Instant Gratification

UnitedWhofans

This is the main reason why a lot of people are getting angry at Mike Maccagnan. They talk about drafting Hackenberg when Prescott and Wentz (who they never got the chance to draft) are doing well.

You know who also had great starts? Rick Mirer and RGIII. How did they turn out? 

Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre and turned out okay. Now one might say "It was different, because of Favre." Why? I'm still waiting to hear an answer to that question. But I can guess the basic answer.

INSTANT GRATIFICATION

People are starting to hate on Darron Lee again, saying that he has been "exposed" How? He actually did a magnificent job covering Jimmy Graham when he was in coverage with him. Russell Wilson is to be credited with throwing undefendable passes, because that's what great QBs do.

In his two drafts, Maccagnan has gotten:

Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, Edwards, Peake, Williams, Burris

7 players that have played some time on the field and have shown flashes of talent. That's more than Idzik and the last 2 years of Tanny PUT TOGETHER.

And yet fans are questioning him. Why? INSTANT GRATIFICATION

I'm afraid it will get Maccagnan fired and the mediocrity will continue.

And because the owner seems to be influenced by the fanbase, and the owner can't be fired, the fanbase will have to change. Otherwise it will go on forever.

This team should have one focus, and one focus only. Finding a franchise QB until they finally find one. You wanna wait 3 years for Hack to bake...really? Some more sh*tty vet stopgaps along the way? If Hack turns out to be a 3 year baked sh*tloaf, then what? Do it again? Nonsense. This is not your dads NFL. Either you have a franchise QB or you suffer the same fate of 22 teams that perpetually suck balls. It is sadly pathetic to think this team has the luxury to sit on project QB's for years. It's time for big boy pants, dress his ass, prep him during the week and when sh*tspatrick starts his weekly game of catch with defenders, put the little pussyboy out there and make a man of him or move on,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is in this fanbase and market, those fans do the most damage and attract the most attention.

That's what you want to think.  It's not true though. No one is complaining about Macc. 

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is the main reason why a lot of people are getting angry at Mike Maccagnan. They talk about drafting Hackenberg when Prescott and Wentz (who they never got the chance to draft) are doing well.

You know who also had great starts? Rick Mirer and RGIII. How did they turn out? 

Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre and turned out okay. Now one might say "It was different, because of Favre." Why? I'm still waiting to hear an answer to that question. But I can guess the basic answer.

INSTANT GRATIFICATION

People are starting to hate on Darron Lee again, saying that he has been "exposed" How? He actually did a magnificent job covering Jimmy Graham when he was in coverage with him. Russell Wilson is to be credited with throwing undefendable passes, because that's what great QBs do.

7 players that have played some time on the field and have shown flashes of talent. That's more than Idzik and the last 2 years of Tanny PUT TOGETHER.

And because the owner seems to be influenced by the fanbase, and the owner can't be fired, the fanbase will have to change. Otherwise it will go on forever.

Ignore the people hating on Darron Lee.  

Accept the fact that many, many, many, many experts had Paxton Lynch going to the Jets.  I didn't think it would happen because I thought somebody would leapfrog them.  Nobody did, and the Jets still passed.

That's why Lynch is the main guy many Jets fans will be talking about for years.  With a chance to select possibly the most physically talented QB to come out of college in forever, the Jets took a linebacker with Geno Smith and Bryce Petty as their only QB's on the roster and a journeyman band-aid waiting in the wings.

Just now, AFJF said:

Ignore the people hating on Darron Lee.  

Accept the fact that many, many, many, many experts had Paxton Lynch going to the Jets.  I didn't think it would happen because I thought somebody would leapfrog them.  Nobody did, and the Jets still passed.

That's why Lynch is the main guy many Jets fans will be talking about for years.  With a chance to select possibly the most physically talented QB to come out of college in forever, the Jets took a linebacker with Geno Smith and Bryce Petty as their only QB's on the roster and a journeyman band-aid waiting in the wings.

there's a difference between instant gratification and any gratification.  we're all here wondering when we'll actually draft a decent qb.  the only other team that doesn't seem to be able to do this is cleveland.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

there's a difference between instant gratification and any gratification.  we're all here wondering when we'll actually draft a decent qb.  the only other team that doesn't seem to be able to do this is cleveland.

Thank goodness for Cleveland.

UWF

jets fans love misery.  its our thing.  trying to get jets fans to be positive no matter what is like trying to swim to the moon

if the jets ever win it all we will celebrate for 2 days then start to bitch about the upcoming FA's

Just now, Larz said:

UWF

jets fans love misery.  its our thing.  trying to get jets fans to be positive no matter what is like trying to swim to the moon

if the jets ever win it all we will celebrate for 2 days then start to bitch about the upcoming FA's

Not a chance.

The issue with the 2016 New York Jets is that because we committed to bust Geno Smith we did not draft Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater, two legitimate franchise quarterbacks.

If you want some form of instant gratification look for the Jets to push Geno Smith out of an emergency exit at 20,000 feet on the charter flight home.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The issue with the 2016 New York Jets is that because we committed to bust Geno Smith we did not draft Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater, two legitimate franchise quarterbacks.

If you want some form of instant gratification look for the Jets to push Geno Smith out of an emergency exit at 20,000 feet on the charter flight home.

SAR I

Carr and Bridgewater?  COME ON MAN 

16 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I've been following this team since 1982. There isn't any instant gratification.

1981 for me. That year they played the houston oilers and baltimore colts.  Dad took me to the home opener because he couldn't get giants tickets and he gave me the binoculars and told me to watch wesley walker and joe klecko

that was it, I was a fan

1 minute ago, Larz said:

1981 for me. That year they played the houston oilers and baltimore colts.  Dad took me to the home opener because he couldn't get giants tickets and he gave me the binoculars and told me to watch wesley walker and joe klecko

that was it, I was a fan

The year they started showing the NFL in the UK (1982) I picked the Jets. Oh well...

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not a chance.

I guarantee it

we will point out that win was a lucky fluke and they will never be able to defend it because they will give big stupid contracts out and the guys are getting old and they had an easy schedule and the good team got knocked out the round ahead of us

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

The year they started showing the NFL in the UK (1982) I picked the Jets. Oh well...

its weird I just googled that season.  they started out 0-3 including an ugly loss to pittsburgh and a close loss to the bengals, than were down 24 in the WC playoff game to Buffalo and mounted a furious comeback but the QB threw a pick with 10 seconds to go.  I should have known right there, lol

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I guarantee it

we will point out that win was a lucky fluke and they will never be able to defend it because they will give big stupid contracts out and the guys are getting old and they had an easy schedule and the good team got knocked out the round ahead of us

A few miserable fans will.  The same ones who are celebrating the current status of the team and rooting for Fitz to get injured.

The rest of us will be on cloud-9.

18 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

INSTANT GRATIFICATION

:rl:

I'm trying to come up with one thing you got correct in this post, and am struggling to do so.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

One could better argue it's because we committed to Mark Sanchez instead of drafting Russell Wilson. :) 

19 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

INSTANT GRATIFICATION

respectfully, go to hell. Your kool aide rhetoric is past due. 

GM's don't get "auto-leash" in my universe. They earn everything they get -- and I'm not giving Macc & Hack any cushion. Stupidest fcking pick since we passed on Sapp for another nitany lion. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

47 years and counting but its the fans fault because we want instant gratification.

You can't make this sh*t up.

I have been to just about every home game since 1988. I guess I am expecting too much lol.

Prediction: 47 posts in the game thread outlining:

• how Jets fans have no right to be annoyed at a subpar product after maxing out the cap to the point of such spending leaking into future seasons;
  • that we should expect losses and be accepting of poor play;
  • and most of all how everyone on the field, coaching, or in any way associated with the team should be immune from criticism from real fans.

The real fans are the ones that pin participation awards on their uniforms.

I guarantee it

Tell you what pal, when we do then you can judge all you want. Meanwhile I'm 40 and we have not had one single worthwhile long term QB in my lifetime. Let that sink in. 40 friggin years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I stand corrected. Even still, those fans critical of him are decidedly in the minority. 

True that. In Mac I do not trust. On the job training takes awhile. Not all that impressed with his body of work. All that money to work with, so little the results.

Archived