Billboard suggestions to get Woodys attention?

Matt39

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, hawk said:

You still don't just throw money at a stop gap.  They had other options, and chose to throw the money at Fitz.  It was another bad signing.  If we gave him 8 mill, or 10 mill that is two million that could have been utilized or rolled over.

Yeah, and then we go 4-12 and the vets get frustrated and the rookies don't grow; yep - that is a good approach.

You want to spend your hard-earned money on a billboard great, but maybe it should say "wanted - a better fan base", because 18 months in Mac had done a good job and most analysts who aren't Jet fans both like the signing and most of what Mac has done. You want to be a sh**y organization, changing FOs every 2 years is the perfect way to do that.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How about:

Seeking new fanbase

9 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, and then we go 4-12 and the vets get frustrated and the rookies don't grow; yep - that is a good approach.

You want to spend your hard-earned money on a billboard great, but maybe it should say "wanted - a better fan base", because 18 months in Mac had done a good job and most analysts who aren't Jet fans both like the signing and most of what Mac has done. You want to be a sh**y organization, changing FOs every 2 years is the perfect way to do that.

A better fan base?????????????????

Most here weren't alive in 1969 the few of us that were remember whats its like to be a winner even at 6 years old I wore that Namath jersey to school with pride I wore the Jets pajamas had the pennant hanging in in my room i had the Jets varsity jacket with the white pleather sleeves. Damn that was a longtime ago...........

Jets fans are the most resilient football fans in the NFL we have to be its been 47 years since the last Super Bowl. 

Younger generation fans have never witnessed stardom they only hear about it read about it watch a video of it. 

The fan base sometimes divided is still the best in the NFL anyone who tells another Jets fan or makes a comment like the above comments can KMA. 

We are true we are resilient and we are tired hoping we see another Super Bowl victory before we die. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Most here weren't alive in 1969 the few of us that were remember whats its like to be a winner even at 6 years old I wore that Namath jersey to school with pride I wore the Jets pajamas had the pennant hanging in in my room i had the Jets varsity jacket with the white pleather sleeves. Damn that was a longtime ago...........

Jets fans are the most resilient football fans in the NFL we have to be its been 47 years since the last Super Bowl. 

Younger generation fans have never witnessed stardom they only hear about it read about it watch a video of it. 

The fan base sometimes divided is still the best in the NFL anyone who tells another Jets fan or makes a comment like the above comments can KMA. 

We are true we are resilient and we are tired hoping we see another Super Bowl victory before we die. 

I have been a fan since 1969 as well. Wanting a better team isn't a problem; venting about being unhappy about the team isn't a problem. Putting up bill boards to get rid of a GM or Coach after 18 months is quite frankly embarrassing. 

You want a winner? So do I. But, you are not going to get one by changing FO every 2 years. You aren't going to get one within a year or two of drafting a QB (first round or otherwise).

It is bad enough having to hear about the Jets sucking year in and year out without the embarrassing public behaviors from fans that a) drop quarters down the old stairs and poor beers on the kids getting them, or B) the raunchy attitude towards women in the stands, etc. etc. etc.

IMO putting up a banner 18 months into a new FO would be publicly embarrassing. The circus left town - let it stay out of town. Also, what kind of GM do you think would come to this team if Woody fires the FO every 2 years? what kind of Coach are you going to get? What kind of scouts? 

Me commenting on other fans is not only not public embarrassment, but it is me commenting on my opinion on the same site you are commenting on your opinion. But, you guys go right ahead and fly your planes and put up your banners - I am sure you will be building a great franchise that way.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I have been a fan since 1969 as well. Wanting a better team isn't a problem; venting about being unhappy about the team isn't a problem. Putting up bill boards to get rid of a GM or Coach after 18 months is quite frankly embarrassing. 

You want a winner? So do I. But, you are not going to get one by changing FO every 2 years. You aren't going to get one within a year or two of drafting a QB (first round or otherwise).

It is bad enough having to hear about the Jets sucking year in and year out without the embarrassing public behaviors from fans that a) drop quarters down the old stairs and poor beers on the kids getting them, or B) the raunchy attitude towards women in the stands, etc. etc. etc.

IMO putting up a banner 18 months into a new FO would be publicly embarrassing. The circus left town - let it stay out of town. Also, what kind of GM do you think would come to this team if Woody fires the FO every 2 years? what kind of Coach are you going to get? What kind of scouts? 

Me commenting on other fans is not only not public embarrassment, but it is me commenting on my opinion on the same site you are commenting on your opinion. But, you guys go right ahead and fly your planes and put up your banners - I am sure you will be building a great franchise that way.

No offense but maybe you are the problem?  we won our only SB in the 1968 season and you became a fan in 1969.  Can we politely ask you to go root for the Giants?:D

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets fans are the most resilient football fans in the NFL we have to be its been 47 years since the last Super Bowl

The Browns frickkin' lost their team and got back a garbage team. THEY are the most resilient fans in the NFL

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

What are they rebuling exactly? They are old everywhere except DLine and some LB spots and the only young promising talent is at WR. Those guys aren't getting any snaps.

You don't give a veteran journeyman 12 million at QB when you are rebuilding. I spent all offseason being okay with the thought of rebuilding. But they sent a different message when they signed Fitz again.

Too many of you are blinded by the money and miss the bigger picture.

Forget what Fitzpatrick gets paid.  He's a JAG with leadership skills and intelligence, and frankly the only experienced QB on the market that we could get at any price.  Let's be honest.

We are rebuilding the whole team.  This can take 5 years or more.  Just because we have some win-now players doesn't mean we are a win-now team.  Where we are old, it isn't "good old", it's "bad old", it's guys like Revis and Harris collecting paychecks because we don't have anyone better to put there yet.  It means we patched enough holes in this Rex Ryan John Idzik disaster to make it somewhat palatable and make the rebuild more interesting.  Patience, people.  Patience.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No offense but maybe you are the problem?  we won our only SB in the 1968 season and you became a fan in 1969.  Can we politely ask you to go root for the Giants?:D

offense taken :-) ; like many here I became a Jets fan as I grew up watching the team with my father every Sunday. After I started playing in elementary school my Mom and sisters started watching with us. My parents were diehard fans up until the day the passed; and I will continue that. Since clearly all of the problems with the team are due to Fitz, Mac, Bowles and Woody - I am not sure how I can be blamed for all this. But, unfortunately for the fan base I will root for the Jets for life.

My daughter, fortunately will be spared all of this as I don't watch football on Sundays and do family things. And, she will grow up in NE watching teams win (even if they do cheat). When she gets old enough I will take her to the Jets-Pats games (but no longer wear my Jersey) as the Gillette crowd has become to riddled with drunken jerks who have no problem swearing and threatening people with opponents jersey's on - even with a kid.

I personally long for the days when you could wear the Jersey of your favorite team with pride without repercussions (except maybe in Philadelphia). But I will NEVER root for the Giants (except when they play the Pats). I do remember a game I was at in the Polo Fields when Broadway Joe hobbled into the end-zone for a rushing TD. Great game.

Woody, Get a football man to be team president, keep Mac, and stay out of football decisions. If Bowles can't right the ship by the end of the year hire a coach who can run the whole team. IE Jim Harbaugh. 

9 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

offense taken :-) ; like many here I became a Jets fan as I grew up watching the team with my father every Sunday. After I started playing in elementary school my Mom and sisters started watching with us. My parents were diehard fans up until the day the passed; and I will continue that. Since clearly all of the problems with the team are due to Fitz, Mac, Bowles and Woody - I am not sure how I can be blamed for all this. But, unfortunately for the fan base I will root for the Jets for life.

My daughter, fortunately will be spared all of this as I don't watch football on Sundays and do family things. And, she will grow up in NE watching teams win (even if they do cheat). When she gets old enough I will take her to the Jets-Pats games (but no longer wear my Jersey) as the Gillette crowd has become to riddled with drunken jerks who have no problem swearing and threatening people with opponents jersey's on - even with a kid.

I personally long for the days when you could wear the Jersey of your favorite team with pride without repercussions (except maybe in Philadelphia). But I will NEVER root for the Giants (except when they play the Pats). I do remember a game I was at in the Polo Fields when Broadway Joe hobbled into the end-zone for a rushing TD. Great game.

I still want to win more than anyone but I appreciate the time w/ family watching the games more now.  I love that my son wants to go to the games and watch on TV when they are on the road.  I have accepted that we may never win a SB but I still have a billion great memories and will have a billion more in the coming years win or lose.

22 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Woody, Get a football man to be team president, keep Mac, and stay out of football decisions. If Bowles can't right the ship by the end of the year hire a coach who can run the whole team. IE Jim Harbaugh. 

Good thinking, but I say go Full Leon.

Go tamper with the New England Patriots and steal away Bill Belichick for the biggest coaching contract in team sports history and a 10% stake in a $2 billion dollar franchise.  Will cost a first round draft pick, but who cares, we suck at first round anyway.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Too many of you are blinded by the money and miss the bigger picture.

Forget what Fitzpatrick gets paid.  He's a JAG with leadership skills and intelligence, and frankly the only experienced QB on the market that we could get at any price.  Let's be honest.

We are rebuilding the whole team.  This can take 5 years or more.  Just because we have some win-now players doesn't mean we are a win-now team.  Where we are old, it isn't "good old", it's "bad old", it's guys like Revis and Harris collecting paychecks because we don't have anyone better to put there yet.  It means we patched enough holes in this Rex Ryan John Idzik disaster to make it somewhat palatable and make the rebuild more interesting.  Patience, people.  Patience.

SAR I

I spent all offseason saying I didn't want to give Fitzpatrick more than 7 million for one year. I was okay with Geno, Petty, and any draft picks just battling it out.

The second they signed a 34 year old QB they stopped rebuilding.  What are they rebuilding? They are old everywhere. I said it in my earlier post, LB and DLine....The Oline isn't that young. And the QB position isn't being rebuilt.

I fully support benching Fitz and starting the rebuilding process immediately. But every day he is out there is another day that they aren't rebuilding.

4 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I wish I was not driving to Pittsburg to see the game

The good news is that we have zero chance of beating Pitt which actually gives us a chance of pulling off an unimaginable upset. Not sure if that makes much sense but I am clinging to that glimmer of hope like it was a drop of rain in the Sahara!!!

37 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, he is great! Marshall would love that. And, again, why would his team trade him?

He is on the outs in Chicago brainiac john fox is said to be sticking with freaking hoyer even when cutler gets healthy.

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we drafted Manziel we would have been bad enough to land Winston. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

But we would have passed since we already had our future franchise QB on the roster.  Probably would have taken Leo #1 overall.

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

OK, I was not being serious about the billboard thing.  Sadly, that had to be pointed out.

As to Fitz, it was a bad signing.  Even if he came out and matched what he did last year, it was a bad signing.  The Jets were the only team that were pursuing him with any real interest, and he wasn't going to turn down 7 million to sit on his couch and watch the football.  It just wasn't going to happen.  Macc paniced, or was forced into signing him.

The reason that no one else was pursuing him is that the other teams realized what the average fan could figure out.  He is not a starting caliber NFL QB.  Period.

Just now, hawk said:

OK, I was not being serious about the billboard thing.  Sadly, that had to be pointed out.

As to Fitz, it was a bad signing.  Even if he came out and matched what he did last year, it was a bad signing.  The Jets were the only team that were pursuing him with any real interest, and he wasn't going to turn down 7 million to sit on his couch and watch the football.  It just wasn't going to happen.  Macc paniced, or was forced into signing him.

The reason that no one else was pursuing him is that the other teams realized what the average fan could figure out.  He is not a starting caliber NFL QB.  Period.

Well my comment about 'better fan base' was directed to those thinking about it; so when you lashed out...

Most analysts agreed that Fitz to the Jets was the best fit for both Fitz and the Jets; just because it is the best fit, it doesn't mean that Fitz shouldn't get market rate. Maybe he would have taken 7 million; maybe he would have taken his chance on QBs going down (which they did). Market rate for a 1 year deal for a 'starting' QB (even 20-25) is about 12 million. Would everyone be happier if he sat all through TC and signed for 10 million before the start of the season. Then when Fitz sucked it was because Mac failed and signed him too late. Or Geno starts and sucks wind, and we sign Fitz to 10 million after game 2 and we still loose?

Archived