What would happen to Dak Presscot if he was drafted by Jets this year?

Fibonacci

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

He would be told "Hold the clipboard kid. Beard is the savior." 

Anybody think different? 

It's beyond belief Mac let this kid slip right thru his fingers. Prior to the draft there were swirling rumors Mac would grab Prescott.  But in classic NY Jets GM form, with the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft the NYJets select (are you ****in kidding me) Christian Suckenberg. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Dak has looked very solid, but let's not even act like the Jets offensive line and the Cowboys offensive line are even on the same planet. Not to mention none of the Jets running backs are even close to Zeke. He's also throwing to an all time great tight end. Oh. And Dallas' defense is playing much better than the poor excuse of a defense the Jets have. 

So even if the Jets drafted Dak this offseason and he overtook the  starting QB spot for the Jets, the success he's found would not have been replicated here, no matter how good he's looked in Dallas. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Would just like to point out that there is no way to answer this question without exposing yourself to at least one of many depressing fundamental failures of the Jets franchise.

Let's compile the worst NY Jets roster ever. Trust me this will make us all feel better. I'll start: Coach, Rich Kottite, QB, Geno Smith 

5 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

He would be told "Hold the clipboard kid. Beard is the savior." 

Anybody think different? 

He was the "hold the clipboard kid" in Dallas until Romo got hurt.  What's the point, other than the one on top of your head? 

Prescott continues to impress me. Watched the whole Dallas game yesterday. True, Dallas has a great O-line but that's not to say he would be a bust on the Jets. Jets have the receiver squad and he's pretty smart for a rookie and makes good decisions and throws. The transition of college QB's to the Pro's is more times than not a crap shoot. Whether he became a project in the Jets mind or not, the kid has got great skills and talent. Mac's job is to get these players on the team. He missed it. Hack is not the player Dak is. Whether he ends up being as good as Prescott, we'll need a couple more years for that answer. And that really sucks. We needed support in the QB position this year.

7 hours ago, Powpow said:

It's beyond belief Mac let this kid slip right thru his fingers. Prior to the draft there were swirling rumors Mac would grab Prescott.  But in classic NY Jets GM form, with the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft the NYJets select (are you ****in kidding me) Christian Suckenberg. 

At this point it's as if they are doing it in purpose.  I mean seriously.

7 hours ago, Powpow said:

This post is the perfect example of wholly disconnecting reality to make an argument. "It's beyond belief Mac let this kid slip right thru his fingers" right along with every other team at least twice in the draft. Having over half a year of time and experience seeing him play in the NFL makes it unsurprisingly simple to look back at the draft and feign shock that any team failed to draft the best performing rookies immediately. Nobody, Dallas included, thought he would be this good or he would have been snatched up in the first round.

The key to the QB drafts are can the draft picks make in in the NFL. It's always an unknown. Brady went I think in the 6th round. Many 1st round picks never amounted to anything. With that being said it was clear by Hacks last 2 years in college that he was a project, a big project. Granted he had a crappy O-LINE in college but developed many bad habits that he will be trying to correct for some time. Mac should have realized that and went elsewhere. Hindsight being 20/20 at this point.

22 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

This post is the perfect example of wholly disconnecting reality to make an argument. "It's beyond belief Mac let this kid slip right thru his fingers" right along with every other team at least twice in the draft. Having over half a year of time and experience seeing him play in the NFL makes it unsurprisingly simple to look back at the draft and feign shock that any team failed to draft the best performing rookies immediately. Nobody, Dallas included, thought he would be this good or he would have been snatched up in the first round.

Even the Dallas organization who has Romo had the insight to try and groom a highly skilled QB in choosing Prescott. The fact that he has had success so quickly only proves how inept so many GM's are who are desperate for QB's.   The conversation regarding his skills set was there.  Most teams passed since they have decent to good to great QB's. We on the other hand have zip, zilch, nada. The reality is you're a lousy GM as is Mac. 

Just now, Powpow said:

Even the Dallas organization who has Romo had the insight to try and groom a highly skilled QB in choosing Prescott. The fact that he has had success so quickly only proves how inept so many GM's are.  The conversation regarding his skills set was there.  Most teams passed since they have decent to good to great QB's. We on the other hand have zip, zilch, nada. The reality is you're a lousy GM. 

Uhhh.. Cleveland, Chicago, 

30 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

The key to the QB drafts are can the draft picks make in in the NFL. It's always an unknown. Brady went I think in the 6th round. Many 1st round picks never amounted to anything. With that being said it was clear by Hacks last 2 years in college that he was a project, a big project. Granted he had a crappy O-LINE in college but developed many bad habits that he will be trying to correct for some time. Mac should have realized that and went elsewhere. Hindsight being 20/20 at this point.

Duh. Thank you. And he spent a 2nd round pick on him when he was clearly not going anywhere before round 4. Presscott was being considered by Mac but he chickened out. At least he's a coffee conessiiur. Maybe he can recommend some good coffee to keep me awake while watching the dreadful talent on this feeble team.

25 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He would crumble under the pressure of being the savior. No pressure on him in Dallas

There is probably more pressure in Dallas with that lunatic Jerry Jones running that place than anyplace else in the NFL.

Presscot has done a good job. He is not turning the ball over and he has letting the best OL in football and probably one of the best RB's in the game handle alot of the load.

Sound familiar ? 

20 minutes ago, jackhuntr said:

At least we're not the Rams who's sold the farm to get Goff who's about as useful as Hack right now.

We're not far behind.  We didnt sell the farm and our draft picks are still not very useful.  10 years in a row of blown 2nd rounders?  Half our 1st rounders are not difference makers or are gone.   

Dak Prescott to me gives the NFL hope.  A 4th rounder, playing in a system, can be a difference maker.  Build a solid team, around a QB who respects the ball. (not Geno, Not Mark, Not Fitz and NOT Romo) and you can win.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets had drafted prescott he would be a clip board holder just like he would have been if Romo had never been hurt.  As a matter of fact he'd probably be 4th string.

Which is so troubling. Why the fukk did we use a 2nd if we're not done with Petty?  If he's not going to play?

If this continues, we'll have five 2nd round QB's on our roster and none will play.  

Jet handling of Prescott:  Immediately added to practice squad.  Released in two years having never played in a game.  New team immediately announces him as their starter. Leads his new team to Super Bowl victory that year.  Jets draft another QB who is fourth on the depth chart.  Drafted QB dded to practice squad....

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Which is so troubling. Why the fukk did we use a 2nd if we're not done with Petty?  If he's not going to play?

If this continues, we'll have five 2nd round QB's on our roster and none will play.  

Petty is not the name that should be in your post but rather Geno.  If Petty had not been hurt Geno might be gone by now.  In any case the team is stuck in the delusion of rebuilding while still being competitive.  The only works if you already have your long term QB.

It depends. Prescott clearly has talent. You can’t play as well as he has with smoke and mirrors. He’s good. But he’s in the right situation. His offensive line is the best in the league and he has a great rushing attack to back it up. That helps take pressure off a rookie QB. We had that in 09-10 but we had Sanchez so it got wasted.

I don’t know if Prescott would be as successful here as quickly as he’s had success in Dallas because the Jets just aren’t as good. Especially along the offensive line. But he would definitely be a good player for the Jets assuming he would be developed properly.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Petty is not the name that should be in your post but rather Geno.  If Petty had not been hurt Geno might be gone by now.  In any case the team is stuck in the delusion of rebuilding while still being competitive.  The only works if you already have your long term QB.

Why is this a delusion? IMO, it seems to be the only way to have a lengthy front office career in this town. In any sport.

Plus I would consider finding your long term QB part of said rebuild

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Why is this a delusion? IMO, it seems to be the only way to have a lengthy front office career in this town. In any sport.

Did you miss my comment about the QB?  If you are a team like the Pats you can essentially rebuild 3 times all the while having Brady.  Pitt with Roeths have essentially had one full rebuild.  If you have your franchise guy or even a good long term Qb you can stay competitive, be relevant and rebuild thus having enough success to stick around.  If you have no QB your team will fail enough that you will get canned and with no Qb you end up being like the Jets the last number of years with some good players that teases the playoffs to some extent.

I'm all for trying to win as many games as possible each season but if you are making decisions to stay competitive that will hurt your team long term that is a problem.  (For the jets this past year singing some vet free agents when we were going to be in line for multiple comp picks was a big mistake imo.  Trying to be competitive head of the rebuild.)

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He would crumble under the pressure of being the savior. No pressure on him in Dallas

No pressure in Dallas?  Being the QB of America's favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys with their storied history is less pressure than being the QB of the sh*tty New York Jets?

This alternate world you live in, it intrigues me. 

Just now, JiF said:

No pressure in Dallas?  Being the QB of America's favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys with their stories history is less of a pressure cooker than being the QB of the New York Jets?

This alternate world you live in, it intrigues me. 

Pressure yes, but they seem way better at tolerating incompetence in Big D. Maybe a handful of Super Bowl rings help?  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Pressure yes, but they seem way better at tolerating incompetence in Big D. Maybe a handful of Super Bowl rings help?  

I dont know about that.  They're high profile.  A prime time team.  Their owner is their GM and one of the most identifiable people in the all the NFL.  While he is good to his players, you're in the lime light there and he's public about it.  Nobody gives a **** about the sh*tty the Jets because they suck and havent won a Super Bowl in 50 years.  Those Super Bowl rings bring expectations.  Nobody expects anything from the sh*tty Jets. 

Archived