Todd Bowles says no loss in confidence in Fitz

AFJF

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have pretty much stayed out of the QB fight because I don't have a lot of confidence in either Fitz or Smith.  That being said, I think it is time for Smith to get a shot and if he sucks too Petty should be healthy by then and we can see what he's got.  At the end of the season we only have two qb's on the roster and neither have seen any game time.  We need to know if there is any hope.  If Petty can't do it we need to know.  If he can't I think we need to make a push for Glennon in free agency and draft another QB next season.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB is the problem #1 problem he fails to move the ball and score TDs 

Our stud RB had 24 yards.

Our Hall Of Fame CB and the Secondary got burned for 2 busted TD's.

Blame the journeyman quarterback.

SAR I

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

Oh Please, SAR I. STOP!! You've been so effusive (over the top) in your praise for this DUD, don't try to put all his **** ups on the lack of talent around him, you sound like a Geno Fan.

I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan.  I accept the fact that he is our best option at QB and that he is playing at the level all fans should expect.  He's 33, he's on his 6th team, if he were capable of playing consistently and at a high level he would still be with his first team.

If you're looking for a single point of blame, leave the old man quarterback alone and start with the areas of the team that are young and capable like our pass rush, like our LB's, and especially our secondary.  Joe Montana couldn't win games with a secondary gagging this badly, every game getting burned deep, multiple times, defenders out of position, it's a clown show back there.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Every week there are teams rallying in "deperation time" yet avoid lobbing up 9 picks in 2 weeks.

This sh-t show we've been watching this year is not the "mediocre" qb play you've been desperately trying to sell us.  Its awful play from a below average journey man.  Period.

Ryan Fitzpatrick put up Russell Wilson numbers in the first half, moved the ball against the best defense in the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick put up Geno Smith numbers in the second half, didn't move the ball, turned the ball over.

Look up the definition of the word "mediocre".  Fitzpatrick had an above-average first half and a below-average second half.  This should not shock you.  It's who he is.  The Jets are 1-0 against scrubs and 0-3 against playoff teams.  And this is because they are not a playoff team and don't have a playoff caliber roster, a playoff caliber pass rush, a playoff caliber secondary, and certainly not a playoff caliber coaching staff.  The quarterback is actually one of our smaller issues right now.

SAR I

Wheres the 2015 Fitzpatrick? 

2015 Fitzpatrick had a 2015 schedule full of cupcakes.  The 2016 schedule features playoff teams 4 of the first 5 weeks.  You'll get your 7-9, don't worry about that, lots of cupcakes later in the year to feast on.

And, frankly, we should ask where the 2015 secondary went, where the 2015 run stuff went, where the 2015 running game went.  We said before the season started that losing Snacks and losing Ivory could only be offset by some great play from old guys and rookies.  Isn't working so far.  As for the secondary, wow, there is no rationale to explain that disaster.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2015 Fitzpatrick had a 2015 schedule full of cupcakes.  The 2016 schedule features playoff teams 4 of the first 5 weeks.  You'll get your 7-9, don't worry about that, lots of cupcakes later in the year to feast on.

And, frankly, we should ask where the 2015 secondary went, where the 2015 run stuff went, where the 2015 running game went.  We said before the season started that losing Snacks and losing Ivory could only be offset by some great play from old guys and rookies.  Isn't working so far.  As for the secondary, wow, there is no rationale to explain that disaster.

SAR I

SAR I if they continue to play like they are and Fitzpatrick remains the starting QB I think 3-13 is more realistic,maybe. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The only real difference between 2015 and 2016 secondaries is Darrin Walls, obviously. 

But really it's a regression from Pryor, Revis declining, Skrine being bad as he as always been, and Marcus Williams showing he's really just. Part time player. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The only real difference between 2015 and 2016 secondaries is Darrin Walls, obviously. 

But really it's a regression from Pryor, Revis declining, Skrine being bad as he as always been, and Marcus Williams showing he's really just. Part time player. 

Gilchrist is garbage 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The offense has put up at least 17 points in evry single game the last two years other than the game before this one.  The defense, never makes a stop when it counts.  If the offense doees not play really well we lose and this team has put almost all resources into the D over the years.  This d that is suppsoed to be top 3-5 isn;t even middle of the pack, it sucks,

Bingo.

This feels like the same old argument from 2011 and 2012, everyone piled-on Mark Sanchez when he was given no weapons and everyone turned a blind eye to the defense that got all of the resources in the world and didn't live up to expectations.  

Once again, Jets fans scapegoat the quarterback, blame everything on a single INT, when in fact it's players like Darrelle Revis and David Harris and Calvin Pryor who should be the target of their vitriol.  It's ridiculous how so much emphasis is put on the journeyman quarterback when so many other established Jet veterans are sucking so badly.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fitzpatrick is terrible but that is what happens when your offense  has to win every game for you because the defense resembles a cheese shredder.,

the rules favor offenses, that's today's nfl.  you have to have an offense that can score several tds/game if necessary.  while the jets pass defense sucks, that doesn't mean they can't win games if the offense can score.  it's not rocket science - it's mostly the qb.  it always starts with the qb.  the problem is when the offense can't score and then the defense gives up big plays.  

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

This feels like the same old argument from 2011 and 2012, everyone piled-on Mark Sanchez when he was given no weapons and everyone turned a blind eye to the defense that got all of the resources in the world and didn't live up to expectations.  

Once again, Jets fans scapegoat the quarterback, blame everything on a single INT, when in fact it's players like Darrelle Revis and David Harris and Calvin Pryor who should be the target of their vitriol.  It's ridiculous how so much emphasis is put on the journeyman quarterback when so many other established Jet veterans are sucking so badly.

SAR I

The QB that 31 other NFL teams passed on that very same QB and we are trying to win football games with him. 

I heard that had the Jets not resign Fitzpatrick the team would be awful and would be 5-11, but with Fitzpatrick they'd go 11-5. Now all of a sudden lets minimize him being the biggest reason why the team is bad and let's place the blame on the defense. I didn't see any props given to the defense last year when Fitz was in the midst of his career year. Using the logic if Fitzpatrick was the biggest reason for our success last year, then he's the biggest reason for our failure this year. Can't have it both ways. 

27 minutes ago, August said:

I heard that had the Jets not resign Fitzpatrick the team would be awful and would be 5-11, but with Fitzpatrick they'd go 11-5. Now all of a sudden lets minimize him being the biggest reason why the team is bad and let's place the blame on the defense. I didn't see any props given to the defense last year when Fitz was in the midst of his career year. Using the logic if Fitzpatrick was the biggest reason for our success last year, then he's the biggest reason for our failure this year. Can't have it both ways. 

Apparently our defense has to hold everyone to under 10 points. Otherwise Fitz can't be held accountable.

5 minutes ago, Barton said:

The pass defense has been terrible. Guys are consistently out of position. 

The corner play is poor.  The linebackers in coverage are even worse.  And the safeties should be stocking shelves at Walmart on 3rd shift.

Calvin Pryor is completely worthless.  A missile without a guidance system.  Flies blind, occasionally crashes into something, but misses its target almost every time.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The corner play is poor.  The linebackers in coverage are even worse.  And the safeties should be stocking shelves at Walmart on 3rd shift.

Calvin Pryor is completely worthless.  A missile without a guidance system.  Flies blind, occasionally crashes into something, but misses its target almost every time.

Good coaching minimizes deficiencies in players. 

I still have a hard time understanding how Bowles had Revis play against Watkins in the last game of the 2015 season. 

The QB that 31 other NFL teams passed on that very same QB and we are trying to win football games with him. 

I realize this.

This is what happens to teams that don't have franchise quarterbacks and face 5 playoff teams in the first 6 weeks of the schedule.  However, don't fool yourself into thinking that this team is amazingly talented sans quarterback.  That hype in August was just that, hype.

SAR I

2 hours ago, August said:

I have no idea where you got 11-5 in your head as some sort of sure-thing, I had them at 7-9, a lot of others thought 8-8 or maybe 9-7.

For all it seems right now, you are seeing the same New York Jets that you saw last year except instead of playing 5 cupcakes and 1 playoff-caliber team (last year's 5-1 finish) you are now seeing that same team play 1 cupcake and 5 playoff-caliber teams (this year's potential 1-5 open).  Somewhere along the line you forgot that we are in the early stages of a rebuild and were the fortunate recipients of a 4th place schedule last year, no such luck this year.

As for how much of the blame goes to the quarterback, tell me, what part of the team has shown year-over-year improvement?  How is McLendon vs. Snacks working out?  How is Forte vs. Ivory looking?  Is Clady better than Brick?  Are Pryor and Lee exceptional young talents leading us towards a bright future?  Is Darrelle Revis acting as an emotional leader and rallying the secondary?  Did David Harris find the fountain of youth?

Listen, our QB is playing badly and everyone knows it.  Problem is, the whole team is bad right now, it's not on the quarterback just because you can point your finger to one momentum changing play.  At the time of that INT the Seahawks were on their 39 yard line and our D didn't make a single play to stop them.  It's a team problem.  QB is actually the least of our worries.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Kevin L said:

Apparently our defense has to hold everyone to under 10 points. Otherwise Fitz can't be held accountable.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is accountable for playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  If anything, he's played a little bit better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and that's a hell of a lot more than you can say about many, many others on this team. 

Is Matt Forte playing like Matt Forte?  Is Brandon Marshall playing like Brandon Marshall?  Are you getting what you thought out of Darrelle Revis?  David Harris?  Calvin Pryor?  Daron Lee?  Buster Skrine?  Todd Bowles?

Thought so.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick put up Russell Wilson numbers in the first half, moved the ball against the best defense in the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick put up Geno Smith numbers in the second half, didn't move the ball, turned the ball over.

Look up the definition of the word "mediocre".  Fitzpatrick had an above-average first half and a below-average second half.  This should not shock you.  It's who he is.  The Jets are 1-0 against scrubs and 0-3 against playoff teams.  And this is because they are not a playoff team and don't have a playoff caliber roster, a playoff caliber pass rush, a playoff caliber secondary, and certainly not a playoff caliber coaching staff.  The quarterback is actually one of our smaller issues right now.

SAR I

No, he put up ryan Fitzpatrick numbers in the 1st half, which resulted in 10 points and a squandered FG drive.

And then he put up Ryan Fitzpatrick 2nd-half numbers in the second half.

Why is Geno Smith being named?! Ryan Fitzpatrick is Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith ain't got sh*t to do with him sucking.

why is it that 'non-hating' fans have to attribute sh*t to Geno that Geno hasn't had anything to do with? Are you THAT insecure?! Never mind. You clearly are.

But, know this SAR I "you are loved"...

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

No, he put up ryan Fitzpatrick numbers in the 1st half, which resulted in 10 points and a squandered FG drive.

And then he put up Ryan Fitzpatrick 2nd-half numbers in the second half.

Why is Geno Smith being named?! Ryan Fitzpatrick is Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith ain't got sh*t to do with him sucking.

why is it that 'non-hating' fans have to attribute sh*t to Geno that Geno hasn't had anything to do with? Are you THAT insecure?! Never mind. You clearly are.

But, know this SAR I "you are loved"...

I could have used another bad quarterback in my Fitzpatrick analogy but Geno was the first one that came to mind.  Would it make you feel better if I change it to Johnny Manziel?  I can, if you like.

SAR I

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is accountable for playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  If anything, he's played a little bit better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and that's a hell of a lot more than you can say about many, many others on this team. 

Is Matt Forte playing like Matt Forte?  Is Brandon Marshall playing like Brandon Marshall?  Are you getting what you thought out of Darrelle Revis?  David Harris?  Calvin Pryor?  Daron Lee?  Buster Skrine?  Todd Bowles?

Thought so.

SAR I

None of those guys have the same impact on the outcome of a game as the QB. 2 weeks, 13 points, 9 interceptions.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea where you got 11-5 in your head as some sort of sure-thing, I had them at 7-9, a lot of others thought 8-8 or maybe 9-7.

For all it seems right now, you are seeing the same New York Jets that you saw last year except instead of playing 5 cupcakes and 1 playoff-caliber team (last year's 5-1 finish) you are now seeing that same team play 1 cupcake and 5 playoff-caliber teams (this year's potential 1-5 open).  Somewhere along the line you forgot that we are in the early stages of a rebuild and were the fortunate recipients of a 4th place schedule last year, no such luck this year.

As for how much of the blame goes to the quarterback, tell me, what part of the team has shown year-over-year improvement?  How is McLendon vs. Snacks working out?  How is Forte vs. Ivory looking?  Is Clady better than Brick?  Are Pryor and Lee exceptional young talents leading us towards a bright future?  Is Darrelle Revis acting as an emotional leader and rallying the secondary?  Did David Harris find the fountain of youth?

Listen, our QB is playing badly and everyone knows it.  Problem is, the whole team is bad right now, it's not on the quarterback just because you can point your finger to one momentum changing play.  At the time of that INT the Seahawks were on their 39 yard line and our D didn't make a single play to stop them.  It's a team problem.  QB is actually the least of our worries.

SAR I

Plenty Jets fans had this team being a playoff team, and they'd only be good if they resigned Fitzpatrick. So I really don't care about other players. 

The whole team is garbage right now.  I give Fitz one more week.  He pretty much has mission impossible next week.  He somehow pulls it off, he stays under center.  He plays like everyone thinks he's going to play, trot Geno out there and start dressing Petty or Hack.  The season really can't be saved.  We had 2 winnable games with Cincy and KC, we needed both of them.  

Bowles probably has no loss in confidence because he has the play calls along with the game video ..something ALL of you don't have. Still does not excuse Bowles terrible coaching but this team is asking way top much of Fitz early on. We are failing once again in all phases with a game managing QB and Jets fans want him to carry the team on his shoulders and that's not going to happen. This is a talented poorly coached football team

Archived