Why do our coaches talk too much?

Jetster

I'm not going to put Bowles on the same level as Rex, Todds actually a quiet well spoken individual. My question for him though is why comment on Fitz at all? Why did Bowles feel the need to LONG AGO while he wasn't even under contract to name him the STARTER for 2016?

Could you see Bill Belichick naming guys STARTERS that aren't even under contract? Would never happen. Oh well, the horse is out of the gate but can our coaches ever keep anything to themselves regarding what they speak about behind the walls of Floram Park?

Bowles needs to step it up this year. That defensive game plan he had in Houston pissed me off (we let the only guy that could beat us..beat us), and then in a must win in Buffalo he came up short again with Watkins. (We're paying Revis 16 million) but he's not the Revis of old, locking down the top 10 receivers in this league by himself. Hopefully Bowles recognizes that this year. Took him too long to recognize Cromarty sucked last year & he kept trotting him out there. NY Jets seem to always have coaches learning how to be head coaches on the fans time. It's like, well there's another wasted season on the learning how to head coach process.

Because he was a rookie Head Coach just a year ago and it took time for him to understand how to fully get around NY idiotic media. People say things and they make mistakes.. yes even Bowles. The fact that he approached it differently after saying Fitz would be the starter a few month shows growth. That's the simplest answer I know. Give him a break. You can tell when someone accidentally handles a conversation wrong and when they just want to stir up headlines and be the guy to talk about.(example, Rex) how do you even know how long it took for him to realize these things throughout the season though? What if he did and wanted to give Cro a few more chances to prove himself. you can't use those things against him if you don't factually know if he missed it at the time or not. And what the hell do you expect? We have had more rookie head coaches than I can count... but that doesn't take away the fact the man is in his second year and growing. It's something that has to happen and either you deal with it has a fan or you go like another teams head coach lol.

LOL, Tom Brady has not signed his latest deal so we have declared Garapollo as the new starter.

Now what are you beefing about exactly becasue you start by saying they talk too much, which they don't and then you beef about the game plan which is valid.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

LOL, Tom Brady has not signed his latest deal so we have declared Garapollo as the new starter.

Now what are you beefing about exactly becasue you start by saying they talk too much, which they don't and then you beef about the game plan which is valid.

Tom Brady has always been under contract.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It's part of their job.

The real question should be "why do our fans wet themselves over every single ******* soundbyte?"

Because you have to be careful what you say! Rex use to tell anyone who would listen that his players were the BEST EVER. What exactly did Ryan Fitzpatrick do that someone like Josh McCown had also done when he went on a tear after Cutler went down? Same type of scenario & since then McCown has been in 2 more places (Tampa & Cleveland). I think trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice with Fitz is a mistake the Jets will regret. He has the journeyman tag for a reason. 

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Tom Brady has always been under contract.

That is really skirting the issue of the thing you said.  If Brady was unsigned Bellichik would not say, Garapollo is the starter!  We know that is bs.  Whether Bowles is honest or not we all know that the second fitz signs he is the starter.  You would prefer the coach to bullsh*t for no good reason.

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm not going to put Bowles on the same level as Rex, Todds actually a quiet well spoken individual. My question for him though is why comment on Fitz at all? Why did Bowles feel the need to LONG AGO while he wasn't even under contract to name him the STARTER for 2016?

Could you see Bill Belichick naming guys STARTERS that aren't even under contract? Would never happen. Oh well, the horse is out of the gate but can our coaches ever keep anything to themselves regarding what they speak about behind the walls of Floram Park?

Bowles needs to step it up this year. That defensive game plan he had in Houston pissed me off (we let the only guy that could beat us..beat us), and then in a must win in Buffalo he came up short again with Watkins. (We're paying Revis 16 million) but he's not the Revis of old, locking down the top 10 receivers in this league by himself. Hopefully Bowles recognizes that this year. Took him too long to recognize Cromarty sucked last year & he kept trotting him out there. NY Jets seem to always have coaches learning how to be head coaches on the fans time. It's like, well there's another wasted season on the learning how to head coach process.

It's not like he declared us "winners of the offseason".

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If only it was Tom Brady. One has a hand full of rings while the only ring the other has is a wedding ring and zero playoff appearances, all pros, pro bowls or MVPs. There's a slight difference

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

Are you kidding me? Seriously this is why people make fun of Jets fans.

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

My belief and I have long felt this is that Bowles wants Fitz WAY WAY more than Gailey and Mac, and Mac is doing what he can to get Fitz for Bowles under certain criteria. I think we are already seeing softening on that from Bowles. He just strikes me as the defensive minded coach that is really comfortable with a veteran he feels wont lose him games and does not want to develop a QB. He has experience with that in his background so it is not surprising. I think Gailey from everything he has said, is OK with Fitz but actually prefers Geno. He has flat said so a couple times. Because of this dynamic I do not see Mac moving on the contract. It wouldn;t surprise me to wake up to a Fitz signed thread and it would not surprise me to see Fitz not sign and then sign with a team once there is an injury. Long term the Jets are better off without him. If he does sign, he is going to tank the first 6 games in an epic way. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Nah, Jets fans already have that covered.

Patriot fans wish they could brag about a good offseason. There's no doubt there has been a steady decline in the Patriots roster since the super bowl win. Once they fall off the cliff all together it will be us that trolls you every waking moment. We look forward to it.?

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

My belief and I have long felt this is that Bowles wants Fitz WAY WAY more than Gailey and Mac, and Mac is doing what he can to get Fitz for Bowles under certain criteria. I think we are already seeing softening on that from Bowles. He just strikes me as the defensive minded coach that is really comfortable with a veteran he feels wont lose him games and does not want to develop a QB. He has experience with that in his background so it is not surprising. I think Gailey from everything he has said, is OK with Fitz but actually prefers Geno. He has flat said so a couple times. Because of this dynamic I do not see Mac moving on the contract. It wouldn;t surprise me to wake up to a Fitz signed thread and it would not surprise me to see Fitz not sign and then sign with a team once there is an injury. Long term the Jets are better off without him. If he does sign, he is going to tank the first 6 games in an epic way. 

Great post.  I agree completely with what you're saying...I hadn't really thought about it this way, but it does make complete sense when you lay it out like this.

IMO - Describes the situation better than anything I've read to-date.

Patriot fans wish they could brag about a good offseason. There's no doubt there has been a steady decline in the Patriots roster since the super bowl win. Once they fall off the cliff all together it will be us that trolls you every waking moment. We look forward to it.

Jets fans have been saying this same crap for the last 15 years.

How has that worked out?

Bowles doesn't talk too much. One of the great problems with the Jets is that their PR staff is as dumb as any in sports, so the forward presentation of the franchise is that of a clown college. If they had one capable human who could help the faces of the organization navigate the New York media, they wouldn't look nearly as stupid. but, alas 

Archived