Rookie Minicamp & Rookie Numbers

32EBoozer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I hear that.

Although clearly not Marino - O'brien played some great games for us - he just couldn't rebound from that beating that Miami gave him.

Also, he won the same number of super bowls as Marino did :-)

And Brooks Bollinger. 

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Hackenberg has had some great passes and bad passes. In other words, he's a rookie QB

What will be interesting to see is how long Jets' fans are going to be patient with him and his accuracy.  I just looked it up and Eli didn't hit 60% completion until his 5th year in the league:  48.2, 52.8, 57.7, 56.1, and then finally 60.3 with 9, 17, 18, 20, and then 10 INT's in those years.

After being on these forums for so many years, I have no doubt in my mind that Jets' fans will want to lynch him his first season when he most likely will be under 60% completion.

33 minutes ago, KSJets said:

After being on these forums for so many years, I have no doubt in my mind that Jets' fans will want to lynch him his first season when he most likely will be under 60% completion.

No pun intended?  

HIYO!!!!!!

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Look, I am just trying to help everyone out so they don't invest emotionally in this Hack (punt intended). The more bad passes a QB throws, the less a chance they have of being a good QB. On the constipated side, the less bad passes they throw, the more of a chance they have of being a good QB, its simple economics.

"punt Intended"... what does that even mean???

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

"punt Intended"... what does that even mean???

I think its when you say something that is not symmetrical with a foot. Im not sure, but I see a lot of people saying punt intended when they say something, so I tried it out. I have to say, it felt pretty good too!

8 hours ago, KSJets said:

What will be interesting to see is how long Jets' fans are going to be patient with him and his accuracy.  I just looked it up and Eli didn't hit 60% completion until his 5th year in the league:  48.2, 52.8, 57.7, 56.1, and then finally 60.3 with 9, 17, 18, 20, and then 10 INT's in those years.

eli has been looking pretty good since beckham came onto the scene i really hope we invest in wr and ol next year

14 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Look, I am just trying to help everyone out so they don't invest emotionally in this Hack (punt intended). The more bad passes a QB throws, the less a chance they have of being a good QB. On the constipated side, the less bad passes they throw, the more of a chance they have of being a good QB, its simple economics.

Do you apply this impressively negative attitude to all areas of your life?

13 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Of course, but I still wonder about what Marino to Walker and toon could of brought us, along with our strong defense.

I think we could of won a super bowl in the 80's, so it wouldn't be so bad now.

And your forgetting Freeman and Hector as the RB's and Mickey Shuler at TE.. Marino never had a running game and his top w/r's were both 5'9, Duper and Clayton a 2nd and 8th rd pick..

On May 5, 2016 at 4:00 PM, flgreen said:

Lol

You even brought that silliness to a thread about rookie #'s?  I'm starting to think you havea closet infatuation with Fitz.  Not that there"s anything wrong with that

LOL Others agree with me.

19 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

And your forgetting Freeman and Hector as the RB's and Mickey Shuler at TE.. Marino never had a running game and his top w/r's were both 5'9, Duper and Clayton a 2nd and 8th rd pick..

Ah, what could of been

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Look I support our new QB 100% because he is a Jet, but his accuracy scares the hell out of me. I saw his pro day and he was missing guys 10 feet away. I will reserve judgment until I see him play.

must be talking about the combine because his pro day was pretty good

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Look I support our new QB 100% because he is a Jet, but his accuracy scares the hell out of me. I saw his pro day and he was missing guys 10 feet away. I will reserve judgment until I see him play.

Can't we just have a few days of " Possibilities" rather than "Realities"?

debbie-downer.gif

37 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I wonder what O'Brien would have looked like if he had a deep threat, and a good TE

Wesley Walker only had a good season and a half with O'Brien. Shuler had 3. 

The one year they all played together O'Brien looked like he was going to be great. 

20 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Marshall and Decker will fix all that look what they did for Fitzpatrick

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Marshall and Decker will fix all that look what they did for Fitzpatrick

I think it's a combination of Marshall, Decker, and Gailey, along with a QB that makes good pre snap reads. 

I think you're right. I think Hack would look much better if he had clear reads, good concepts, and confidence in his WRs. 

Forte should make things a lot easier for whomever the QB is. 

6 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I think it's a combination of Marshall, Decker, and Gailey, along with a QB that makes good pre snap reads. 

I think you're right. I think Hack would look much better if he had clear reads, good concepts, and confidence in his WRs. 

Exactly Gailey knows his business and what he's working with 1 of the better Offensive Coordinators in the league add Forte to the mix along with other pieces of the offense maybe a viable TE and any 1 of the 3 QBs can do just fine. 

27 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Agreed...plus add in a healthy Powell and if Amaro can stay healthy and catch the ball that's an ideal situation for a QB to be at least average...you know, like Fitz was last year

27 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Agreed...plus add in a healthy Powell and if Amaro can stay healthy and catch the ball that's an ideal situation for a QB to be at least average...you know, like Fitz was last year

Agree forgot about Powell for that post a key part of the offense as well. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We lost a lot of games with Powell out last year, including the finale, Look it up. It sealed Ivorys fate.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Having a tough time trying to figure out the offensive formations and personnel packages. 

Nice problem to have but what do you think our basic personnel grouping will be? 

Decker/Marshall/Thompkins/Amaro

Geno/Forte

How do you split carries Forte/Powell And Robinson?

How does Enunwa fit? And when Smith returns around game 4? Great depth in backfield and ok @ WR.

Archived