Shefter: RGIII VISITING JETS -- MERGED

Maxman

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Tanny was the GM in title only, he was really more of Rex's errand boy and guy who knew some Math, all the GMing type moves were made by Rex, until 2012 when everyone realizes he had no clue of what they hell he was doing, but it was too late at that time

And drafting Brick,Mangold, Revis, Harris and bringing in Kris Jenkins and  Faneca was all Mangini I suppose??:rolleyes:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Savage69 said:

And drafting Brick,Mangold, Revis, Harris and bringing in Kris Jenkins and  Faneca was all Mangini I suppose??:rolleyes:

Pretty much, yes. As was Gholston.

The Jets made it crystal clear that they were bringing in a cap guru as a GM to follow the Pioli roll, they came from the Parcells school of thought, which was to let the chef pick the groceries, member that?

Turned out the chef picked out some pretty rank groceries, and the whole kitchen smelled like a mix of moldy mushrooms and poo

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Pretty much, yes. As was Gholston.

The Jets made it crystal clear that they were bringing in a cap guru as a GM to follow the Pioli roll, they came from the Parcells school of thought, which was to let the chef pick the groceries, member that?

Turned out the chef picked out some pretty rank groceries, and the whole kitchen smelled like a mix of moldy mushrooms and poo

Then the Jets should have given Mangini the GM/HC title and saved money..LOL Who told the Fins to sign Suh Rex calling from buffalo??

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Then the Jets should have given Mangini the GM/HC title and saved money..LOL Who told the Fins to sign Suh Rex calling from buffalo??

I have no idea how the decision making goes with the fish, and don't give a crap. It has zero bearing on how the decision making went during Tannys days here, but if it makes you feel better about your boy Rex, knock yourself out

22 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Tanny was the GM in title only, he was really more of Rex's errand boy and guy who knew some Math, all the GMing type moves were made by Rex, until 2012 when everyone realizes he had no clue of what they hell he was doing, but it was too late at that time

Proof?

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I agree 100% but if we sign RG3,to compete with Geno and Petty and don't bring in a viable option at QB we will get destroyed by the media. They will blame it on Mac and Bowles. I have heard it already from Pat Kitwan and that big Douche Ross Tucker. Can you imagine our media Dick C and Manish.

But all I say to that is "who cares?" The media doesn't dictate this team anymore.  At least that is the impression I get from the new head office.  They have a plan and they have contingency plans and they don't care what anyone else thinks, they believe in their plans.  Not to make a direct comparison with the Patriots but honestly every season BB goes out and gets someone that all pats fans are like "da fuq?" but time and again he has proven he knows what he is doing with the talent they go and get.  I'm not saying our FO is anywhere close to that of the Pats, time will hopefully prove that but I just don't see the media with a lot of leverage against this team like they have done in years past.  

I do find it interesting though that if we do bring in RG3, we will have 2 Baylor QBs on the roster.  Now I know they aren't exactly the same type of players on talent levels but they did come from the same system in baylor and both  can translate well to a Gailey open attack spread offense.  I can see this making sense if they think Petty needs another year and RG3 can come to compete for the starting position and if he gets injured Petty could possibly step in mid season without having to change the offensive system.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Then you'd love the Jeff George and RGIII of the world.  

Like some NFL coaches, you clearly believe in the "I can fix them" theory of signing  head-case busts because :Potential:

The Hubris, that you know more about RGIII than anyone here in Washington could, folks who actually watched every snap he took, and everything head-case thing he did, and every injury he suffered, obsessively, the last few years.

But you know better.  

And then, comparing RGIII's being a dick with Brady.  And in the same post telling anyone else THEY can't talk QB's.  

If you didn't exist Nut, I'd have to invent you.  For comedy relief value, if nothing else.

Do you think he's irredeemable? Could his issues be related to immaturity?

25 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have no idea how the decision making goes with the fish, and don't give a crap. It has zero bearing on how the decision making went during Tannys days here, but if it makes you feel better about your boy Rex, knock yourself out

There isnt a shred of evidence that Rex made more than a few requests for players.  

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Uncoachable these days is as close to irredeemable as youre going to get.

I agree, but is that where he's at? He's had two douchebag coaching situations, complicated by a jerkoff owner. I know there was some college football writer who said RGIII was an a$$hole at Baylor, so maybe it's his thing, but the dude has to be humbled by now, right?

Just now, T0mShane said:

I agree, but is that where he's at? He's had two douchebag coaching situations, complicated by a jerkoff owner. I know there was some college football writer who said RGIII was an a$$hole at Baylor, so maybe it's his thing, but the dude has to be humbled by now, right?

Woody and RG Sr are currently on the yacht. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There isnt a shred of evidence that Rex made more than a few requests for players.  

When you've got two finger-pointing cockroaches like Rex and Tannenbaum in full CYA-mode, all the evidence is going to be buried. The "evidence" in this case is that Mangini wanted Boy Scouts and the Jets drafted Boy Scouts, while Rex clearly had a preference for thugs and the Jets immediately started bringing in thugs for him. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When you've got two finger-pointing cockroaches like Rex and Tannenbaum in full CYA-mode, all the evidence is going to be buried. The "evidence" in this case is that Mangini wanted Boy Scouts and the Jets drafted Boy Scouts, while Rex clearly had a preference for thugs and the Jets immediately started bringing in thugs for him. 

Oh, you mean Tannenbaum did not just have a sudden and dramatic change in philosophy?

Also, when Mangini was here, what splashy moves dos Tannenbaum make other than Favre, which was demanded by Woody.

None, it was not his way.

Rex convinced everyone in the building he was oh so close to a SB and was a few players away.

Rex destroyed this franchise, and then threw everyone he could under the bus when it went to sh*t.

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Oh, you mean Tannenbaum did not just have a sudden and dramatic change in philosophy?

Also, when Mangini was here, what splashy moves dos Tannenbaum make other than Favre, which was demanded by Woody.

None, it was not his way.

Rex convinced everyone in the building he was oh so close to a SB and was a few players away.

Rex destroyed this franchise, and then threw everyone he could under the bus when it went to sh*t.

I usually agree with you, my Rex-hating compadre, but Tannenbaum is an insecure nerd with a social disorder who desperately needs to be on the back pages of newspapers. Rex gave him (and Woody) the chance to be celebrities that Mangini didn't and it's likely not an insignificant piece as to why Mangini only got three years here. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never get too excited or wonder why things like this happen. 

This is the NY Jets. 

It's happening, I can just feel it...and I'm excited.  Let Gaily a hold of him and we might have a franchise QB...Would rather Kaep...but I'll take it.

He got a RAW deal in Washington. Awful the way they treated him.

They had no offensive line, and not that many weapons. Yeah he is a dual threat QB, and running quarterbacks get hurt a lot but he took a lot of hits in the pocket.

I wanted Fitz back... but not at the price he demanded. Fitzpatrick is older, and I really think he would of regressed from last year. People really hate RGIII, they say he has attitude issues, ego, etc. I think it is BS. He got injured, and DC turned there backs on him because he could not be that franchise guy. They were bitter because of what they invested in him with all those draft picks they used to move up. That is the way I see it.

He will get a fresh start here... just give him a chance. Fitzpatrick got a chance last year and we almost made the playoffs. I really think RGIII can be better than Fitzpatrick.

Also... I want to say that signing RG III should not prohibit us at all from drafting another quarterback. If there is another QB like Lynch for example that slips in round 2 that Maccagnan and his boys have been scouting I have a feeling that they will take him.

And it is NOT that I hated Fitzpatrick. But I just do not see Fitzpatrick being our guy. He was a stop gap, and I really think that his ceiling is what we got out of him last year. He would of been a very risky investment if we were going to fork over 15m+ in doe. 

I feel more comfortable with us going foward with RGIII, Petty, Smith, and maybe another draftee. People forget that RG III won ROTY. He still has potential... just the injuries and toxic situation in Washington ruined him. Dan Snyder is one of the worst owners in the NFL... and the Redskins have been dysfunctional for a while. Yes, I realize RG III was really hyped... but I just do not like the way the media has perceived him as some kind of enemy... like it was his fault he got hurt. I think this is a great low risk high reward kind of thing for the Jets. If he signs.

4 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

He got a RAW deal in Washington. Awful the way they treated him.

They had no offensive line, and not that many weapons. Yeah he is a dual threat QB, and running quarterbacks get hurt a lot but he took a lot of hits in the pocket.

I wanted Fitz back... but not at the price he demanded. Fitzpatrick is older, and I really think he would of regressed from last year. People really hate RGIII, they say he has attitude issues, ego, etc. I think it is BS. He got injured, and DC turned there backs on him because he could not be that franchise guy. They were bitter because of what they invested in him with all those draft picks they used to move up. That is the way I see it.

He will get a fresh start here... just give him a chance. Fitzpatrick got a chance last year and we almost made the playoffs. I really think RGIII can be better than Fitzpatrick.

The Redskins gave up more than 3 first round draft picks to move up a couple spots to get him, and gave him a tremendous amount of money.  Yet, they aren't going to start him because the fan base turned on him? 

If that is the case, who do we need to talk speak with in their fan base so the message can get through to the Jets FO.  I mean the Jets gave Sanchez what 4 years, and then Geno a couple more.  Despite the public outcry.  

I am more inclined that the powers that be realized that he was an entitled f*ck with no leadership ability.  

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, but to be fair, Rex did have a lot of say with Tannenbaum.  He wasn't the de facto GM like bowel movement wants you to believe.  He was completely neutered by Idzik, save for the Boyd pick.

Coaches are usually pretty bad at drafting and Rex isn't an exception.  That should be the GM's job.

5 minutes ago, hawk said:

The Redskins gave up more than 3 first round draft picks to move up a couple spots to get him, and gave him a tremendous amount of money.  Yet, they aren't going to start him because the fan base turned on him? 

If that is the case, who do we need to talk speak with in their fan base so the message can get through to the Jets FO.  I mean the Jets gave Sanchez what 4 years, and then Geno a couple more.  Despite the public outcry.  

I am more inclined that the powers that be realized that he was an entitled f*ck with no leadership ability.  

They could not build a team around him. And the bold is why. It's dysnfunction at its finest and it was the work of Snyder. 

And I do not care who comes here... as long as it is not Hoyer. But RG III would be coming to a team that has a competent offensive line, 2 stud WR's, and a running game that looks like it has some potential. None of which he had other than a durable run game in Washington.

I'm just saying he got a raw deal because they moved that many pieces for him, and they did not have the right supporting cast around him.

Archived