Marshall and Decker record video for Fitz

AFJF

31 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Obviously these guys know nothing about football if they want that scrub Fitzpatrick back, who is a below average QB. They need to learn the game like our resident experts have.

took the words right out of my mouth.

Marshall is a 30 something WR trying to pad his stats for an eventual HOF candidacy, he doesn't have the Jets long term thoughts in his head at all, I really don't care what he thinks , neither should our front office .

2 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Marshall is a 30 something WR trying to pad his stats for an eventual HOF candidacy, he doesn't have the Jets long term thoughts in his head at all, I really don't care what he thinks , neither should our front office .

I wouldn't say that's his primary motivation. More that there aren't a lot of established WRs, on a veteran team, who would choose breaking in a raw rookie QB over bringing back the veteran with whom they just had resurgent seasons.

But it is a window into why it is absurd to take the "cut everybody except QBs who have never played an NFL game yet to see if they don't suck" and keep doing that every year. Crazy I know, but the players are actual people who are actually playing, using up their youth, and risking injury. They're not names on a video game screen that allows resets and do-overs.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I wouldn't say that's his primary motivation. More that there aren't a lot of established WRs, on a veteran team, who would choose breaking in a raw rookie QB over bringing back the veteran with whom they just had resurgent seasons.

But it is a window into why it is absurd to take the "cut everybody except QBs who have never played an NFL game yet to see if they don't suck" and keep doing that every year. Crazy I know, but the players are actual people who are actually playing, using up their youth, and risking injury. They're not names on a video game screen that allows resets and do-overs.

Agreed , I zeroed in on Marshall but to your point there's not one WR in the league who wants to play with any rookie QB, I remember Steve Smith going into diva mode when cam newton got drafted....fans and obviously front office should understand that.

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We should totally make these 3 guys the co-GMs. 

For the record, the Jets have made an offer to Fitzpatrick, and it's either the highest offer or the only offer he's received. He turned it down.

Many Jet fans don't even want the Jets to make him an offer, and think he is such hot garbage that GENO SMITH would be a better option. I know that these guys don't know as much football as the board GM's, but they should know something, right?

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

Obviously these guys know nothing about football if they want that scrub Fitzpatrick back, who is a below average QB. They need to learn the game like our resident experts have.

Marshall chose the Jets because of Geno Smith.  He moved in with him.

Marshall is like the girl in school that actually believes the 20 guys who told her they love her so they could get in her pants.

He's a slut.  

marshall talks up anybody he thinks might be throwing him the ball

remember his lovefest for cutler?

him moving in with Geno?

soon I hope we can hear him saying how much he loves hoyer and it is nice to have a qb that can throw the deep ball again to him

12 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Many Jet fans don't even want the Jets to make him an offer, and think he is such hot garbage that GENO SMITH would be a better option. I know that these guys don't know as much football as the board GM's, but they should know something, right?

I don't think he's hot garbage.  But I also think there's about a zero chance of him duplicating the season he had last year.  It was an easy schedule and he had a career year.  The schedule and the D's he's facing are going to be a lot tougher.  I also don't think Geno could ever put up the year Fitz did last year.

35 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm pointing out that their own immediate interest is not necessarily the team's long term - or short term - interest. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It's all PR nonsense.

If they wanted Fitz to come back they pick up a phone or fly to his house and sit down with him.

To me it's childish and does nothing to help the Jets organization except cause more problems for our second year GM.

Yup.  If they want Fitz so bad, then give him $2M each to help offset his salary.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm pointing out that their own immediate interest is not necessarily the team's long term - or short term - interest. 

Same can be said for every player on the roster, whose only interest is winning and winning now (and increasing their value).

Only Fans can say silly things like "lets tank 2016 and 2017, no worries, we'll get that great QB in the 2018 Draft!"

3 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Agreed...6 NFL teams have absolutely fukked up letting him go and the other 20 teams are literally blowing it by not bringing him in for a look.

2 hours ago, Jolot said:

The closest he gets to the HOF is a drive through Canton and a purchased ticket   on a personal trip IMO.

Fitz is our best option. With that said, Fitz will return to earth this season almost guaranteed. He will never duplicate the success he had last season, and that great season as we are referring to it as never resulted in the playoffs. It is what it is for the time being. NO QB we draft is ready to start day 1.

Marshall and Decker know that Maccagnan doesn't screw around and in about 24 hrs. they will be offering a contract to Hoyer and Fitz better pick up the phone or

start making his retirement plans. Mac will not be played with....Mo knows it, Kerley and Cro know it...... he's given a lot of rope already, there's no more to give. Marshall/Decker know it and this is their last attempt to get Fitz back.

Fitz is OTC

3 hours ago, Jolot said:

Yup, and Decker is a white WR.  Which means there's a good chance he will one day be on NE's payroll.  If he isn't already on their under-the-table payroll.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We should totally make these 3 guys the co-GMs. 

For the record, the Jets have made an offer to Fitzpatrick, and it's either the highest offer or the only offer he's received. He turned it down.

We offered him 7 I think the guy would take 10 and if we are stubborn enough not to go up 3 million we deserve to lose. However I think Macc is much smarter than that and obviously this situation has more to it than meets the eye.

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

We offered him 7 I think the guy would take 10 and if we are stubborn enough not to go up 3 million we deserve to lose. However I think Macc is much smarter than that and obviously this situation has more to it than meets the eye.

No, it was leaked that they offered him north of the $7-8M range originally believed. So that's likely at least $9M already, maybe even $10M, and they are still not anywhere near close. Fitz apparently still wants $18M with a 2 year guarantee.

There's simply no basis right now to say he'd take $10M for 1 year other than your wanting it to be so. Plus it's too much for him anyway. 

16 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

and the five teams that dumped the scrub ... possibly six.

Marshall has been very vocal with his desire for the Jets to re-sign Fitzpatrick, but Bowles said Marshall’s view plays no role in the team’s decision-making.

“Honestly, I love Brandon to death and he’s a good player,” Bowles said. “That’s all I can tell you. He doesn’t factor in making the decisions on this team.”

“My son wants certain things too that his dad says no to,” Bowles said with a laugh. “It really doesn’t matter.”

Archived