Time to switch QBs

Maxman

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

He's looked like that his whole career...what makes you think that's gonna 'shake off'?

3 years into his 'career' and he still has 'no confidence'?  Maybe there's a reason for that.

No he hasn't looked like this his whole career. Despite his poor play at times, you never felt like he lacked confidence. In preseason you saw the lack of confidence. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, August said:

Again, Geno could've looked like a prime Peyton Manning in OTA's and Mini Camp and they STILL would've tried to sign Fitzpatrick back. You know why? Because it's good PR. They couldn't risk starting the season with Geno and if the team starts off poorly with him out there, the fans and media would kill the team. 

If that was the case, then we have a problem with the GM and Coach....which we may very well have, guess we'll see.

Making decisions based on PR is never right.

But something tells me that wasn't the case....like the fact that Geno still isn't playing despite Fitz's suckage.

If Geno lights it up somewhere else I'll be here to give my mea culpas and take the heat.  I'm not too worried about that outcome, and the Jets CS isn't either apparently.

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If that was the case, then we have a problem with the GM and Coach....which we may very well have, guess we'll see.

Making decisions based on PR is never right.

But something tells me that wasn't the case....like the fact that Geno still isn't playing despite Fitz's suckage.

If Geno lights it up somewhere else I'll be here to give my mea culpas and take the heat.  I'm not too worried about that outcome, and the Jets CS isn't either apparently.

How long have you been following the team? Woody is very cognizant of how the team is perceived by the fans and media. They caved because they were afraid of the backlash if they didn't bring him back. Bowles is stubborn its that simple. He stuck with Cromartie all year despite him sucking last year. 

Just now, August said:

How long have you been following the team? Woody is very cognizant of how the team is perceived by the fans and media. They caved because they were afraid of the backlash if they didn't bring him back. Bowles is stubborn its that simple. He stuck with Cromartie all year despite him sucking last year. 

Ummm...since 1968 at the age of 9.  Been here for it all I suppose.

Just now, August said:

Or maybe because he was the better player than Marcus Williams. 

He hasn't benched Fitz because Geno is worse.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is officially Geno Smith time.

Let's try to win some games. Fitz isn't getting it done. The red zone problems are cause and effect. Teams are playing bend but don't break against us. So Fitz puts up good stats but can't close out drives.

Next.

Hitting the bottle a little hard in the RV tonight?  

SAR I

3 minutes ago, August said:

Decisions aren't always so complicated.. Sometimes they're wrong, but they're not always complicated...like wondering about what someone's or some entities 'worries' are...for PR purposes.

Sometimes the decisions are right in front of your face, based on observations.  Maybe they're the wrong decisions, but that needs to play out at this point.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hitting the bottle a little hard in the RV tonight?  

SAR I

Nope. I don't drink. 

If they want to start Hack next week I support it. I just don't want Fitz to start and Petty should start until he is ready.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Nope. I don't drink. 

If they want to start Hack next week I support it. I just don't want Fitz to start and Petty should start until he is ready.

I thought you were calling for Geno which would be hysterical. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I thought you were calling for Geno which would be hysterical. 

SAR I

I think Geno makes the most sense next week.

Like I said all offseason, start 16 guys if you have to. Once you rule a guy out on to the next. Fitz has been ruled out. Next.

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What is hysterical is seeing the fans defend Fitz in the guise of they're hate for Geno. 

I can't speak for others but I don't defend Fitzpatrick because I like him; I defend his performance because of the typical Jets fan witch hunt which tries to put the blame on one guy when our problems go way deeper. 

We have much bigger problems and no QB on the roster can solve them. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can't speak for others but I don't defend Fitzpatrick because I like him; I defend his performance because of the typical Jets fan witch hunt which tries to put the blame on one guy when our problems go way deeper. 

SAR I

Agreed we have more problems then just at QB, but having a competent QB masks a lot of the other issues. Look at the scores in the NFL these days , you win by scoring points lots of them. Pick any aspect of the team and you can find blame , but an offense that's scoring 30+ points a game solves a lot of those ills. 

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Agreed we have more problems then just at QB, but having a competent QB masks a lot of the other issues. Look at the scores in the NFL these days , you win by scoring points lots of them. Pick any aspect of the team and you can find blame , but an offense that's scoring 30+ points a game solves a lot of those ills. 

Exactly. How many drops did Pittsburgh's WR have? Didn't bother them at all. 

Meanwhile, Marshall drops a few and kills us.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Agreed, and if Geno Smith were capable of outperforming Ryan Fitzpatrick by a margin as to put up the amount of points needed to win games by overcoming our lousy defense I'd support him wholeheartedly. 

But the fact is he can't.  In fact, no quarterback on the roster can, so it is pointless to even discuss it.  Ryan, Geno, Bryce, Hack, makes no difference on the scoreboard.  A quarterback change is not what we need, it doesn't solve anything. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed, and if Geno Smith were capable of outperforming Ryan Fitzpatrick by a margin as to put up the amount of points needed to win games by overcoming our lousy defense I'd support him wholeheartedly. 

But the fact is he can't.  In fact, no quarterback on the roster can, so it is pointless to even discuss it.  Ryan, Geno, Bryce, Hack, makes no difference on the scoreboard.  A quarterback change is not what we need, it doesn't solve anything. 

SAR I

I'd sure like to see it proven wrong. Doing nothing is not acceptable. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is officially Geno Smith time.

Let's try to win some games. Fitz isn't getting it done. The red zone problems are cause and effect. Teams are playing bend but don't break against us. So Fitz puts up good stats but can't close out drives.

Next.

Guess I saw a different game than you.

What I saw was the worst, least effective, most over-rated and over-paid Defense in the NFL play as badly as a Defense could play.

A Defense that was supposed to be our driving force, and instead is out worst unit, hands down.

No QB pressure whatsoever from our "elite" D-Line.

Not a single guy could cover a cripple in the DBackfield.

Linebackers playing two-steps-too-slow all day long.

I saw horrible ineffective running from our O-line and Forte.

I saw at least six drops.  Six hit both hands drops.

And I saw a QB being exactly what it says on the tin.

I also saw some of the worst Coaching and playcalling I've seen in ages.

If you think a QB switch will fix the disaster this season has shown itself to be.....well, I guess living in a fantasy is better than living in reality after a day and season like this.

Sadly for you all, it's not going to happen.  But best of luck with those windmills.

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Fitz is careless with the football. He fumbled again today. There are plenty of problems on the roster but winning the turnover battle is a great place to start.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What I saw was the worst, least effective, most over-rated and over-paid Defense in the NFL play as badly as a Defense could play.

A Defense that was supposed to be our driving force, and instead is out worst unit, hands down.

If you think a QB switch will fix the disaster this season has shown itself to be.....well, I guess living in a fantasy is better than living in reality after a day and season like this.

Sadly for you all, it's not going to happen.  

We watched the same game. In another thread I outlined a 3 point accountability plan:

1. Change at the QB position (the offense has scored 33 points in 3 games)

2. Change in the secondary

3. Change with the defensive strategy \ game plan creation

For the first point, sit Fitz. For the 2nd one I am not sure. Bench someone...Marcus Williams, or one of the safeties. For the 3rd point, I am not a fan of firing coordinators in-season but there has to be something done. Kacy or Bowles...work out what is changing, but change something.

You are 1 and 4. This isn't over reacting. It is sending an accountability message.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sadly for you all, it's not going to happen.  

I'm not absolving the D , but I saw them get stops on the first few possesions of the 2nd half.  If the O goes down and scores a TD , the momentum of the game shifts.  This is when the anointed QB needs to step up and carry the team - I sat on my couch and watched nothing like a retired Peyton Manning.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Please, explain this... "what it says on the tin..."??

what does that mean?

Buy a dictionary.

I'm done debating the QB position.  You want Geno to start, great, convince Bowles to start Geno.  I honestly could give a **** at this stage.

Wake me when our supposedly elite Defense stops being amongst the worst and least effective in the NFL.

Just now, Warfish said:

Buy a dictionary.

I'm done debating the QB position.  You want Geno to start, great, convince Bowles to start Geno.  I honestly could give a **** at this stage.

Wake me when our supposedly elite Defense stops being amongst the worst and least effective in the NFL.

I understand the words, they just don't make much sense. I was offering you the chance to make them seem less moronic.

And I'll eat my hat if this post is your last comment in the Great NY Jets QB debate.

As far as "my" elite defense goes, don't try to make me its cheerleader to disguise how utterly stupid your comments are.

Archived