Big Patriots trade - Chandler jones to arizona

Raideraholic

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He obviously didn't follow the Patriot Way...

...as in, he didn't share his drugs with Gronk and the rest.

This joke would make sense if he did share his drugs....or whatever he sought police assistance for last year.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

12-4 means they have an all-time great QB they lucked into in the 6th round nearly 20 years ago. 

What about the D?  You know as a Jets' fan you love the D.  :)

Weird trade for the Pats.  They went 12-4 and went back to the AFCCG with the most make shift OL like, ever.

Now they trade for a JAG Guard with their best pass rusher?  I guess they really wanted that late 2nd pick.  

Or they don't want to pay for Jones next year.  But if that's the case, why not have him create an all natural juicing business that is great for the mind, body and soul.  Call it JonesyJuice Inc.  That way the Patriots nutrition department can make said business a partner and generate a revenue stream to Jones through JonesyJuice Inc. 

17 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Not all teams have a former Jets' employee as commissioner.

Goodell didn't strip your pick for Deflategate. Your half-melted wax sculpture of an owner gave it up like a groupie because he didn't have the sack to roll off whatever 25-year-old "dancer" he's shtupping this week and fight the charges like a man.

Just now, JiF said:

Weird trade for the Pats.  They went 12-4 and went back to the AFCCG with the most make shift OL like, ever.

Now they trade for a JAG Guard with their best pass rusher?  I guess they really wanted that late 2nd pick.  

Or they don't want to pay for Jones next year.  But if that's the case, why not have him create an all natural juicing business that is great for the mind, body and soul.  Call it JonesyJuice Inc.  That way the Patriots nutrition department can make said business a partner and generate a revenue stream to Jones through JonesyJuice Inc. 

This.

Too many people going to be free agents next year (Butler, Hightower and Collins).  Jones was never going to be a Patriots after next year.

The JAG will probably start.  Oy! 

6 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

This joke would make sense if he did share his drugs....or whatever he sought police assistance for last year.

So, a joke about Jones not sharing his drugs would only make sense if he did share his drugs?

Umm, okay.

You really shouldn't try to analyze a joke too much. It's bad for your health.

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Belichick is awful at drafting, historically.  Don't care.  Jones was a force.  Arizona won this trade.

I really do hatem as much as anybody but.........You really dont believe that do you???

Brady

Gostkowski

Light

Seymour

Edelman

Wilfork

Mankins

Samuel

Collins

McCourty

Mayo

want more?

Hightower

Jones

KoppenBranch

Vollmer

more?

This trade is dumb. Lose lose for both teams in my opinion. 

Cooper has been terrible, it's basically a 3rd round pick,  Jones is really good but he's gonna command a huge deal so I assume it's a rental plus Pats weren't going to resign him. It's a lose lose lose

funny tho, go look at the pats board. After past few years saying how amazing Jones was, they basically are saying he's not that good and wow we got so much back for him cuz he's average. Ummm what? Also, they think Cooper is amazing because he was drafted top 10. Just wait until they find out how terrible he is. 

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

I really do hatem as much as anybody but.........You really dont believe that do you???

Brady

Gostkowski

Light

Seymour

Edelman

Wilfork

Mankins

Samuel

Collins

McCourty

Mayo

want more?

Hightower

Jones

KoppenBranch

Vollmer

more?

He's not terrible at drafting by any means, but a lot of those guys are over the course of like 15 years. I could list probably that many good players for  a lot of teams. 

56 minutes ago, section314 said:

You knew Jones was history when the news came out about the party incident right before the playoffs. Think Pats did well here.

I forgot about that.  

There you go. 

That helps explain it as well as Chandler being a UFA at the end of 2016.

49 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That sets the market trade price for Mo. 

How so?  

Did Mo party before a game like Jones did?  Do the Jets suspect Mo of using drugs as is obviously the case with Chandler?  There is absolutely no analogy or similarity here.  One is tagged and the other is a shocking trade of a player who is about to become a FA after the 2016 season. Just a few days ago, Patriots exercised their option for a 5th year for Chandler at $7,800,000.  Arizona is on the hook for only one year at $7,800,000.  Nothing beyond that.

There is nothing similar at all here except both players play defense and played for AFC East teams.

21 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Brady

Gostkowski

Light

Seymour

Edelman

Wilfork

Mankins

Samuel

Collins

McCourty

Mayo

want more?

Hightower

Jones

KoppenBranch

Vollmer

more?

Yes, I do.  Belichick follows the philosophy of stockpiling picks with the hope of nailing of few of the picks.  Quantity over quality.  And for all those guys you just listed, I can list the following:

Adrian Kelmm

J.R. Redmond

Brock Williams

Kenyatta Jones

Jabari Holloway

Daniel Graham

Rohan Davey

Ty Warren

Eugene Wilson

Bethel Johnson

Dan Klecko

Ben Watson

Dexter Reid

Cedric Cobbs

P.K. Sam

Marquise Hill

Guss Scott

Ellis Hobbs

Garrett Mills

Nick Kaczur

Laurence Maroney

Chad Jackson

David Thomas

Terrence Wheatley

Shawn Crable

Jonathan Wilhite

Kevin O'Connell

Ron Brace

Jermaine Cunningham

Brandon Spikes

Tyrone McKenzie

Aaron Hernandez

Nate Solder

Ras-I Dowling

Ryan Mallett

Tavon Wilson

Jake Beguette

Aaron Dobson

And a host of others.  When it comes  to % of picks missed, Belichick is up there with some of the worst in NFL history.

46 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Mo is still more valuable a player than chandler... this is a guy who od'ed on fake weed before a playoff game, it should come as no surprise that belichick would look into moving him 

There is zero analogy to Mo's situation.  None.

14 minutes ago, jett said:

This trade is dumb. Lose lose for both teams in my opinion. 

Cooper has been terrible, it's basically a 3rd round pick,  Jones is really good but he's gonna command a huge deal so I assume it's a rental plus Pats weren't going to resign him. It's a lose lose lose

funny tho, go look at the pats board. After past few years saying how amazing Jones was, they basically are saying he's not that good and wow we got so much back for him cuz he's average. Ummm what? Also, they think Cooper is amazing because he was drafted top 10. Just wait until they find out how terrible he is. 

That is dumb.  He was a very good player.  You hit the nail on the head. He was going to be too expensive.

40 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Jones killed us when we played them. I'm glad he's gone. 

Correct you are!

This is blow for the Pats.  Perhaps a little help on the OL and a stab at a 2nd rounder.  In exchange for a top pass rusher.  Wow.  Jones did something to piss that organization off  and it had to be major.  Obviously there's much we don't know about the details of that party.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I do.  Belichick follows the philosophy of stockpiling picks with the hope of nailing of few of the picks.  Quantity over quality.  And for all those guys you just listed, I can list the following:

Adrian Kelmm

J.R. Redmond

Brock Williams

Kenyatta Jones

Jabari Holloway

Daniel Graham

Rohan Davey

Ty Warren

Eugene Wilson

Bethel Johnson

Dan Klecko

Ben Watson

Dexter Reid

Cedric Cobbs

P.K. Sam

Marquise Hill

Guss Scott

Ellis Hobbs

Garrett Mills

Nick Kaczur

Laurence Maroney

Chad Jackson

David Thomas

Terrence Wheatley

Shawn Crable

Jonathan Wilhite

Kevin O'Connell

Ron Brace

Jermaine Cunningham

Brandon Spikes

Tyrone McKenzie

Aaron Hernandez

Nate Solder

Ras-I Dowling

Ryan Mallett

Tavon Wilson

Jake Beguette

Jamie Collins

Aaron Dobson

And a host of others.  When it comes  to % of picks missed, Belichick is up there with some of the worst in NFL history.

Jamie Collins?  Credibility...bye bye now!

40 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Not all teams have a former Jets' employee as commissioner.

one who is buddy-buddy with the Patriots owner.  You know... the guy who was boning a young slut before his dead beloved wife was even cold in the ground.

36 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Ok.  I am just sayin', he brought the hammer down on the Chiefs for tampering.  Woody goes down on Revis...nothing. 

Because Woody and the Jets were never shown to have reached out to Revis.  With KC, there was clear evidence of negotiation with the player. 

Apples and Oranges.  

This hasn't been your best troll day, has it?  But you can keep trying.

Just now, Dcat said:

Because Woody and the Jets were never shown to have reached out to Revis.  With KC, there was clear evidence of negotiation with the player. 

Apples and Oranges.  

This hasn't been your best troll day, has it?  But you can keep trying.

Poor fella is trying so hard though.  We've barely even brought up the cheating in this thread.  Just good old fashioned wrongness from the Patriots camp on this trade already.

40 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

12-4 means they are good.  They were 10th in points allowed and 9th in yards.  That is good no?

what does this have to do with the trading of one of the better pass rushers in the league for a meh OG and a late 2nd round pick?

Changing the topic is very unbecoming. Even for a troll.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Very odd trade. Chandler Jones can play. Unless he has some trouble pending, the immediate reaction is that the Pats got taken here for one of their better defenders.

drugs and money makes a team do strange things.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Very odd trade. Chandler Jones can play. Unless he has some trouble pending, the immediate reaction is that the Pats got taken here for one of their better defenders.

Feels like a classic BB move.  I imagine he wasn't planning on paying him next year.  So get rid of him a early earlier and get something rather than nothing.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Keeping Brady upright is the pats best defense, plus they weren't going to pay him. They can make do with collins/sheard/ninkovitch

what does this have to do with the trading of one of the better pass rushers in the league for a meh OG and a late 2nd round pick?

Changing the topic is very unbecoming. Even for a troll.

Damn, Jets fans are funny.

You laughed your ass off when the Pats traded away Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins.

All the Pats did was proceed to win multiple Super Bowl titles.

And who the hell wants a player who smokes synthetic weed a week before a playoff game?

This is another great move by BB and the Pats.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You laughed your ass off when the Pats traded away Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins.

And who the hell wants a player who smokes synthetic weed a week before a playoff game?

Actually, I agree with you on this.  It does make sense to get some value now while you can.  Still, I'm glad he's no longer on the Pats.  He was a menace and a very good player.  So enjoy your late 2nd round pick.  And new mediocre guard.  At least you got something for him.  And the rest of the AFCE doesn't have to deal with Chandler Jones any more.

win-win.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Pats with a HOF QB at his prime went 9 years without winning one in part due to this philosophy.  Do you keep your team reasonably stocked with talent long term doing this?  Yes but you also potentially lose out on the big prize becasue you are not quite good enough when it counts.  The Pats used to be ahead of the game when it came time to make moves but lately they have been behind the times.  (not solidifying the oline before hand, still have some weak receivers for brady, no, run out the game when leading RB.)

Archived