Jetscode1

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know what's odd?

Are we limited to just one thing?

Jets fans can find the most ridiculous articles...

THey don't really have to look far.  They're in the papers and all.

...on our backup qb as well as our previous qb in Sanchez

Sanchez?  On, right, Denver's #3 QB, the old #2/#3 in Phili.  Forgot all about that guy.

You know what I don't see? Stats exposing the shortcomings of our starting qb. 

What's to expose, the guys a vaguely average veteran JAG.  

Don't need to use linear regression, hypergeometric probability distributions or t-sheets to figure that out.

Do you know if Geno had the exact same year....

He didn't, you know.  Have the same year.  He was the #3.  

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....

.....not only would people NOT be ignoring or giving excuses to Geno's week 17 meltdown

You know what we'd say before we said it, and in a hypothetical no less.  I seem to recall you having a rather specific view on hypotheticals....

Be assured, if Geno Smith had a record of 10-6, for close to 4,000 yards, and 31 TD's to 15 INT's, leading and carrying himself exactly as Fitz did.....the only thing I would say is "how do we resign him".

But he didn't.  

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.....

But since this isn't about Geno

It isn't?

Coulda fooled me.

....let me talk some facts now. Can you guess who lead the league in 4th quarter interceptions last season?

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Geno and half of his picks were all in the 4th quarter. You just can't make this stuff up.

What's so crazy about it, I have not seen this stat anywhere on this site.

Presume you mean Fitz.  Ok, source?

If it was Geno it would have been up months ago right next to the petition thread on how we need to get this guy kicked off the team because he cost us a playoffs spot. 

I thought this wasn't about Geno.  So confusing.....

Ignorance is bliss indeed. 

As @Warfish would say, that's advanced stats. 

Ah, our beloved 'advanced stats".  Still avoiding Geno's 5 "advanced stat" INT's this preseason I see.  Shame, a little intellectual consistency goes a long way when you're trying to call out intellectual inconsistency straw men in other.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Woulda...

Coulda...

Shoulda.......

No worries, we'll sign Glennon next offseason, NFL record contract, Super Bowls are inbound!

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sanchez?  On, right, Denver's #3 QB, the old #2/#3 in Phili.  Forgot all about that guy.

Don't need to use linear regression, hypergeometric probability distributions or t-sheets to figure that out.

You know what we'd say before we said it, and in a hypothetical no less.  I seem to recall you having a rather specific view on hypotheticals....

Be assured, if Geno Smith had a record of 10-6, for close to 4,000 yards, and 31 TD's to 15 INT's, leading and carrying himself exactly as Fitz did.....the only thing I would say is "how do we resign him".

But he didn't.  

It isn't?

Coulda fooled me.

Ah, our beloved 'advanced stats".  Still avoiding Geno's 5 "advanced stat" INT's this preseason I see.  Shame, a little intellectual consistency goes a long way when you're trying to call out intellectual inconsistency straw men in other.

Woulda...

Coulda...

Shoulda.......

No worries, we'll sign Glennon next offseason, NFL record contract, Super Bowls are inbound!

Reason is not allowed in conversations with the Geno's Myhero's 

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Romo hurt Geno watch begins. 

Get this done Friday, Macca, this way Petty gets plenty of reps on Saturday.

SAR I

I was about to say something sarcastic but then I remembered that Jerry Jones is the same guy that got rid of Jimmy Johnson and gave up a 3rd for Drew Henson.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

But he didn't.  

It isn't?

Coulda fooled me.

Woulda...

Coulda...

Shoulda.......

Lol

13 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can't argue by yourself. Most ints in the 4th quarter in the league and #2 in the league throwing the most ints in the 2nd half of games. 

WITH weaponzzzzz and was brought in by this regime. What's the excuse? Oh, there is none because it's not even talked about. Too busy looking up the daily Geno articles from the media on any given day while the only thing spoken on about our actual starter is his beard and if he shampooed it before cutting it off

Did he shampoo it before cutting it? If so, why?

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Did he shampoo it before cutting it? If so, why?

Leave it up to the media and it'll look like this is the only thing Jets fans want to know. 

Im more interested in knowing why havent our 1st string offense looked competent during the preseason. Outside of a couple Enuwna passes things are looking pretty suspect. 

I would have thought that was more important than 1 year anniversary's in order to maintain an irrelevant story. 

Does Geno answer the bell on Saturday?

Saturday night could very well be the most important moment of his career. I want to see him smooth and relaxed and aggressive.

Based on my feelings about him as a professional QB, I anticipate he'll press and throw to his first option or try and complete to his last-option RB in the flats. I believe he'll do poorly and have a half-mope look on his face as he contemplates his future on the sideline.

Then, I hope Petty comes out relaxed, vocal, and slinging it with swagger. 

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Leave it up to the media and it'll look like this is the only thing Jets fans want to know. 

Im more interested in knowing why havent our 1st string offense looked competent during the preseason. Outside of a couple Enuwna passes things are looking pretty suspect. 

I would have thought that was more important than 1 year anniversary's in order to maintain an irrelevant story. 

Yes, I agree, the offense hasn't really impressed me. Hopefully, with an improved giants D, and the 3rd preseason game pressure of the "final tune up" for starters, some of my anxiety will be tempered with a positive performance.

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Genius. 

I think I sold him short though, I rushed it and should have started with the 5th rounder and settled at the 6th but I just started with the 7th and of course Philly took it lol

also Petty lit up the preseason for me in my season :D

additonal madden musings; Put Hackenberg in during the 4th preaseason game at the half and his first nfl snap drop back, sack > injured...

LMAO

It wasn't a serious injury though

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I think I sold him short though, I rushed it and should have started with the 5th rounder and settled at the 6th but I just started with the 7th and of course Philly took it lol

additonal madden musings; Put Hackenberg in during the 4th preaseason game at the half and his first nfl snap drop back, sack > injured...

LMAO

I'm 45.

i miss my Madden days. 

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Geno Smith will only be the answer to the trivia question:

"Which New York Jets quarterback threw 3 interceptions in one quarter?" 

Omg...my traditional Sunday sauce was in front me and I had yet to take a bite.

oh god ..as jets fans, we've experienced waaay too many games that were over before they even began.

Please, Mac, Bowles, and players...let me enjoy my Sunday sauce this year!!!

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was about to say something sarcastic but then I remembered that Jerry Jones is the same guy that got rid of Jimmy Johnson and gave up a 3rd for Drew Henson.

I'll go one better. He fired Tom Landry before he fired Jimmy Johnson. There's hope.

14 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I'll go one better. He fired Tom Landry before he fired Jimmy Johnson. There's hope.

ya Jerry Jones a knucklehead, never did 1 thing with he or his kid as GM. Jimmy was the GM (no matter what Jones TRIES to tell media) who drafted/assembled SB teams. Then he fires JJ and then Switzer won a SB with JJs players in 1st year. Then we have seen rapid decline as Jerry truly is a inept GM. Even parcells thought he was a joke. He fired parcells cause he couldnt handle being told to 'stop being GM' every day by Tuna.

I can almost guarantee you if he thought there was a TINY chance of the media/NFL HQ letting him get away with it, he would make himself Head Coach also. He's mentioned in past, but folks laugh him off.....

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na, I just didnt read your last quote. I didnt realize that you asked. 

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=117

So looking at your link:

Fitz was tied for #1/best QB in the NFL for fewest INT's in the first half in 2015.

Tied for #1/Best QB in NFL at INT's inside his own 20.

Tied for #1/Best QB in NFL at INT's inside the opponents 20.

But he was indeed the tied for worst (with Big Ben) for 4th Quarter INT's.  

Good site, will have to bookmark it for future use.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

LMAO

I'm contemplating buying Madden. I'm looking at a ton of reviews etc. I really wish they'd change the damn game engine already. It's been the same game for like a decade. 

Granted, my last full purchase of a madden game was Madden 13 and I got 15 used. I'm just not impressed with the game. I wish we had some options out there....but "money talks" when dealing with Rodger Goodell. 

I heard the commentary is great though. 

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So looking at your link:

Fitz was tied for #1/best QB in the NFL for fewest INT's in the first half in 2015.

Tied for #1/Best QB in NFL at INT's inside his own 20.

Tied for #1/Best QB in NFL at INT's inside the opponents 20.

But he was indeed the tied for worst (with Big Ben) for 4th Quarter INT's.  

Good site, will have to bookmark it for future use.  Thanks!

True. Goes to show that its not how you start (tied for the fewest INT's in the 1st half in 2015), but how you finish (Tied for the most INT's in the 4th quarter). 

Fitz threw more than half of his INT's (8 of 15) in the 4th quarter. 

No problem. Glad you like the site. Those are the type of "advanced stats" I check out. ;)

Enjoy the season bro. 

59 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

ya Jerry Jones a knucklehead, never did 1 thing with he or his kid as GM. Jimmy was the GM (no matter what Jones TRIES to tell media) who drafted/assembled SB teams. Then he fires JJ and then Switzer won a SB with JJs players in 1st year. Then we have seen rapid decline as Jerry truly is a inept GM. Even parcells thought he was a joke. He fired parcells cause he couldnt handle being told to 'stop being GM' every day by Tuna.

I can almost guarantee you if he thought there was a TINY chance of the media/NFL HQ letting him get away with it, he would make himself Head Coach also. He's mentioned in past, but folks laugh him off.....

For all of Johnnson's faults with our team, we should remember that it could be this much worse. Johnson is seemingly improving as a GM while Jones just keeps getting worse.

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

Omg...my traditional Sunday sauce was in front me and I had yet to take a bite.

oh god ..as jets fans, we've experienced waaay too many games that were over before they even began.

Please, Mac, Bowles, and players...let me enjoy my Sunday sauce this year!!!

To make up for that, so many Geno masochists on this site, would like to give him another chance.

i'm throwing out a hypothetical:  let's say geno is the #2 and petty the #3.  let's say fitz gets hurt, ankle sprain, will miss at least 2 games, maybe more.  so now geno starts and petty is the backup.  now let's say the jets lose the first game geno starts, he has a few good throws but in general does not command the offense well and makes too many of the same mistakes he's typically made.  would bowles actually trot geno out there again, or give petty a shot?  i guess i'm wondering how much tolerance the coaching staff would have for geno if he doesn't play well.

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm throwing out a hypothetical:  let's say geno is the #2 and petty the #3.  let's say fitz gets hurt, ankle sprain, will miss at least 2 games, maybe more.  so now geno starts and petty is the backup.  now let's say the jets lose the first game geno starts, he has a few good throws but in general does not command the offense well and makes too many of the same mistakes he's typically made.  would bowles actually trot geno out there again, or give petty a shot?  i guess i'm wondering how much tolerance the coaching staff would have for geno if he doesn't play well.

Here's the thing - realistically, how much confidence can the CS have in Smith?  They had a chance to go with him as the starter, and instead chose to throw $12 mil at a Qb the Smith Fans say sucks.  My guess is they are praying Fitz stays healthy all season. 

But if he doesn't, does the CS really think Smith can win some real games, games that count?  I find that hard to believe.

14 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Here's the thing - realistically, how much confidence can the CS have in Smith?  They had a chance to go with him as the starter, and instead chose to throw $12 mil at a Qb the Smith Fans say sucks.  My guess is they are praying Fitz stays healthy all season. 

But if he doesn't, does the CS really think Smith can win some real games, games that count?  I find that hard to believe.

well, if he is named the backup, then they at least think he's better than petty.  but geno knows this preseason he is fighting not only for the #2 spot on the jets, but to be viewed differently by the entire nfl.  he hasn't exactly risen to the occasion yet.  

8 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Well until further notice he's slated as the #2. Can't wait to see what happens in the Snoopy Bowl. I hope the Jets show us something. I think the Giants should be a much improved team. Cruz and OBjr, Pierre and Snacks. Although their O-line is suspect. Should be seeing Manning getting up off the turf alot Saturday.

32 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

If they keep Geno, and either go with four QBs or cut Petty, they're committing to him as the primary backup. Wavering between the two ends with the final cut downs. 

Archived