Todd Bowles

UnitedWhofans

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Wrong. Who is going to be on the back page? Todd Bowles or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Answer: Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Bowles got embarrassed by the opposing coach today and made bad decisions all game.  Whether this is on the back page or not doesn't change this fact. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean seriously, they turn the ball over 8 times and we blame he head coach.

I smell agendas and even, dare I say it, racism.

you haven't been a jets fan very long.  we have been hating the head coach, QB and offensive playcaller for decades regardless of pretty much everything

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

I NEVER expect my team's coach to get outcoached by the opponent.  The fact the you do tells me your expectations of Bowles is much lower than mine. 

It is logical. Andy Reid is a better head coach than Todd Bowles. Again full grown Doberman versus Doberman puppy. 

I go by logic and common sense. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It is logical. Andy Reid is a better head coach than Todd Bowles. Again full grown Doberman versus Doberman puppy. 

I go by logic and common sense. 

I don't think its logical or reasonable to think that your head coach is going to get outcoached.  I think that's the sign of a person who just doesn't have the utmost confidence in their head coach, and if that's the case, that's fine, but being outcoached routinely opens that coach up to criticism.  We're going in circles now, so I'll bow out.

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

I don't think its logical or reasonable to think that your head coach is going to get outcoached.  I think that's the sign of a person who just doesn't have the utmost confidence in their head coach, and if that's the case, that's fine, but being outcoached routinely opens that coach up to criticism.  We're going in circles now, so I'll bow out.

It should only if it leads to the outcome of the game. In sports, the end does justify the means

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

He's a big reason . Everyone knows Smith can't throw outside the numbers , yet Bowles and his defense never adjusted to the inside slant and crossing patterns . You would think it would have been easy to clog the middle of the field - yet no adjustments - head scratching . 

It's so easy that KC has the best record in the NFL since week 8 of last season.  No one else seems to be able to get it done against them either.

It's too easy to get pissed with a loss and scream that the HC is clueless.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's so easy that KC has the best record in the NFL since week 8 of last season.  No one else seems to be able to get it done against them either.

It's too easy to get pissed with a loss and scream that the HC is clueless.  

Where did I say the HC is clueless - that's your words. I said I didn't see any adjustments.  Its like the 1st game vs the Bengals when they went trips wide , the Bengals ran the same play how many times and the Jets played the same defensive coverage. I can take getting beat by a better team I can't take a team doing the same thing over and over when its clearly not working. 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Andy Reid called the flats in the first half. Bowles adjusted to those and Andy started calling the slants. SImple as pie

Again - there was no need to worry about anything outside the numbers . Yet the Jets still didn't Jam the TE, Wr's or Rb's slipping into the flat and running across the seams. They dropped off and let Alex Smith pick them apart. 

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I finally get it. Todd Bowles is still being blamed for last year. One game destroying a fanbase's confidence in a coach. If that was true, Belichick would have gone in NE and Coughlin would have been gone in NY.

Shame 

this game was as bad as anything during the ryan years.   

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Doesn't matter. It never happens now. Those who blame Bowles already had it out for him. Same thing with Darron Lee. 

Fitzpattick had a bad day

This post. Almost as bad as Fitz. And Fitz didn't have a bad game. I wish it was bad. It was something else. 

Herm 2.0 had no idea of what to do. I mean any idiot who knows even a little bit about this game would know that you have to make a change QB at some point-it wasn't the guy's day, sit him down, give the ball to the other idiot. I'll tell you guys, I am so unimpressed with this head coach, I am sick of a lifetime of watching the same crap year after year and in either another year of no playoffs then the rich kid no-nothing owner will once again ask the league to hold his hand and give him one more never-been-before HC, most likely from the defensive side of the game and I'll be dead of old age before this team ever wins another Lombardi. I blame this owner. I wish he would sell the Jets

10 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Herm 2.0 had no idea of what to do. I mean any idiot who knows even a little bit about this game would know that you have to make a change QB at some point-it wasn't the guy's day, sit him down, give the ball to the other idiot. I'll tell you guys, I am so unimpressed with this head coach, I am sick of a lifetime of watching the same crap year after year and in either another year of no playoffs then the rich kid no-nothing owner will once again ask the league to hold his hand and give him one more never-been-before HC, most likely from the defensive side of the game and I'll be dead of old age before this team ever wins another Lombardi. I blame this owner. I wish he would sell the Jets

I think there are a few factors that went into the decision to leave Fitz in.   

1) I don't think Bowles has any confidence in Geno.  if Petty was available I think there's a chance he would have played but Geno is such a disaster there was really no point.  

2) Bowles was hoping Fitz snapped out of the funk he was in.   We've seen this b/f and Fitz doesn't come out of the funk but bowles was still hoping 

3) I really believe that the Jets FO still resents the Fitz "holdout" this off season.   Fitz didn't participate during the offseason b/c he saw himself as a $16M/year franchise QB.  Today he proved to the world that he wasn't.   If this team wants to start Petty next year and keep Fitz as a backup, this game tape will be played over and over for Fitz agent when it comes time to negotiate.  

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Where did I say the HC is clueless - that's your words. I said I didn't see any adjustments.  Its like the 1st game vs the Bengals when they went trips wide , the Bengals ran the same play how many times and the Jets played the same defensive coverage. I can take getting beat by a better team I can't take a team doing the same thing over and over when its clearly not working. 

Well,when you say the things you said, about defending, offense, being a defensive HC etc you're saying he's clueless.

im saying KC has been on a huge roll and sometimes you get beat.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well,when you say the things you said, about defending, offense, being a defensive HC etc you're saying he's clueless.

im saying KC has been on a huge roll and sometimes you get beat.  

I call it as I see it and again never called him clueless, you can twist it any way you like.  He had a poor gameplan and made several mistakes in the game . Am I throwing in the towel - no, but he's got to be better regardless of what the opponent did. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I call it as I see it and again never called him clueless, you can twist it any way you like.  He had a poor gameplan and made several mistakes in the game . Am I throwing in the towel - no, but he's got to be better regardless of what the opponent did. 

I will.  You said what you said.  It's not a big deal.  I have no idea how we can blame a game plan when the QB, the team play this bad.  Have no friggen idea what the game plan even was.  I'm guessing it wasn't throw the ball into triple coverage inside the 10 on 2nd down for a pick.  Twice.  Overthrow or miss receivers on just about every pass.  

And. I'm flabbergasted the gameplan wasn't clog the middle of the field as Alex Smith can't beat you outside of the numbers .

The Chiefs ran the same plays on offense over and over and over again. Sure the turnovers on offense were  killers but Bowles/Rodgers plan on D was atrocious. 

Archived