Look who's hanging out together in Chicago

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You sure love oversimplifications.  Since Marshall hasn't made the playoffs he must be worse than guys like Troy Brown and Ted Ginn (2 SB appearances), right? 

Both had kick return duties in addition to WR.  Brown played some CB too.  Bad examples and not really relevant to begin with considering they're not QB's who have never made the playoffs in a 12 year career. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Both had kick return duties in addition to WR.  Brown played some CB too.  Bad examples and not really relevant to begin with considering they're not QB's who have never made the playoffs in a 12 year career. 

Hell, if you want to talk about "multi-purpose" guys.....Fitz is a better runner than Geno.  No QB ran for more first downs/attempt than him last year, not even Russell Wilson topped him in that category.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hell, if you want to talk about "multi-purpose" guys.....Fitz is a better runner than Geno.  No QB ran for more first downs/attempt than him last year, not even Russell Wilson topped him in that category.

Yeah, there are a lot of things to like about him so please explain the hate. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno ran for 34 yards in his only action.  A long of 29 yards.  Longer than any of Fitz's runs.  If you extrapolate that out, he ran for 544 yards which is more than Fitz.  

Geno is basically Michael Vick in his prime whereas Fitz is more like an old John Elway.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Geno ran for 34 yards in his only action.  A long of 29 yards.  Longer than any of Fitz's runs.  If you extrapolate that out, he ran for 544 yards which is more than Fitz.  

Geno is basically Michael Vick in his prime whereas Fitz is more like an old John Elway.

Nothing makes Geno look better than the hypothetical results JN posters give him.  Hall of Fame QB for sure. 

And "old John Elway" won 2 Super Bowls, whereas Michael Vick basically sucked.  Just saying. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm sure you're having a big laugh about that one.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing makes Geno look better than the hypothetical results JN posters give him.  Hall of Fame QB for sure. 

And "old John Elway" won 2 Super Bowls, whereas Michael Vick basically sucked.  Just saying. 

SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he signs before camp starts no one even remembers this. He hasn't missed any time and he's clearly been in contact with the receivers all offseason.

But what if he plays bad?  Sure in camp it'll be a Fitzpatrick love fest but if the team gets off to a bad start and he's part of the reason it could get ugly for him.  At least with Geno no one will have any expectations 

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, there are a lot of things to like about him so please explain the hate. 

I don't perceive there to be true hate for Fitz(JoeWilly12 excluded) . Its just that some fans think we've seen his ceiling and if that wasn't enough to crack the playoffs how's  he going to elevate this year.  The Jets will have a clearly tougher schedule and DC's will have a year of the Jets version of the Gailey offense on film.

Now Geno on the other hand there's tons of downright hate towards him.

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

snicker

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was comparing the skill sets big guy...not the accomplishments.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Marshall and Decker made a "please come back, Fitz" video in the same locker room where Geno was while Fitz was absent.

Decker and Marshall miss camp time together when Geno is trying to make some headway, but it has "nothing to do with Fitz" (wink, wink).

Decker says publicly that Fitz is "the best QB for this team right now"

Marshall is taking pics with Fitz the day before reporting while Fitz is still unsigned.

Plenty of love for Geno on the Internet...not a ton of it from his top two WRs.

Well they should take pay cuts since Fitz wants to be overpaid. They can pay him because the Jets don't seem to want to.

Just now, Maxman said:

Well they should take pay cuts since Fitz wants to be overpaid. They can pay him because the Jets don't seem to want to.

Or they can keep all of their money while Fitz gets as much as he can from the FO.  It's not their job to fit Fitz under the cap, it's Mac's.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Or they can keep all of their money while Fitz gets as much as he can from the FO.  It's not their job to fit Fitz under the cap, it's Mac's.

Mac has offered more money than ANY OTHER TEAM. Mac has the highest offer on the table to Fitz. The Jets should NOT budge. 

You made mention of the Jets top two Wide Receivers wanting him back. So that is why I posted that they should pay him themselves.

If the jets have the top offer on the table, no reason for them to increase it. No matter how many snap stories Marshall posts.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was comparing the skill sets big guy...not the accomplishments.

And did a terrible job at it.  He basically just wanted to compare Geno to a fast black QB, even if it is totally inaccurate (he's not a Vick as a runner, not even close), while simultaneously ripping "old John Elway"'s running skillset, even though he was still a good runner even into his late 30s.  I'll take this kind of running any day:

qxb7G.gif

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Well, shoot.. they seem to want him back so bad, they can take money from their own mouths to sign Fitz. FO has a set value on the guy and they are right to stick with it....now if players want to pay him then that's fine but strictly from the cap space we have now? Fitz dream deal isn't happening and it shouldn't.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And did a terrible job at it.  He basically just wanted to compare Geno to a fast black QB, even if it is totally inaccurate, while simultaneously ripping "old John Elway"'s running skillset, even though he was still a good runner even into his late 30s.  I'll take this kind of running any day:

qxb7G.gif

I don't think he was ripping Elway either. I think he was comparing him to an older player who could still run and get a short first down as to Vick-Geno who can rip a 20-30 yard run.

Just now, Maxman said:

Mac has offered more money than ANY OTHER TEAM. Mac has the highest offer on the table to Fitz. The Jets should NOT budge. 

You made mention of the Jets top two Wide Receivers wanting him back. So that is why I posted that they should pay him themselves.

If the jets have the top offer on the table, no reason for them to increase it. No matter how many snap stories Marshall posts.

What's Fitz's motivation to take the deal now?  He knows the Jets only other option is Geno, so he's working from a position of strength as he's already been named the starter.  

Sure, Fitz could've signed by now, but he hasn't.  I don't know why, and I do wish he had, but all that matters to me is that he's there to compete when the bullets start flying.

He'll sign the deal when he's ready.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brandon Marshall is a QB slut.  Whoever is throwing him lots of passes lately is "his boy".  Whore.

And what, do you really think Geno would snap that no playoff streak for Marshall?  Fitzy is his best shot.  Just let it happen.  Maybe in 2017 Marshall will be whoring himself to Hackenberg or Petty.

That "best shot" statement is pure opinion. Fitz had a legit shot last season. One of the best Jets teams talent wise especially on offense, one of the easiest schedules in my 20 years of following the team, the qb considered the "best shot" has never done it himself while having 10 consecutive cracks at it...

C'mon. 

13 minutes ago, mkajet01 said:

What are you a, stalker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lol this is an article and the pic was posted by Brandon Marshall.....what do you think the OP did? Tracked them down in Chicago, climbed 40 stories high to get the snap shot?

Fitz probably takes the money right before the jets pull their offer. He has nothing to lose by waiting it out at this point in hopes we pay him more. I don't see him ending his career though after the season he had last year it was probably the first time he felt like a real NFL qb

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

What's Fitz's motivation to take the deal now?  He knows the Jets only other option is Geno, so he's working from a position of strength as he's already been named the starter.  

Sure, Fitz could've signed by now, but he hasn't.  I don't know why, and I do wish he had, but all that matters to me is that he's there to compete when the bullets start flying.

He'll sign the deal when he's ready.

If it is still on the table "when he is ready".

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

If it is still on the table "when he is ready".

Kinda goes without saying...if he screws this up, he'll never live it down.  Unless the Broncos some injuries and he goes there to win a ring.

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Kinda goes without saying...if he screws this up, he'll never live it down.  Unless the Broncos some injuries and he goes there to win a ring.

Yeah okay Lol. Good luck with that one. 

Archived