New Releases

choon328

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Yeah, but look what Mac and his scouts are doing in 2 short years. We're lamenting the loss of so many promising rookies2nd year guys and UDFA. We're also happy that some of those same rookies/2nd year guys and UDFA  are making the squad. Arrow pointing up.

I'm a tad worried about the 2016 draft class.  Our best guys may be from the 7th round on.  Lach, Peake, Anderson could stick around longer than Hack and Shell, hope they're all great of course, we'll see. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

I'd lean towards the scouting department. They had sucked pretty badly after a couple of nice drafts back a decade ago. 

The scouting department was bad, but isn't that also the fault of the GM? 

He was just horrible all the way around. Should have fired the scouting department and got an ESPN insider subscription. 

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Frigging jerkoff set this franchise back 3 years. Always hated how the sunshine gang painted him as some sort of sage, methodical Seattle savior. "In Idzik we trust." Pffffft, should terminate their accounts.

<chuckles> at sunshine gang

34 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He was just horrible all the way around. Should have fired the scouting department and got an ESPN insider subscription. 

At the end of the day, the blame would go on the owner since he picks the GM. 

GM hired the scouts but if I remember correctly, wasn't it still run by Broadway? If so, that department definitely needs to take the blame. 

Having said that, Idzik was still terrible. Just a plain tool that thought he could manipulate the way NFL works. 

Darn it! Why would you go to a team with ZERO chance of making the playoffs?

Was it the money or the chance to shove in GB face 2x/yr? He'll be very disappointed if it's the latter.

Report: Josh Sitton signs with Bears

CHICAGO, IL - SEPTEMBER 13:  Will Sutton #93 of the Chicago Bears rushes against Josh Sitton #71 of the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field on September 13, 2015 in Chicago, Illinois. The Packers defeated the Bears 31-23.  (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)Getty Images

He has left Green Bay, but he’s not leaving the NFC North.

Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton has signed a three-year deal with the Bears, according to Alex Marvez ofSporting News.

Sitton became a surprise cut on Saturday by the Packers, who reportedly were trying to trade him not long before the deadline for getting the roster to 53 players. He reportedly was released because he wasn’t happy with the team’s decision to extend a contract that was due to expire after the coming season.

In Chicago, Sitton will likely become the starting left guard, supplanting second-round rookie Cody Whitehair.

38 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Darn it! Why would you go to a team with ZERO chance of making the playoffs?

Was it the money or the chance to shove in GB face 2x/yr? He'll be very disappointed if it's the latter.

Report: Josh Sitton signs with Bears

CHICAGO, IL - SEPTEMBER 13:  Will Sutton #93 of the Chicago Bears rushes against Josh Sitton #71 of the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field on September 13, 2015 in Chicago, Illinois. The Packers defeated the Bears 31-23.  (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)Getty Images

He has left Green Bay, but he’s not leaving the NFC North.

Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton has signed a three-year deal with the Bears, according to Alex Marvez ofSporting News.

Sitton became a surprise cut on Saturday by the Packers, who reportedly were trying to trade him not long before the deadline for getting the roster to 53 players. He reportedly was released because he wasn’t happy with the team’s decision to extend a contract that was due to expire after the coming season.

In Chicago, Sitton will likely become the starting left guard, supplanting second-round rookie Cody Whitehair.

7 mil per year for an over age LG that doesn't really fit our scheme. 

I'd rather have Jahri Evans...not that we can afford him either. 

Bears released K Robbie Gould.

Gould had been the Bears' kicker since 2005, converting 276-of-323 (85.4%) attempts in 11 seasons. He was also effective last season, pushing through 7-of-9 from 50-plus yards and 28-of-29 extra points, but he had a rocky camp and preseason. Chicago does not have another kicker on the roster, so they will be making a corresponding move in the near future.

Sep 4 - 9:16 PM

9 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He didn't know enough to fire them.  While he didn't know the answers, worse yet was that he didn't know the right questions to ask.

7 mil per year for an over age LG that doesn't really fit our scheme. 

I'd rather have Jahri Evans...not that we can afford him either. 

In NFL you can afford anyone you want if mean fitting them under the cap. Question is is a guy worth shifting pain to future years, or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So 4 Tight Ends on the roster?!

4 TEs and 3 safeties.  We have as many TEs/FBs as we do corners.  I had a hard time believing we'd have more one, let alone 2 TEs.  Not sure what the plan is going forward, we'll probably know more next Monday when Richardson is back.

8 minutes ago, Pcola said:

4 TEs and 3 safeties.  We have as many TEs/FBs as we do corners.  I had a hard time believing we'd have more one, let alone 2 TEs.  Not sure what the plan is going forward, we'll probably know more next Monday when Richardson is back.

Bowles says they probably won't keep all 4 Tight Ends for too long. #NYJ

21 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Frigging jerkoff set this franchise back 3 years. Always hated how the sunshine gang painted him as some sort of sage, methodical Seattle savior. "In Idzik we trust." Pffffft, should terminate their accounts.

The irony is that the plan (build through draft) was sound, but not if you're a bad drafter. To have 12 picks and not trade up to get talent and then blow the picks is inexcusable.

44 minutes ago, SMC said:

The irony is that the plan (build through draft) was sound, but not if you're a bad drafter. To have 12 picks and not trade up to get talent and then blow the picks is inexcusable.

I said it already,  I could have picked 12 players from a Street & Smith's or Athlons publication and done at least as well if not better than that draft. 

Let's also remember, as bad as Idzik was, the scouting department with Bradway was awful. Thank got we're past that. 

Archived