Season not over yet

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Would be better to crash the whole thing and get the top pick and cut the huge salaries. Might not be the worst thing in the world rather than this half-assed patch job with expensive vets like Revis, Decker and Fitz funding their retirements. 

Decker? 

So your plan is just get rid of players?  Even the ones who play well. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

the worst thing they can do is rally for 7-9 and the 14th pick

I hate to say it, but I am scouting for next years QB from here on out

Sadly the best QB prospect this year had a rage problem this is a bad year to suck for whoever.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

As stated before by myself and Mike Greenberg if the jets go 2-4 through this brutal 6 game stretch the jets can remain competitive. With that said the season is on the line against the underperforming cardinals. Following the cardinals game is Ravens Browns Dolphins and Rams heading into bye. All winnable games. This season is not over but we are Certianly on the thinnest ice possible.

You mean that we can still Win the last game of the season and miss our franchise QB to the browns?

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I will never give up on this team and will root for a win each Sunday.shame on any jet fan pretender who won't do the same. Our players need hope right now not negativity 

Our players need a swift kick in their collective ass.  

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I will never give up on this team and will root for a win each Sunday.shame on any jet fan pretender who won't do the same. Our players need hope right now not negativity 

Our players need steroids, eight balls, coaching, and a heads up when drug testers come around. Is there anyone on the board that can send them some dehydrated clean samples of urine?

As stated before by myself and Mike Greenberg if the jets go 2-4 through this brutal 6 game stretch the jets can remain competitive. With that said the season is on the line against the underperforming cardinals. Following the cardinals game is Ravens Browns Dolphins and Rams heading into bye. All winnable games. This season is not over but we are Certianly on the thinnest ice possible.

Problem is we lost to the Bengals, Chiefs and Steelers.  Not only are we 1-4, but we probably will lose tie breakers. Also this team isn't losing like a good team losing because it's a tough schedule.  They look outclassed!  Sorry, I cannot drink Kool Aide and say we are still in it. Nothing positive to date to make me feel we can turn this around.  Certainly I would love to see it, but lets be realistic.

You lost me with the first eight words of your post.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Firstly, how could you watch this crap team over the past 3 weeks and talk about "winnable" games. My man, WE ARE the winnable game. Teams are circling the NYJ on their schedule with vociferous glee, not the other way around.

And while I admire your optimism, I shudder at your delusions. Last I checked, this team doesn't have a fresh Chad Pennington to come in off the bench and go 22/6 and turn this thing around. What we have right now, from coaching, to players, to roster depth, to decisions and schemes is giving me a feeling I haven't felt since that magical run from 1995-1996. 

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Under 20......Nobody is that googly-eyed who have followed the Jets for more than a decade.

That's what I was thinking.  Kinda feel bad now if I was beating up a kid.  He thinks we're damaged goods that don't believe in their team.  He's right.  What he doesn't know is that he will be the same in 20 years.

29 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

That's what I was thinking.  Kinda feel bad now if I was beating up a kid.  He thinks we're damaged goods that don't believe in their team.  He's right.  What he doesn't know is that he will be the same in 20 years.

We're watching a team that has a QB that might be just a little better than Hoyer. We have a RB on the wrong side of 30. We have receivers that can't play 60 in both Marshall & Decker (Decker has a hammy most of 2014) & now he's hurt again. Brandon though a great player can't keep his focus for an entire game.Mangold is too old to be here for the resurrection & Harris is an opposing QBs dream who Leonard Williams could beat in a 40 yard dash. We 3 all pro defensive tackles & no edge rushers. We have safeties who either can't run or can't tackle.

This teams an absolute Frankenstein & Macc has his work cut out for him. This is one of the SOFTEST teams I can remember. Their like Charmin out there.

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Like the optimism but we have a zombie HC. 

I have had Jets season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old.  This team reminds me of the 1995 and 1996 Jets team.  Kept it close and then imploded in the fourth quarter.  I hope the Jets somehow turn things around but I don't see it happening.  In 2002 we benched Vinny and brought in Chad.  This coach seems to stubborn to make any type of changes.

We have to realize that Maccagnan inherited a Jets team where John Idzik in 2014 had 13 draft selections and only 2 of those players are still on the team.  It will take several years to make up for that.  That still doesn't excuse him for blowing a second round pick on a QB who has to learn how to properly throw a football.  This organization hasn't had many good second round draft picks ever besides David Harris.  Last year he had some cap room to fill in holes but that doesn't last forever.  We also have a tendency to get head coaches who were formerly coordinators and are now learning on the job.  Todd Bowles is learning on the job.  Today was extremely frustrating with his fourth and 2 punt and his that Aristotle philosopher type response in the press conference. 

I had felt if we were 2-5 and could pull off 3 in a row we could be 5-5 facing a probably 7-3 Patriots team.  Problem is this team isn't even keeping it close.  These are some of the ugliest games I've ever seen and I've seen some awful Jets football over the years.

My dream of marrying Scarlett Johansson isn't over!

It was always going to be hard initially but I always said if I can get to 31 years old earning substantially less than her and being far less good looking than she is and then get myself to New York, there is a small chance. The dream is not over!

Archived