T0mShane Answers Your Questions On The Jets...

Maxman

9 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ahem

Sorry I missed this. The precautions are always the same: Find all of those relatives on Facebook who moved to Florida three years ago and "like" every one of their posts mocking people whom they "can't believe still live in the Northeast." Pay special attention to the pics of them on a beach with a caption saying "OMG this is December! How's it going in Jersey lol"

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  Steeler fans: All bark, or all bite?

2.  Is Gap For Kids a good place to buy Yankee paraphernalia?

3.  Do you consider being Eskimo Brothers with Cimini a brush with celebrity?

4.  Bigger disappointment: Cutthroat Island, or passing on Top Gun?

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My turn:

I want anyone reading this to offer their:

1. Confidence level with Bowles' ability to lead this team to a Super Bowl, on a scale of 1-10 (with ten being "very confident."

2. The one current Jet and one celebrity you'd want in your ten-person post-apocalyptic zombie survival squad.

3. Your Myers Briggs result.

4. Your life philosophy, in six words or less.

5. A short essay detailing why you continue to support the sh*t-eating Jets.

1. Anywhere from 2-8, depending upon the QB.

2. Mangold, because you need a mauler who can take on a horde by himself in a heaping mass of death while you get away... Plus he'd be cool to have around until that moment. John Goodman, again fun to have around, and guarantees there is at least 1 person slower than Mangold and me.

3. Been a long time since I've done it. Empathy and introvert were part of my result. Can't remember the rest.

4. GFY

5. New Yorker-itis + an affinity for rooting on underdogs, and taking the hard road.

35 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

1.  Steeler fans: All bark, or all bite?

2.  Is Gap For Kids a good place to buy Yankee paraphernalia?

3.  Do you consider being Eskimo Brothers with Cimini a brush with celebrity?

4.  Bigger disappointment: Cutthroat Island, or passing on Top Gun?

1. The fact that @faba has allowed this urban legend to exist for this long without correction or comment speaks to how devious and malicious he is in the inside. I was watching Narcos the other night and it struck me, the parallels between him and Pablo Escobar. Has he commented in the mod lounge about his endgame in all this?

2. When you want to emphasize your deltoids, there is no other option than to buy all your Derek Jeter shirts in 5T.

3. No lie: I dated a girl recently who once hooked up with Matt Dillon, so my brief Rich Cimini bone-by-proxy pales in comparison. My penis effectively crossed paths with Matt ******* Dillon.

4. Cutthroat Island paid for a lovely split ranch in Majorca, so even though it was a critical disaster, I can't be too mad about it. As for Top Gun, looking back, I just wasn't as comfortable with the whole concept of American exceptionalism then--the jingoism, if you will-- and flying around in a giant phallus shooting at Russians was anathema to what was really my overly-liberal One World philosophy. This was the Reagan Era, you'll remember. Everyone was a swinging dick. Looking back, though, I'm like, yeah, **** Russia. I could have been a monster player. But, you know, youth. I'm glad for Tom Cruise. He's an earnest guy and he deserves all the success he gleaned from doing TG, though it's not surprising to watch him these days struggle to retroactively find a belief system to which he can anchor himself. 

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

1. Anywhere from 2-8, depending upon the QB.

2. Mangold, because you need a mauler who can take on a horde by himself in a heaping mass of death while you get away... Plus he'd be cool to have around until that moment. John Goodman, again fun to have around, and guarantees there is at least 1 person slower than Mangold and me.

3. Been a long time since I've done it. Empathy and introvert were part of my result. Can't remember the rest.

4. GFY

5. New Yorker-itis + an affinity for rooting on underdogs, and taking the hard road.

Having two fat ****s in your Zombia Apocalyose crew is absurd, my friend.

My turn:

1. Confidence level with Bowles' ability to lead this team to a Super Bowl, on a scale of 1-10 (with ten being "very confident."

2. The one current Jet and one celebrity you'd want in your ten-person post-apocalyptic zombie survival squad.

8 if we ever get a qb

leonard williams; do instagram models count

isfp

is what it is

**** you thats why

My turn:

1. 8

2. Leo and Tommy Lee

3. ESTJ ?

4. And so it goes....

5. As I have gotten older I enjoy the ritual more than the results.  When I was a teenager it took me days to get over a loss, now I just give a sardonic chuckle and move on with my life. I love everything about gameday from coming here and posting videos in the game thread to getting the food, getting chores done before the game starts, the whole thing. 

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. The fact that @faba has allowed this urban legend to exist for this long without correction or comment speaks to how devious and malicious he is in the inside. I was watching Narcos the other night and it struck me, the parallels between him and Pablo Escobar. Has he commented in the mod lounge about his endgame in all this?

2. When you want to emphasize your deltoids, there is no other option than to buy all your Derek Jeter shirts in 5T.

3. No lie: I dated a girl recently who once hooked up with Matt Dillon, so my brief Rich Cimini bone-by-proxy pales in comparison. My penis effectively crossed paths with Matt ******* Dillon.

4. Cutthroat Island paid for a lovely split ranch in Majorca, so even though it was a critical disaster, I can't be too mad about it. As for Top Gun, looking back, I just wasn't as comfortable with the whole concept of American exceptionalism then--the jingoism, if you will-- and flying around in a giant phallus shooting at Russians was anathema to what was really my overly-liberal One World philosophy. This was the Reagan Era, you'll remember. Everyone was a swinging dick. Looking back, though, I'm like, yeah, **** Russia. I could have been a monster player. But, you know, youth. I'm glad for Tom Cruise. He's an earnest guy and he deserves all the success he gleaned from doing TG, though it's not surprising to watch him these days struggle to retroactively find a belief system to which he can anchor himself. 

All I got out of this is that you think you have deltoids. 

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Having two fat ****s in your Zombia Apocalyose crew is absurd, my friend.

Technically, it would be three. Logic tells me that being 3rd to die, is better than first or second.

I'm just playing to the easy wisecrack though. I've got an over-protective, keep every one safe and organized type of personality. I'd probably take Mauldin, he's able to survive anything, and probably Estelle Getty because I love well-timed one-liners from unlikely archetypes. Plus, she's dead already.

21 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Leasing is more expensive in most cases but there are variables that prevent a blanket statement.

Definitely.

I am a perpetual leaser, I always have a lease payment around $700 or so, and that works out to more money than someone who purchases the same car and either sells it after 3 years or keeps it for 6 or more years.  The old stigma from the 1980's that leasing gets someone into a car they can't afford is flipped now, it's the person who buys the car and sells it quickly or keeps it forever that's trying to game the system.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Definitely.

I am a perpetual leaser, I always have a lease payment around $700 or so, and that works out to more money than someone who purchases the same car and either sells it after 3 years or keeps it for 6 or more years.  The old stigma from the 1980's that leasing gets someone into a car they can't afford is flipped now, it's the person who buys the car and sells it quickly or keeps it forever that's trying to game the system.

SAR I

The 1980's is when your beamer is from, correct? Please confirm.

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Definitely.

SAR I

Not disagreeing...

While you personally can negotiate the best terms for your lease because (I assume) you are business savvy, some people ( I know, probably a commoner leasing a Kia) get hosed on the terms and then go over the miles and have to pay up at the end.

Leasing makes more ense if you dont mind the lifetime of monthly payments. Its also great never having to worry about repairs and I think leasing is better vs purchasing  tax wise for someone who can use their car costs as a deduction.

Archived