Brocos offering Kap 7m per year for 2 years....wait that less than fitz!

HighPitch

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Kaep doesnt care what Denver offers. All Kaep has to do is not pick up the phone until SF tells him how they're going to pay him the remaining of the 11 million dollar contract that he's guaranteed this year. 

SF is in a tight situation. They want to move him, Denver wants him but wont take on the 11 million and Kaep really doesnt have to accept it because SF is on the hook. 

Also, given the relationship with Kaep and the FO, you really dont want him on the team this year because of bad feelings. SF is going to have to bite the bullet on this one. 

Believe it or not, Kaep is #winning 

This is an interesting scenario with all three sides seemingly willing to play hardball

Denver can't go into the season with Sanchez as their QB, but doesn't want to overpay for Kaep

SF doesn't want to pay Kaep, but doesn't want to let him go for nothing

Kaep wants to play in Denver but doesn't want too much of a pay cut

Fascinating example of game theory in real life.

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kaep doesnt care what Denver offers. All Kaep has to do is not pick up the phone until SF tells him how they're going to pay him the remaining of the 11 million dollar contract that he's guaranteed this year. 

SF is in a tight situation. They want to move him, Denver wants him but wont take on the 11 million and Kaep really doesnt have to accept it because SF is on the hook. 

Also, given the relationship with Kaep and the FO, you really dont want him on the team this year because of bad feelings. SF is going to have to bite the bullet on this one. 

This was the terrible contract he was "screwed" by signing.

23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kaep is winning this year, but not going forward. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

His contract is guaranteed, he is going to get his 11.7 or what ever it is.  SF is the most screwed.

Elway stuck his team with the Sanchez.  Broncos are screwed, screwed themselves. 

Yep.  If this thing is going to go down SF is going to have to pick up the 5M.  Don't know why they don't, they still save almost 7M, and get rid of a pain.

I just can't see Kaep playing in SF this year.  BTW if the Jets wanted him, they would have to cough up a 3rd, and 11 M.  He'd be on a plane tomorrow.

They won't

17 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Correct, after April 1rst his base salary became guaranteed. SF owes it in full.

Yeah, but what about the rest of the contract. The 27 million. I thought I read somewhere that Denver has not committed themselves to anything other than 14 million. But correct me if I'm wrong about this. 

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, but what about the rest of the contract. The 27 million. I thought I read somewhere that Denver has not committed themselves to anything other than 14 million. But correct me if I'm wrong about this. 

I think it's April 1rst of every year and until the guaranteed money runs out, as noted in this article. By the end of this year, roughly $53 of the $61 fully guaranteed would have been paid out so the question would then become for SF, if he fails under Chip is cutting him worth the cap hit of $8+ million over 2 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/11/shrewd-term-in-kaepernick-contract-takes-on-greater-importance/

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This was the terrible contract he was "screwed" by signing.

Yeah he sure was "dumb" for signing that one.

Guy could walk away from football this year and with halfway decent advice never have to worry about money again.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Why?  Sanchez for all his problems isn't that much worse than some of the other qb's that are available out there

Hes awful and hes had time to fix what he ruined when he fell asleep and watched Osweiller move to Houston

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes awful and hes had time to fix what he ruined when he fell asleep and watched Osweiller move to Houston

Texans offered Osweiler $30 million more.  Osweiler played half a season and looked ok he felt that wasn't worth $75 million if that's falling asleep ok

is Sanchez worse than Brisn Hoyer?

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Texans offered Osweiler $30 million more.  Osweiler played half a season and looked ok he felt that wasn't worth $75 million if that's falling asleep ok

is Sanchez worse than Brisn Hoyer?

Osweiler is the reason they made the playoffs.  He was handed the team when Peyton went down and won the games he needed to win to put then in the playoffs, thats all

Sanchez sucks, who cares if he's better than Hoyer?

Elway put a shltty QB on a defending SB team thinking he had Kaep in tow.  Hasnt quite worked out that way 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Osweiler is the reason they made the playoffs.  He was handed the team when Peyton went down and won the games he needed to win to put then in the playoffs, thats all

Sanchez sucks, who cares if he's better than Hoyer?

Elway put a shltty QB on a defending SB team thinking he had Kaep in tow.  Hasnt quite worked out that way 

Elway has three Super Bowls one as a GM and two as a player I take his word over yours

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Elway has three Super Bowls one as a GM and two as a player I take his word over yours

And how many QBs has he drafted and won with?

Any moron with a checkbook could have brought P Manning in.  

Funny, what have you won that allows you to have an opinion about QBs?  

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So, let me get this straight. They're trying to renegotiate his contract, and they offered him less than what he's asking for? That's nuts.

Yeah, but Denver's coach has not come out and said that he would be the "starting qb" for them if he arrives. That hurts Kaep's negotiating stance.

Or, so I am told

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The nerve.

17 hours ago, pointman said:

Shortest post I've ever seen from you. JUST AN OBSERVATION! DON'T BAN ME!!!

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

K

the sperm count is quite low today.

LOW-SPERM-COUNT.gif

Jets seem to have ZERO interest in Kaep. The only way this affects the Jets is whether or not Fitz will run out of his last opportunity (the Broncos) at a starting gig, before coming back to the Jets. I'm hoping the Broncos and Niners come to a resolution for Kaep so Fitz lowers his price and returns to the Jets.   

Archived