Jump to content

Who is going to be our #3 WR ? ? ?


kelly
 Share

Recommended Posts

~ ~  Who is going to be our #3 WR since we cut Kerley? Owusu, Peake, etc ?

 

HUGHES : Chris Owusu isn’t with the Jets anymore and remains unsigned. That’s for the best, too. As much talent and promise as Owusu showed, his long-term health needs to be his primary concern. With the number of concussions he’s suffered in his career, it’s just not worth continuing to play.Now, that doesn’t mean Owusu is hanging up the cleats. I talked to him in the locker room last December, and he said he wanted to continue to play. But the fact he’s still unsigned shows 32 NFL teams have their concerns.

As for your direct question — after OTAs and minicamp, Quincy Enunwa was the guy getting the bulk of the looks as the Jets’ third receiver. I think that will continue into the regular season with Devin Smith being an X-Factor.Before his injury, the Jets three-wide sets featured Smith and Brandon Marshall outside, then Eric Decker in the slot. Smith hasn’t done any form of football activity since last December though, which has opened the door for Enunwa.

We’ll see how it plays out. But right now, Quincy is New York’s No. 3.

rest of above article :

>  http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/03/mailbag-who-will-lead-jets-in-sacks-can-fitzpatrick-replicate-2015-success/

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll probably be a 3a, 3b thing.  With Q and Devin.

Devin is at a huge disadvantage while Fitz is QBing with his peashooter of an arm.  He does have to expand his game beyond the deep ball, but his main asset is speed.  While Enunwa's is strength.  Fitz is never gonna be a fast WR's friend.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Similar to Fitzpatrick did 3 times in a row vs Buffalo in the final game of the 2015 season. 

And the fact that the D couldn't stop Sammy Watkins at all and they got us in a big hole is still why we lost the game. 

Fitz was bad.  However he's been good a lot too.  Geno Smith hasn't experienced the latter. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aec4 said:

And the fact that the D couldn't stop Sammy Watkins at all and they got us in a big hole is still why we lost the game. 

Fitz was bad.  However he's been good a lot too.  Geno Smith hasn't experienced the latter. 

Agree to disagree he's been good against bad teams. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree he's been good against bad teams. 

Pats suck I guess.   

Even if your statement is true, it's better he's good against bad teams instead of not being good at all (aka Smith)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Pats suck I guess.   

Even if your statement is true, it's better he's good against bad teams instead of not being good at all (aka Smith)

Patriots werent a very good football team last season the AFC was there for the taking and if we made the playoffs we would have beat them up in Foxboro.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Patriots werent a very good football team last season ...

Especially during the last 6 games.  They went 2-4.  Injuries killed 'em.

Everyone loves Gronk, but short of Brady, no player is more important to that team than Edelman.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Similar to Fitzpatrick did 3 times in a row vs Buffalo in the final game of the 2015 season. 

Speaking of bad games against Buffalo...........................

 

Did Jets' Geno Smith Have The Worst Game In NFL History?

 

 

As a lifelong football fan, I have seen many masterful single-game performances from top-notch quarterbacks. I remember watching Brett Favre carve up the Oakland Raiders on Monday night in his first game since his father's passing in 2003. I remember Steve Young throwing for a Super Bowl-record six touchdowns in January of 1995. Even this past weekend saw Pittsburgh Steelers' QB Ben Roethlisberger enjoy a game for the ages as he completed 40 of 49 passes for an astounding 522 yards and six touchdowns.

 

 

bigbenbumblebee

 

 

 

On the flip side, I have also seen some of the most dreadful single-game performances from the NFL's worst quarterbacks of all-time. From Dave Brown and Heath Shuler to Akili Smith andJaMarcus Russell, these horrendous passers set the gold standard for NFL ineptitude....that is untilGeno Smith rolled into town for the New York Jets.

 

In New York's Week 8 match-up against Buffalo, Geno Smith's game lasted four possessions before he was benched. Smith's final stat line included two completions on eight pass attempts for a measly five yards and three interceptions. Geno Smith's performance was so embarrassing, a six-second vine clip of his entire first quarter struggles had surfaced on social media before the Jets game even ended.

 

 

A performance this hideous got me thinking, was this the worst game an NFL quarterback has ever had? Remarkably, the answer is no. For my money, the worst performance in NFL history for a starting quarterback still belongs to the infamous Ryan Leaf of the San Diego Chargers. In Week 3 of the 1998 season against Kansas City, Leaf completed just 1 of 15 passes for four yards and committed five turnovers. After the game, Leaf capped off his embarrassing performance by yelling at a reporter in the locker room.

 

 

 

 

When comparing these two dreadful games side by side, Leaf committed more turnovers, had a worse completion percentage, and threw for less yards. However, Smith was pulled in the first quarter while Leaf actually completed the game. Had Smith been allowed to continue, who knows how many more mistakes would have happened. In conclusion, I feel as though Geno Smith was on a record setting pace for NFL quarterbacking futility, but the Jets coaching staff prevented it from happening by taking him out of the game. Needless to say, both the Jets and Chargers lost these games.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

In terms of # of PLAYS on the field I believe either Amaro/Enunwa will be the tertiary target as the mobile H-Back. 

But the player to put up the best #s as a WR in terms of production (supposedly behind Marshall & Decker) will be  . . . . . 

Jalin Marshall - 5'10" 200 lbs. WR Rookie Ohio State. His quickness & shiftiness is the type of player we still lack on this roster and haven't had since a 2011 Jeremy Kerley, 2006 Leon Washington, or 1998 Wayne Chrebet. 

I like Quincy but he'll most likely be utilized as a crack-down blocker with few, but crucial, receptions and offers rare YAC. Amaro is a TE who hasn't touched the field in OVER a year and will be RUSTY. Devin Smith's greatest asset is worthless if Fitzy returns or if Geno still can't make a 2nd progression read. In addition, in the Urban Jungle, OSU has prepared its players to know what to expect in the Pros; Mashall should be fine and shine in TC

 

Jalin Marshall is my darkhorse for surprise out of TC and the WR that will put up the 3rd best #s behind DeckMarsh to thus be, the #3 WR. 

 

I like the Quincy/Devin debate but agree with your sleeper choice.  He earned some good props since he came here.  Hope he stays true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Speaking of bad games against Buffalo...........................

 

Did Jets' Geno Smith Have The Worst Game In NFL History?

 

 

As a lifelong football fan, I have seen many masterful single-game performances from top-notch quarterbacks. I remember watching Brett Favre carve up the Oakland Raiders on Monday night in his first game since his father's passing in 2003. I remember Steve Young throwing for a Super Bowl-record six touchdowns in January of 1995. Even this past weekend saw Pittsburgh Steelers' QB Ben Roethlisberger enjoy a game for the ages as he completed 40 of 49 passes for an astounding 522 yards and six touchdowns.

 

 

bigbenbumblebee

 

 

 

On the flip side, I have also seen some of the most dreadful single-game performances from the NFL's worst quarterbacks of all-time. From Dave Brown and Heath Shuler to Akili Smith andJaMarcus Russell, these horrendous passers set the gold standard for NFL ineptitude....that is untilGeno Smith rolled into town for the New York Jets.

 

In New York's Week 8 match-up against Buffalo, Geno Smith's game lasted four possessions before he was benched. Smith's final stat line included two completions on eight pass attempts for a measly five yards and three interceptions. Geno Smith's performance was so embarrassing, a six-second vine clip of his entire first quarter struggles had surfaced on social media before the Jets game even ended.

 

 

A performance this hideous got me thinking, was this the worst game an NFL quarterback has ever had? Remarkably, the answer is no. For my money, the worst performance in NFL history for a starting quarterback still belongs to the infamous Ryan Leaf of the San Diego Chargers. In Week 3 of the 1998 season against Kansas City, Leaf completed just 1 of 15 passes for four yards and committed five turnovers. After the game, Leaf capped off his embarrassing performance by yelling at a reporter in the locker room.

 

 

 

 

When comparing these two dreadful games side by side, Leaf committed more turnovers, had a worse completion percentage, and threw for less yards. However, Smith was pulled in the first quarter while Leaf actually completed the game. Had Smith been allowed to continue, who knows how many more mistakes would have happened. In conclusion, I feel as though Geno Smith was on a record setting pace for NFL quarterbacking futility, but the Jets coaching staff prevented it from happening by taking him out of the game. Needless to say, both the Jets and Chargers lost these games.

0671dbb93bc6b999d3b14ba63b0e89dc.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Amaro back in the picture, I think it changes up the dynamics of the receiving corps. If you were to throw out Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, and Amaro, where is the speed? That's just four big bodied possession receivers. I think adding a Devin Smith (when healthy), or a Charone Peake could be an interesting dynamic to the mix. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

 

Everyone loves Gronk, but short of Brady, no player is more important to that team than Edelman.

Lol ... Bro ... Save the crazy talk for the QB threads!

 

you go to the Texans site & tell them everybody loves DeAndre Hopkins, but short of JJ Watt, no player is more important to that team than Cecil Shorts ?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...