Bryce Petty must really stink

Ex-Rex

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You're not getting off that easy. I'm going to argue with you about something before the weekend is over. 

I'm game.  Lol, the sky is green here. 

Youre a fun poster, seriously 

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Got me to do some digging... I thought this was an intelligent video

i don't think the jets will stay at 20.  i think they either use mo to move up, or move back and get more picks (and maybe trade mo for day 2 picks).  if they trade back, i wonder if hack is in play.  i'd be surprised at this point if he makes it past the first half of round 2, so if the jets either don't want lynch or have no shot at him, you'd figure they'd position themselves for either cook or hack.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Got me to do some digging... I thought this was an intelligent video

Interesting find. I agreed with Gruden's assessment in his QB Camp video. Hack looked uncomfortable in Franklin's system. Combine that with PSU's atrocious O-Line (watch the PSU-Temple video. Worst blocking I've ever seen), and it's no wonder his numbers were poor the last two years. 

The guy knows how to read a defense and has elite physical ability. I'd love if the Jets drafted this guy. 

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Interesting find. I agreed with Gruden's assessment in his QB Camp video. Hack looked uncomfortable in Franklin's system. Combine that with PSU's atrocious O-Line (watch the PSU-Temple video. Worst blocking I've ever seen), and it's no wonder his numbers were poor the last two years. 

The guy knows how to read a defense and has elite physical ability. I'd love if the Jets drafted this guy. 

The guy who put this video together could be a total fanboy, but it didn't really come across like it. The things he pointed out seemed legit. I don't know how to ******* review tape or whatever, and don't pretend to be a draftnick. I love the draft, but have no clue how to predict these guys into the league. 

That said, I do know that pre-snap reads, reading defenses, going through progressions are harder things to coach than the mechanics of footwork. I also know that arm talent is arm talent, and guts are guts. 

I have looked at this draft as one of those years where 1 of the top 3 QBs will be legit, and then some team is going to hit the jackpot on a mid-round QB. Maybe this is the guy... I dunno. If Mac, Bowles and Gailey draft him, then I have faith. Both Cook and Hackenberg, to these untrained eyes, seem like less of a project than Lynch.

I think Lynch and Jacoby Brissett look like guys that might require the same amount of grooming. I dunno.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The guy who put this video together could be a total fanboy, but it didn't really come across like it. The things he pointed out seemed legit. I don't know how to ******* review tape or whatever, and don't pretend to be a draftnick. I love the draft, but have no clue how to predict these guys into the league. 

That said, I do know that pre-snap reads, reading defenses, going through progressions are harder things to coach than the mechanics of footwork. I also know that arm talent is arm talent, and guts are guts. 

I have looked at this draft as one of those years where 1 of the top 3 QBs will be legit, and then some team is going to hit the jackpot on a mid-round QB. Maybe this is the guy... I dunno. If Mac, Bowles and Gailey draft him, then I have faith. Both Cook and Hackenberg, to these untrained eyes, seem like less of a project than Lynch.

I think Lynch and Jacoby Brissett look like guys that might require the same amount of grooming. I dunno.

I'm no draftnick, either. That being said, I will watch game videos of these guys to form an opinion. A lot of times, you can kind of see why certain players are highly rated, and why some are considered projects or backups at best.

At face value, Hackenberg has some bad game film. But I keep going back to re-watch, because something about him intrigues me. Maybe it's what the guy in that video points out, I'm not sure. But I can't help but think this kid is going to become a good player.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

Same, I just feel like he's the sort of prick that'll end up good out of spite or something.... like Brady, but not that good, more about the "been slighted" chip on the shoulder type attitude.

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Same, I just feel like he's the sort of prick that'll end up good out of spite or something.... like Brady, but not that good, more about the "been slighted" chip on the shoulder type attitude.

He's a better ELI Manning IMO

Archived