Would The Apologists Please Stop

KRL

It's amazing to read some of the stories in the media today "applauding" Fitzpatrick and
his performance yesterday.  Are people's standards so low for a QB that if he doesn't turn
the ball over 3+ times it's a "good day".  Stop!!!  Over the past three games Fitzpatrick
has led the offense to ZERO points in the second half.  The TD scored against SEA doesn't 
count because it came off a fumble in which everybody stopped and Peake picked it up.
Other ridiculous issues:

- Can we stop being cute on 3 and 1's???  Do we really have to have an empty backfield with
five WR's to pick up a stinking yard???  How about a simple QB sneak so we can continue the
drive???  When they pulled that on the first drive of the game and we had to settle for a
FG I knew we were in trouble

- Did the DLine travel from Florham Park to PIT???  Because I never saw them!!!  Is Wilkerson
tired from taking his signing bonus to the bank???  Because he hasn't done anything since the
CIN game.  All he's doing is proving the point that he's NOT an impact player just a good player

- Why in the world is Richardson still playing OLB???  I thought that nonsense was over last year.
If Bowles can't come up with a better scheme than that then I think it's time for us to trade him
to HOU for a "Bradford haul"

- Marcus Williams has exposed himself as a #4 CB, someone who can come in for limited reps with
the sub packages and play the #4 or #5 WR.  Then he can float around and make plays when he's not
being challenged.  He's not good enough to play #2 or #3 WR's that's obvious.  If Coates wasn't
such a scrub he could've had 10+ catches for over 200 yards

- And can Marshall just catch the ball!!!  I've never seen a WR make such tough catches then drop
balls right in his hands.  How many games could've turned this year if he just hung onto the ball?  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fibonacci said:

Preach KRL. I am so disgusted right now that I didn't watch or listen any sports programming since yesterday. 

I wish we didn't sign Fitzy and didn't extend Mo. We would have 22 mil still in the books and we wouldn't be worse than now. 

Thats exactly what I and a few others actually said last year.   Love MO..but im having difficulty finding a team with all the cash tied up on the D-Line who is a dominant force because of that. The Broncos of course but they are better , younger and faster all around.

We have officially hit ROCK BOTTOM.  Bobba Gump Bowles is pathetic.

it was actually good for the jets to get creamed and not turn it over, b/c it shows how many other problems are causing them to lose.  

i'll say this about the offense, it looks like they're trying and locked in.  it is noticeably worse w/o decker but w/o mangold and winters they're clearly shorthanded, but they're not out of position, they're fighting for yards.  the defense is consistently burned and out of position and plays with such a lack of fire or urgency that it really is an indictment of the HC.  the offense has taken on fitz's personality, the little engine that tries but simply can't; the defense has bowles' personality, which is nothing, absolutely nothing.

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

It's amazing to read some of the stories in the media today "applauding" Fitzpatrick and
his performance yesterday.  Are people's standards so low for a QB that if he doesn't turn
the ball over 3+ times it's a "good day".  Stop!!!  Over the past three games Fitzpatrick
has led the offense to ZERO points in the second half.  The TD scored against SEA doesn't 
count because it came off a fumble in which everybody stopped and Peake picked it up.
Other ridiculous issues:

- Can we stop being cute on 3 and 1's???  Do we really have to have a empty backfield with
five WR's to pick up a stinking yard???  How about a simple QB sneak so we can continue the
drive???  When they pulled that on the first drive of the game and we had to settle for a

- Did the DLine travel from Florham Park to PIT???  Because I never saw them!!!  Is Wilkerson
tired from taking his signing bonus to the bank???  Because he hasn't done anything since the
CIN game.  All he's doing is proving the point that he's NOT an impact player just a good player

- Why in the world is Richardson still playing OLB???  I thought that nonsense was over last year.
If Bowles can't come up with a better scheme than that then I think it's time for us to trade him

- Marcus Williams has exposed himself as a #4 CB, someone who can come in for limited reps with
the sub packages and play the #4 or #5 WR.  Then he can float around and make plays when he's not
being challenged.  He's not good enough to play #2 or #3 WR's that's obvious.  If Coates wasn't

- And can Marshall just catch the ball!!!  I've never seen a WR make such tough catches then drop
balls right in his hands.  How many games could've turned this year if he just hung onto the ball?  

The entire team is under-performing right now.  It's embarrassing.

If I'm Bowles, I start Petty as soon as he can throw the football.  

This defense should be ashamed of itself because after that NYG pre-season game it looked like
they were locked in and ready to dominate.  They made Manning look like a rookie, shut out Beckham
and didn't allow NYG past midfield until deep in the 3rd quarter.  They sure duped me

Good post all agreed on.

Tired of seeing a stoic Bowles on the sideline as everything falls apart around him. Show me that you care, a little.

Team looks slow, especially at RB where Forte looks like he's wearing cement cleats.

Secondary is disgusting and the lack of a pass rush makes it 100 times worse.

The Dline play yesterday against a banged up Oline was predictable. Horrible.

Team is tough to watch.

1 minute ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Good post all agreed on.

Tired of seeing a stoic Bowles on the sideline as everything falls apart around him. Show me that you care, a little.

Team looks slow, especially at RB where Forte looks like he's wearing cement cleats.

Secondary is disgusting and the lack of a pass rush makes it 100 times worse.

The Dline play yesterday against a banged up Oline was predictable. Horrible.

Team is tough to watch.

i think forte is ok, the line is bad w/o mangold and winters.  but the offense is trying, unlike the defense.  the offense has inferior weapons with fitz.  the defense has talent.  these guys would be playing better for other teams.  there are about 6 or 7 guys on defense who would be great on other teams.

11 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Smith Fans are the worst.  A whiny bunch on top of everything else, as if they needed to top themselves.

Ayyyy-yup...

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Geno Smith has had 29 starts in the NFL and people act like he's an untapped talent. 

Mmmm hmmm...

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

As if you have to be a Geno Smith fan to not think Ryan Fitzpatrick is good by any measure.

Not the point. The point is we all know Fitz sucks, but ... well, look at Tom's post again. It says it all. Having to have to listen to their day-in, day-out whining about a reality they've manufactured out of popsicle sticks, hypotheticals, and insecurity is the part that makes them insufferable. 

All too true! The problems have been mounting up to one big pile of Jet poop. I've tried to be positive and have good expectations for this team. On paper the talent seems to be there, and I had been supportive of the coaching staff up to this point. However, a coach can't get up at the presser every week and say we got to fix it, got to do better and continue to have the same results. It's time for a shake up. Bowles is unfortunately not going anywhere, I doubt Gailey will either at least until the season is over. The coaching at this point is suspect to say the least. The Jets went with Fitz as a CYA move since they would not put the season on Geno's shoulders. And Fitz has shown exactly what everyone knew he was. And he is performing as expected IMO. At this point it seems the CS is out of answers to the competition they face each week. The D-line had no pressure against a banged up Pitt O-line. What happened to the Blitz? 4-3 scheme doesn't seem to be working. Secondary is awful. Offensive play scheme is putting it all on FItz. Run the dam ball. Run to our strengths. Don't run into the middle of the line. It's not working. Off tackle, sweeps, wildcat, rope a dope, something man. Anything. I feel like a Brady football....deflated. 

9 minutes ago, KRL said:

This defense should be ashamed of itself because after that NYG pre-season game it looked like
they were locked in and ready to dominate.  They made Manning look like a rookie, shut out Beckham
and didn't allow NYG past midfield until deep in the 3rd quarter.  They sure duped me

They duped all of us. 

Serious question, is anyone actually "apologizing" for any aspect of the team at this point? I've seen a pretty steady stream of hot dump... 

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

Other ridiculous issues:

- Can we stop being cute on 3 and 1's???  Do we really have to have an empty backfield with

Well said, KRL..I'd add Pryor to the list of movable players to another team before the trade deadline. I know the NFL doesn't work like MLB, NBA etc...but we can hope...

And I'll add this...Last year when the Jets went into their mid-season funk. IIRC they came out of it once Coples was released. i.e. wakeup call for the rest of the team

I agree with everything in the OP except for the points on Marshall. 

The man has been playing despite his leg being almost torn up and he still has been catching the tough catches.  The fact is WRs drop passes and Marshall is the best impact player on the team and it is not even close.  

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree with everything in the OP except for the points on Marshall. 

The man has been playing despite his leg being almost torn up and he still has been catching the tough catches.  The fact is WRs drop passes and Marshall is the best impact player on the team and not even close.  

He has to make that 3rd down catch at the 30..He's wide open. He drops one of these every game. I know this will be taken the wrong way, but IF he is that "banged up" he shouldn't be playing ping pong..Great cause but your job is to play football...Just sayin"

19 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Smith Fans are the worst.  A whiny bunch on top of everything else, as if they needed to top themselves.

I'd say you and your ilk are a vomitous pack of vultures.

For months you berated, chastised, and flooded these boards with Geno Smith hate and name-calling for anyone who dared question Fitz.

Now that your entire platform has come crumbling down, and all those people you tried to bully have been proven 100% right, you have the audacity to act like it's anyone but your pack of freaks that have been doing the whining.

Like I said..  a vile bunch.  The lot of you.

17 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

As if you have to be a Geno Smith fan to not think Ryan Fitzpatrick is good by any measure.

It's all Smith Fans want to talk about.  Isn't that silly?  It's a team sport, and Fitzpatrick was not the reason the Jets lost yesterday.  Smith Fans in any event are irrelevant since he will not see the field barring injury.  TIme to think about something else, but people like the OP continue to pollute these boards with their narrow and wrong pov.

Also the reason why Gailey has gone to a 5 WR set is because teams have stacked the box against the Jets and flooded the intermediate stuff daring the Jets to throw it.  

Opposing teams know that Fitz is turn over prone down the field and offensive  schemes can't mask that.  This is why it is so important when we hear that "so and so can make all the throws" of an NFL QB.

Because when you can't make all the throws your team is subject to being shut down because of defensive schemes that make the QB attempt to make plays where he is the least effective. And that is why Fitz played the game of his life against Buffalo and why Rex and Rob refused to change during that game because they never believed that Fitz was going to beat them consistently deep and he did but that game was clearly an aberration and Fitz has returned to his norm.  

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He has to make that 3rd down catch at the 30..He's wide open. He drops one of these every game. I know this will be taken the wrong way, but IF he is that "banged up" he shouldn't be playing ping pong..Great cause but your job is to play football...Just sayin"

You are right on that play. Marshall should catch that but he is not even close to being the reason why the Jets are not winning games this year.

Could you imagine what the offense would be without Marshall out there? 

Think he outplayed Sherman all day last week. Imagine what would have happen if we had accurate QB play or he wasn't out there?

Smith fans? What does this have to do with Smith? We suck, is that not obvious? Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks, is that not obvious? We need a franchise QB. Period. Nothing else matters until we secure a franchise QB. Period. You can have all the players in the world, if you do not have a franchise QB you will not make it all the way and you will not have sustained success. Period.

Is Bryce Petty a franchise QB? Don't know? Throw his ass out there and let's find out. He's hurt? Fine, throw Havkenburg's ass out there and let's find out. Oh he's not ready yet? Bullsh*t. You think the soldiers storming Normandy Beach were ready for that? Please. The mettle of men is best determine when you forge them against the grinding wheel. If Hack wants this and has the mental makeup to handle it, then there is no issue starting him. If he doesn't, then there's no point going forward. He needs to learn the game? Does Dak Prescott really know more about NFL defenses than Hack? If so, get Hack out of here. The point of this season alone should be determining if Petty or Hack can be our franchise QB. If not, draft anther one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Especially considering the whining that fool does pretty much all day long... LOL "smith fans"... get the fûck outta here with that nonsense...

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ayyyy-yup...

Mmmm hmmm...

Not the point. The point is we all know Fitz sucks, but ... well, look at Tom's post again. It says it all. Having to have to listen to their day-in, day-out whining about a reality they've manufactured out of popsicle sticks, hypotheticals, and insecurity is the part that makes them insufferable. 

I'm not a Geno Smith fan, and the OP had nothing to do with Geno Smith. I hate to bring up "haters" and "lovers" because if you use the word "hater" to shrug off criticism, you are a fool. That's slightly off topic, but there is middle ground, and I've been saying it since the offseason. Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick are both dogsh*t. I don't agree when someone says anything positive about either QB, because there is nothing good to say about either QB.

When a team gets piss poor QB'ing, these are the results. Time for a change at QB. The Jets are in a tough position to go to the playoffs at this time. This franchise should have been looking to the future. Instead they looked to last season. They price was too high then and certainly this season looks to be going down the tubes.

No way Geno performs this bad week in and week out. He can sling darts and throw deep. He also makes the same read(s)!as Fitz does for,less money. Right now Geno gives the Jets a punchers chance at winning. Fitz is punched out and taking the Jets with him.

Enough already. I hope that the Fitz brigade understands why the rest of th fan base wanted no part of him. Particularly after he held out for so long. Still find it hard to understand how this guy could hold out on the Jets and they sign him for more money than what they offed at first. 

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

At least Jetfan80 had the common sense to go dark when his hero was exposed.  These other Fitz soldiers should gather their torches and pitchforks, tuck their tails between their legs, and take a 3 day hiatus.

To be fair he really didn't go dark. He was lighting it up in the 100,000 post thread. Better contribution to this board than you ever made. Not even close.

11 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

It's all Smith Fans want to talk about.  Isn't that silly?  It's a team sport, and Fitzpatrick was not the reason the Jets lost yesterday.  Smith Fans in any event are irrelevant since he will not see the field barring injury.  TIme to think about something else, but people like the OP continue to pollute these boards with their narrow and wrong pov.

I think it's pretty clear that Fitzpatrick wouldn't be seeing the field from here on either if we had a head coach that understood the QB position. But that's besides the point. They both suck. Also, the OP didn't mention Geno Smith.

Archived