Quarterbacks

Smo0v3mik3

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Preferences 2016:

1. Fitz/Petty/Draft Pick -- Fitz resigned for BO-2 Years.  Petty-in-Waiting, Mid-Round Talent/Prospect in case Petty isn't the guy.

2. Fitz/High Draft Pick/Petty - Again, resign Fitz to start/hold fort for 1-2 years, High Pick to sit, then compete, Petty to compete, presumes team thinks Petty isn't the guy already.

3. Fitz/Glennon/Petty - Fitz risgned, Glennon aquired for no more than a 3rd round pick.  Fitz/Glennon compete, Petty reamains in development.

4. Petty/Geno/Draft Pick - If all else fails, start Petty (for better or worse), let Geno finish out as a #2, Draft someone, pray for 2017 and beyond.

How about an option that doesn't have the word PETTY ffs... Cause I guarantee no one important is making decisions based on that dude.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How about an option that doesn't have the word PETTY ffs... Cause I guarantee no one important is making decisions based on that dude.

Because we drafted Petty, and I liked what I've seen from Petty thus far.  I believe he can be developed into a starter.

If he cannot, he should be cut.

The fact he has not yet been cut says the team remains to some degree supportive of the player, and factor him into their plans to some degree.

What is your complaint, exactly?  If the teams feels Petty isn't they guy as a #1 (yet or ever), I have no doubt they'll make a move to try and acquire a #1. 

My preference, stated clearly, is that Petty can be a part of the solution.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because we drafted Petty, and I liked what I've seen from Petty thus far.  I believe he can be developed into a starter.

If he cannot, he should be cut.

The fact he has not yet been cut says the team remains to some degree supportive of the player, and factor him into their plans to some degree.

What is your complaint, exactly?  If the teams feels Petty isn't they guy as a #1 (yet or ever), I have no doubt they'll make a move to try and acquire a #1. 

My preference, stated clearly, is that Petty can be a part of the solution.

Petty didn't look that good facing third stringers last preseason

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Preferences 2016:

1. Fitz/Petty/Draft Pick -- Fitz resigned for BO-2 Years.  Petty-in-Waiting, Mid-Round Talent/Prospect in case Petty isn't the guy.

2. Fitz/High Draft Pick/Petty - Again, resign Fitz to start/hold fort for 1-2 years, High Pick to sit, then compete, Petty to compete, presumes team thinks Petty isn't the guy already.

3. Fitz/Glennon/Petty - Fitz risgned, Glennon aquired for no more than a 3rd round pick.  Fitz/Glennon compete, Petty reamains in development.

4. Petty/Geno/Draft Pick - If all else fails, start Petty (for better or worse), let Geno finish out as a #2, Draft someone, pray for 2017 and beyond.

I'd shuffle your list and go:

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not sure if there's any chance trading for a guy like AJ McCarron. I feel like if Andy Dalton starts off slow McCarron could take the job over there. McCarron isnt going anywhere. I think Dalton has a more realistic chance of being traded at this point. Nick Foles is a mystery. That first year was just phenomenal....but even last year I didnt want him because he just doesnt give me the feeling like he could take over and be the franchise QB even after having that probowl season and being the MVP of the probowl. Case Keenum is coming from two organizations that desperately needs a QB (Hou/Rams) Houston let him go and the Rams just mortgaged this year and next years draft just to move up 14 spots to take a QB. That doesnt reflect well on Case Keenum. 

As for Mike Glennon, outside of AJ McCarron, Glennon is the only QB that has shown some promise and a skillset that looks like it could be worked with. Could he be the answer? Who knows? Would I prefer the Jets give up two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks over 2 seasons like the Rams did earlier today just to get Clevelands spot just to draft Goff/Wentz? No. Would I prefer the Jets give up a 3rd rounder for Glennon instead? Yea. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not sure if there's any chance trading for a guy like AJ McCarron. I feel like if Andy Dalton starts off slow McCarron could take the job over there. McCarron isnt going anywhere. I think Dalton has a more realistic chance of being traded at this point. Nick Foles is a mystery. That first year was just phenomenal....but even last year I didnt want him because he just doesnt give me the feeling like he could take over and be the franchise QB even after having that probowl season and being the MVP of the probowl. Case Keenum is coming from two organizations that desperately needs a QB (Hou/Rams) Houston let him go and the Rams just mortgaged this year and next years draft just to move up 14 spots to take a QB. That doesnt reflect well on Case Keenum. 

As for Mike Glennon, outside of AJ McCarron, Glennon is the only QB that has shown some promise and a skillset that looks like it could be worked with. Could he be the answer? Who knows? Would I prefer the Jets give up two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks over 2 seasons like the Rams did earlier today just to get Clevelands spot just to draft Goff/Wentz? No. Would I prefer the Jets give up a 3rd rounder for Glennon instead? Yea. 

I mean I don't even understand you. Aj is taking over for Dalton? In what freakin world?? You can day aj looked promising that's fine but Dalton just had a great season last year I mean come on  man. 

I don't have any qualms with trading for Glennon but Not a 3rd. Id say conditional 5th but they wouldn't do it. So there's that 

15 minutes ago, jett said:

I mean I don't even understand you. Aj is taking over for Dalton? In what freakin world?? You can day aj looked promising that's fine but Dalton just had a great season last year I mean come on  man. 

I don't have any qualms with trading for Glennon but Not a 3rd. Id say conditional 5th but they wouldn't do it. So there's that 

Dalton is 0-5 in the playoffs and he seems fragile when it comes to letting things get to him such as the situation with JJ Watt. 

When you're a Bengals team that has a front office that continues to hit in the draft yet not only do you continuously lose in the playoffs, but you're not even good enough in the regular season to even get a 1st round bye, the two people you look at are the coach (who's 0-7 in the playoffs) and the quarterback (Who's 0-5 in the playoffs). 

You dont have to agree with me, and im not saying that its absolute fact. Its just what I see from the Bengals right now. Dont be surprised if things dont go right this year that they trade Dalton and give the keys to McCarron, especially if McCarron has shown that he can play ball. 

That playoff record in reflection to the amount of talent that has been put around Dalton is a bad look. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dalton is 0-5 in the playoffs and he seems fragile when it comes to letting things get to him such as the situation with JJ Watt. 

When you're a Bengals team that has a front office that continues to hit in the draft yet not only do you continuously lose in the playoffs, but you're not even good enough in the regular season to even get a 1st round bye, the two people you look at are the coach (who's 0-7 in the playoffs) and the quarterback (Who's 0-5 in the playoffs). 

You dont have to agree with me, and im not saying that its absolute fact. Its just what I see from the Bengals right now. Dont be surprised if things dont go right this year that they trade Dalton and give the keys to McCarron, especially if McCarron has shown that he can play ball. 

That playoff record in reflection to the amount of talent that has been put around Dalton is a bad look. 

If aj were to take over it wouldn't be next year. It would take 2 years of bad play from Dalton  for him to get replaced 

9 minutes ago, jett said:

If aj were to take over it wouldn't be next year. It would take 2 years of bad play from Dalton  for him to get replaced 

Could be right. 

However, if Dalton doesnt get a 1st round bye, and ends up losing in the wild card again at home in front of the homecrowd fans again, that day may be closer than you think. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Preferences 2016:

I'll go with door #1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Be serious, Petty isnt ready. 

Didn't say he was ready, but he's much improved over what he looked like at the Senior Bowl.   He played almost the whole game against Atlanta, and looked very good.

I'm expecting him to be much improved again this year and replace smith as the the #2

3 hours ago, Smo0v3mik3 said:

How does everyone feel on nick foles, kase Keenum, Mike Glennon, or AJ mcarron, being our starting quarterback!?? And is there any chance of trading for them?

Absolutely terrible. That's how I'd feel.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Didn't say he was ready, but he's much improved over what he looked like at the Senior Bowl.   he playe almost the whole game against Atlanta, and looked very good.

I'm expecting him to be much improved again this year and replace smith as the the #2

Im expecting someone to be the starter, If that means that Petty is the #2 and Geno is the #1 then I'd be cool with that. 

I seen the Atlanta game and I wasnt overly impressed. Also, nothing that I've gotten from the Jets indicate that Petty is ready for anything right now. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Preferences 2016:

Options 2 & 1, in that order. 3 & 4 are scary scenarios I really hope don't come to fruition.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Options 2 & 1, in that order. 3 & 4 are scary scenarios I really hope don't come to fruition.

I could deal with Glennon , as long as smith is off the roster.  Won't happen though the Jets aren't trading a 2 or 3 for Glennon, on the last year of his contract to sit on the bench.

if Fitz isn't signed by the draft, you might see something like Glennon, Petty, draft pick

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think the stupidity remarks on Geno is one of the byproducts of what im talking about though. If you take Bill Parcells requirements of drafting a QB I think Geno hits on all of them outside of graduating college. I think he left early. Parcells says that you should get a QB that has been successful, having won atleast 23 college games. I think Geno won close to 30 games. 

The lastest thing now is him being stupid, and though I generally think there's more underlying to that (more of a societal thing), Geno had an above average score on his wonderlic and was always known as being a film junkie and even participated in chess tournaments as a kid. 

The term, "you cant teach stupid" is a easy way to dismiss. However, sometimes the students are simply a reflection of the teacher. So as I stated originally, having a guy like Chan, a teacher that has been proven, I think that Geno is in a situation where maybe he could show what he's actually capable of. His acumen may not be the best because jumping into the fire straight from college with Rex Ryan as your coach and John Idzik as your GM isnt really a conducive situation. 

Having an OC like Gailey and a coach that wont take crap but will be fair in Bowles and a GM in Macc that in one season put together a team with more talent overall than I can remember is a conducive situation for any QB.

Just saying someone is stupid may not be "hate" but its still a way to dismiss someone, especially when there's nothing to support it. 

Yes. It's society's fault he's a turnover machine and got his jaw broke over $600.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Yes. It's society's fault he's a turnover machine and got his jaw broke over $600.

Well, since society is filled with a bunch of asshat's that can dish it out but can never take it, I would say "yes, to a degree". Peyton Manning threw more INT's in his first 2 seasons than Geno did and I think he lost around the same amount of games. Never once heard Peyton Manning as the "turnover machine that is too stupid to play QB". I know....thats "different". 

And this level of buffoonery was occurring way before $600, but during his rookie season and it heightened the moment Geno flipped off a bunch of disrespectful fans that deserved what they had coming.  Suddenly every Jets fan was somehow appalled. 

If you dont have the resources to contribute to QB development, then dont draft a QB. Doesnt take a genius to know that. It also doesnt take a genius to know what bad play in a bad situation looks like as well. Geno Smith isnt the best, he may even end up being trash, but the dismissal of a young guy that's obviously more talented than the critics who criticize him based on emotions is a prime example of the asshattery society produces...then of course they turn around and defend it. 

My opinion though...and I'll stick with it. 

On 4/14/2016 at 4:29 PM, Warfish said:

Preferences 2016:

I'd try to trade for Glennon and draft a qb like Hackenburg.  I'm not on the Fitz train.

38 minutes ago, adb280z said:

I'd try to trade for Glennon and draft a qb like Hackenburg.  I'm not on the Fitz train.

I am on the Fitz train, and still think it will get done.  I also think he's close to crossing a line.  I don't blame him to try and get a big last pay day.  That train left town.

Nobody is going to pay him more then the Jets have offered.  The rest is drama.  Either they already have a deal in place, just not the money to do it yet...................Or Fitz is about to try Macc's patience.   

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

I am on the Fitz train, and still think it will get done.  I also think he's close to crossing a line.  I don't blame him to try and get a big last pay day.  That train left town.

Nobody is going to pay him more then the Jets have offered.  The rest is drama.  Either they already have a deal in place, just not the money to do it yet...................Or Fitz is about to try Macc's patience.   

Latest report/leak said he's still looking for $18M/year (Osweiller/Bradford money per year), which is actually more than the original alleged demands of $16M/yr a month ago. 

They aren't even in the same ballpark. Sounds like one side is at around $9M and the other side $18M. If we give in to even close to that, we need a new GM.

Archived