Just One Stop!....please

Green DNA

For all of the arguing over what cost the Jets the game: Folk's noodle leg, Fitz's noodle arm, Marshall's butterfingers, lousy playcalling in the red zone and the general sucktitude of the  secondary, the fact remains that the Jets had the lead with three minutes to go and just needed one stop by the defense.  As we saw throughout the Rex era and now with Bowles' D, we cannot finish, we cannot close a game out.  One stop and we win the game despite all of the other crap.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Bottom line for me G-DNA is I'm just not that impressed with another hire of another never-been-before-defensive-side-of the-ball-head coach for the New York Jets. You know you get sick of hearing phrases like "Same Old Jets" but it's true, this owner continues to keep on doing the same thing and expecting different results, and we all know what that is. So in essence what we are left with (again) is another guy in over his head (again) IOW Herman Edwards 2.0. Sperm Edwards might just as well switch heads from Herm to this guy and stick the dunce cap on his head. Nothing changes if nothing is changed.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Our front 4 could be great adding in Sheldon Richardson

I agree. I thought Thomas played great yesterday too. Which means they even have an effective reserve. I am waiting to hear what the blitz percentage was yesterday - but I am going to say it was very low. It looked like the Jets mostly just sent 4. Which is why I can't understand the coverage issues.

56 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

For all of the arguing over what cost the Jets the game: Folk's noodle leg, Fitz's noodle arm, Marshall's butterfingers, lousy playcalling in the red zone and the general sucktitude of the  secondary, the fact remains that the Jets had the lead with three minutes to go and just needed one stop by the defense.  As we saw throughout the Rex era and now with Bowles' D, we cannot finish, we cannot close a game out.  One stop and we win the game despite all of the other crap.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I found myself screaming.." a REX RYAN defense cant get off the field".  

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

For all the hype of our D-Line,   seems when we need a stop, they seem 1/2 step behind. 

I fear a long season of 6 to 8 wins.

Bengals are a really good team that never gets rattled. Jets will rattle a few teams! They proved yesterday they can beat anybody. Just have to learn to close in the Redone. 3 trips inside the 5..3 points? Inexcusable.

Just now, Jetster said:

Bengals are a really good team that never gets rattled. Jets will rattle a few teams! They proved yesterday they can beat anybody. Just have to learn to close in the Redone. 3 trips inside the 5..3 points? Inexcusable.

They didnt prove that at all....  they lost a game that was in their grasp.    They looked to me like an 8 win team.

3 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I so totally agree I cannot even begin to tell you. As Joe Bingo on WFAN always says "The players change, the coaches change, the results never change". I thought I was going to throw up I my mouth listening to the 2 jerkweeds calling the game yesterday saying how good the Jet defense is.

Get a goddamned stop please, instead of telling them how great they are. At the end of the first half, 90 yard drive including a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and a mile to Brandon LaFell? LaFell was cut by NE for gods sakes.  I do not care about sacks. I care about stops and this defense can never make a big stop when a game is on the line.

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

They didnt prove that at all....  they lost a game that was in their grasp.    They looked to me like an 8 win team.

Over analyzing. Folk doesn't Folk up, Jets win, and we're talking about going 2-0. That's why coaches like Belichick hate the media & let's face it as fans we're just as bad. I'll pose this to you. Had the refs done their job yesterday too, they would have thrown the flag on the defender who launched himself into Marshall in the endzone long after the ball had arrived. Should have been 1st & goal on the 1. They replayed it & the entire stadium roared seeing the non call.

That was a turning point moment regarding Momentum. Kick got blocked. Jets should have been up 14-0. It is what it is, sh*t happens in football. Its not a "perfect" game.

Marshall might have got them to throw the flag if he flopped like Edelman does, I'm sure taught by BB.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Over analyzing. Folk doesn't Folk up, Jets win, and we're talking about going 2-0. That's why coaches like Belichick hate the media & let's face it as fans we're just as bad. I'll pose this to you. Had the refs done their job yesterday too, they would have thrown the flag on the defender who launched himself into Marshall in the endzone long after the ball had arrived. Should have been 1st & goal on the 1. They replayed it & the entire stadium roared seeing the non call.

That was a turning point moment regarding Momentum. Kick got blocked. Jets should have been up 14-0. It is what it is, sh*t happens in football. Its not a "perfect" game.

Marshall might have got them to throw the flag if he flopped like Edelman does, I'm sure taught by BB.

We lost......... whats over analyzing about that?  

43 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Bengals were the easiest of the elite teams on our early schedule.  If we struggled at home against Cinncinatti, imagine what it's going to look like at Pittsburgh, at Arizona, at Kansas City, the undefeated Seahawks, and even the Bills this Thursday in a short week.

It's looking like 1-5 or 2-4 right now if we can't get our secondary corrected.  If our D is designed to get max pressure because Revis and Skrine can single top WR's we are dead. 

SAR I

Bottom line for me G-DNA is I'm just not that impressed with another hire of another never-been-before-defensive-side-of the-ball-head coach for the New York Jets. You know you get sick of hearing phrases like "Same Old Jets" but it's true, this owner continues to keep on doing the same thing and expecting different results, and we all know what that is. So in essence what we are left with (again) is another guy in over his head (again) IOW Herman Edwards 2.0. Sperm Edwards might just as well switch heads from Herm to this guy and stick the dunce cap on his head. Nothing changes if nothing is changed.

I'm giving Bowles at least this season but I'm not crazy about kacy Rodgers. Way too many 3rd and long completions last season and continued again Sunday.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I thought I was the only one and I didn't want to mention it here on the board because who needs it sometimes, the aggravation of fighting wars with angry fellow Jets fans who will cite a hundred other reasons why we ost. But, having said all that I totally agree with your assessment Jetster, and if you noticed, Brandon Marshall wasn't the same after that hit, he was probably playing in a fog the rest of the game-that one play IMO WAS the game.

Though you're correct, it ALWAYS COMES DOWN TO THE DEFENSE. Every time. How many games have we won because of our defense? More often than not its the defense keeping the other team in check for us to get the win. The defense needs help from the offense, period.

Special teams came through yesterday, the defense came through yesterday, it was the offense that didnt come through. We always talk about how we need the offense (QB) to "manage the game", well that works on both sides. The defense managed that game yesterday. Sure Green went off for 200 yards, but the Bengals most important stat (points) was just 23 points. How many times must it be said that this is a "Passing league"? We cant expect to be successful when since the start of last season we're 1-7 against teams that score 21 or more points. 

There were a total of 14 games played so far for week one. You know how many teams scored 21 or more points? 18 teams. We would more than likely lost to any of those teams. 

I understand that the defense didnt get a stop, but its not like they let up a TD. We lost by a point and couldnt gain 1 yard during that final drive and ended it with a drop and a pick. 

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Bengals were the easiest of the elite teams on our early schedule.  If we struggled at home against Cinncinatti, imagine what it's going to look like at Pittsburgh, at Arizona, at Kansas City, the undefeated Seahawks, and even the Bills this Thursday in a short week.

It's looking like 1-5 or 2-4 right now if we can't get our secondary corrected.  If our D is designed to get max pressure because Revis and Skrine can single top WR's we are dead. 

SAR I

Oh, give me a freaking break, really. The Bengals literally beat the Steelers with a backup QB if Burfict & Packman don't lose their minds! Cincy is a finished product with a great Oline & their Dline was ranked #1 ahead of the Jets. They were 12-4 last year. They're good on the road, their QB is unflappable & getting better every year. They got lucky that our kicker was rusty as sh*t & screwed up. They are actually built like a Bill Parcells type of team with a all world WR. You didn't see many broken tackles on their defensive side, did you? I'm gonna go out on a limb & say if Dalton & Green remain healthy they will win the central at 13-3. Let's play the games & see what happens.

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Though you're correct, it ALWAYS COMES DOWN TO THE DEFENSE. Every time. How many games have we won because of our defense? More often than not its the defense keeping the other team in check for us to get the win. The defense needs help from the offense, period.

Special teams came through yesterday, the defense came through yesterday, it was the offense that didnt come through. We always talk about how we need the offense (QB) to "manage the game", well that works on both sides. The defense managed that game yesterday. Sure Green went off for 200 yards, but the Bengals most important stat (points) was just 23 points. How many times must it be said that this is a "Passing league"? We cant expect to be successful when since the start of last season we're 1-7 against teams that score 21 or more points. 

There were a total of 14 games played so far for week one. You know how many teams scored 21 or more points? 18 teams. We would more than likely lost to any of those teams. 

I understand that the defense didnt get a stop, but its not like they let up a TD. We lost by a point and couldnt gain 1 yard during that final drive and ended it with a drop and a pick. 

Sir you are way off the mark here.......special teams came thru????? We left 4.....routinely easy.... points on the field......It took equal effort in all 3 phases for us to lose....This loss was a full team effort.

4 minutes ago, joewilly said:

Sir you are way off the mark here.......special teams came thru????? We left 4.....routinely easy.... points on the field......It took equal effort in all 3 phases for us to lose....This loss was a full team effort.

I wouldnt say way off the mark. Special teams is more about a miss PAT and a blocked FG. our Punter gave us nice field position, Jalin Marshall returned the ball and gave us nice field position. He was tough to tackle and he made the first guy miss 90% of the time. 

That doesnt count? Sure, we can talk about those 4 points which is valid, but thats not all of special teams. Mind you, if we were putting up TD's in the redzone we wouldnt have had to worry about the fg in the first place. You bring up a respectable point, but "way off the mark"???.....I doubt it buddy. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wouldnt say way off the mark. Special teams is more about a miss PAT and a blocked FG. our Punter gave us nice field position, Jalin Marshall returned the ball and gave us nice field position. He was tough to tackle and he made the first guy miss 90% of the time. 

That doesnt count? Sure, we can talk about those 4 points which is valid, but thats not all of special teams. Mind you, if we were putting up TD's in the redzone we wouldnt have had to worry about the fg in the first place. You bring up a respectable point, but "way off the mark"???.....I doubt it buddy. 

OK friend, you are somewhat off the mark. It was in fact all 3 phases that contributed to the loss. Revis of old wouldn't need to depend on help over the top. He wasn't even outpaced on the TD bomb, he played it poorly. There were many defensive blunders that gave up big or critical plays. Offensive blunders too but it took all 3 phases to lose

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

agree Jalin Marshal was beastly on the returns. they were all fun to watch

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

it's amazing how many different things went wrong and yet they lost by 1.  

I see that as HIGHLY encouraging. 

It was a GOOD game against a GOOD team that resulted in a typical Jets-ian LOSS snatched from the jaws of victory. This type of loss for a veteran team of that ilk can only light a bigger fire under their collective @$$e$ and cause them to play better as the season goes along. I'm not sugarcoating a turd, a loss still stinks, but the Jets can only benefit as a team from this experience and learn the lessons the ONLY WAY THEY KNOW HOW - the HARD way. 

As long as ALL CYLINDERS CLICK by week 5 going forward, it's part of a the Loooooooong NFL season where standings and team performances change drastically in a 17 week span. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Well you did predict a loss with a score of 31-6. So you expect them to lose by that bad a score with the Bengals and do well with the rest? Got it.

Archived