Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Oh brother not again. I take it they fired you coming up with such feeble overwrought arguments and ridiculous claims of Del Rio being a blessing to Carr is just hilarious. 

Del Rio isn't Bellicheck, but he was an experienced head coach whom understood how to handle a young QB. Del Rio is definitely a top 15 Head Coach in this league. 

Amari, Crabs, and that line is what made the biggest difference obviously.

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So I guess you're ok with Fitz leading the offense to another 3 points on Sunday. What's so bad about giving Geno a shot? Maybe, just maybe, the team will perform better than it has during the last 4 weeks of garbage football that we have been subjected to. I support this QB change.

How a professional team would have executed this:

1. Start by not repeating the same mistakes as the last three regimes by thinking early success is the same as sustainable success.

2. Let Fitz walk. Tell every reporter and media member who comes through the facility that the Jets are rebuilding.

3. Start Geno for six games. When he failed, give Petty the next six. If he failed, give Hack the last four. 

4. Go into 2017 with either a young QB with some experience or the knowledge that you now have a high pick and need to draft a young QB with it.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because he WAS an a$$hole, and its well documented.

That team led by Pennington had a loaded roster built by Bill Parcells.  Chad Pennington was a 1st round pick and a heavily paid QB, yet sucked whenever we needed him the most.  He was no better, and actually worse, than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Pennington was better than Fitz...suspect you're more down on Chad because you had more hope than any team with Fitz.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Pennington was better than Fitz...suspect you're more down on Chad because you had more hope than any team with Fitz.

No, Pennington was legit awful. Somehow history has been kind to him in JetLand, but it shouldn't be.  People are pissed and I get that, but no reason to exalt Pennington in an effort to rip Fitz.

Not to mention, ranking sh*tty QBs isn't really a fun exercise. My original point is that this organization sucks at identifying QBs, and that's where the anger should be directed.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, Pennington was legit awful. Somehow history has been kind to him in JetLand, but it shouldn't be. 

Fitz is god awful...either way...time to let it go...both leave us all wanting more...I'd love to see Geno show something or Petty's preseason tease have legs...or hoping Hack has a future...good season to ride each horse and find a lead dog this team desperately needs.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is how Ryan Fitzpatrick prepared in the off season

Image result for ryan fitzpatrick rubik's cube pics

In all honesty, when he got signed he went on the Michael Kay show and said the only off-season work he did was throw a football around in his backyard with his brother.

That was not a joke.

11 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Del Rio isn't Bellicheck, but he was an experienced head coach whom understood how to handle a young QB. Del Rio is definitely a top 15 Head Coach in this league. 

Amari, Crabs, and that line is what made the biggest difference obviously.

Del Rio was good player but is a lousy head coach and knows squat about raising a QB. What Del Rio has had is the luxury of playing numerous high draft picks from a GM who has not squandered them.  Getting back to the issue, it's a joke Mac is going to Geno. If he had any balls he'd just start Hack. Geno does nothing to the purpose of this team. It's not even a matter of performance, it's a matter of now moving forward and rebuilding. Geno will not be resigned.  What's the point of playing him. He'll win a few meaningless games, lose a few they should win. Who cares.  There are 10 games left in the season. Better to let Hack and Petty gain some experience than waste them on the POS Smith. Let Hack take his bumps. Babysitting time is over. 

Just now, Powpow said:

Del Rio was good player but is a lousy head coach and knows squat about raising a QB. What Del Rio has had is the luxury of playing numerous high draft picks from a GM who has not squandered them.  Getting back to the issue, it's a joke Mac is going to Geno. If he had any balls he'd just start Hack. Geno does nothing to the purpose of this team. It's not even a matter of performance, it's a matter of now moving forward and rebuilding. Geno will not be resigned.  What's the point of playing him. He'll win a few meaningless games, lose a few they should win. Who cares.  There are 10 games left in the season. Better to let Hack and Petty gain some experience than waste them on the POS Smith. Let Hack take his bumps. Babysitting time is over. 

Geno needs to be re-evaluated with this coaching staff.

Hack is not ready for probably another 6 weeks.

Give Geno until the Bye. He fails, go to Petty. Give Petty until week 14. If he fails, go to Hack for the final 3 games of the season.

9 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Geno needs to be re-evaluated with this coaching staff.

Hack is not ready for probably another 6 weeks.

Give Geno until the Bye. He fails, go to Petty. Give Petty until week 14. If he fails, go to Hack for the final 3 games of the season.

Re-evaluated? LOL. ? it doesn't matter if he even does well. Which he won't. He'll play sh*tty to fair. This team sucks. Maybe has a bit more offense to it than a few years back but the defense is atrocious. The OL can't run block or protect. Geno will be running backwards ?. This team is going backwards. Cut the crap. Start Hack. Get him a few games. When Petty is up to speed give him somes games. Then, RE-EVALUATE.

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

I think you're wrong here.  The Jets were always going to have to move from Fitz to Geno before they got Petty some run, since passing over Geno would have been a locker room disaster waiting to happen.

I respect your opinion.  I do not agree.

Had Petty not been hurt, and Macc actually had a pair of balls on him, Geno would/should (IMO) have been cut at the end of camp.

And I don;t think a single player in our locker room would have given a sh...poop.

I don't "expect" Petty to play at all, it's simply not a sure thing.

If Geno plays moderately well, and we win a moderate amount of (now meaningless) games, I don't doubt Geno may be given the rest of the year.

And may even be resigned.

Because we're the Jets.  It's what we do.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Re-evaluated? LOL. ? it doesn't matter if he even does well. Which he won't. He'll play sh*tty to fair. This team sucks. Maybe has a bit more offense to it than a few years back but the defense is atrocious. The OL can't run block or protect. Geno will be running backwards ?. This team is going backwards. Cut the crap. Start Hack. Get him a few games. When Petty is up to speed give him domes games. Then, RE-EVALUATE.

As you see it wont the team with suck with Petty and Hack too? 

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Re-evaluated? LOL. ? it doesn't matter if he even does well. Which he won't. He'll play sh*tty to fair. This team sucks. Maybe has a bit more offense to it than a few years back but the defense is atrocious. The OL can't run block or protect. Geno will be running backwards ?. This team is going backwards. Cut the crap. Start Hack. Get him a few games. When Petty is up to speed give him somes games. Then, RE-EVALUATE.

It's foolish to think Hack would be given a starting job when he barely got any live reps in practice all summer and is now only getting scout reps. Think like a GM, not fanatic.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

As you see it wont the team with suck with Petty and Hack too? 

Fair question. Yes  they will suck with any of the qb's on the roster. Hate to say this but Geno gives them the best chance to win right now. But that's like saying you'd compromise your taste in women and go on a date with Oprah.  I'd rather just get the kiddies some experience. The season is over already. Geno is just going to take opportunity away from the kiddies and screw up our draft position with a few meaningless wins. 

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Fair question. Yes  they will suck with any of the qb's on the roster. Hate to say this but Geno gives them the best chance to win right now. But that's like saying you'd compromise your taste in women and go on a date with Oprah.  I'd rather just get the kiddies some experience. The season is over already. Geno is just going to take opportunity away from the kiddies and screw up our draft position with a few meaningless wins. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has re-wrote the book on NY Jets bad QB's 

Image result for ryan fitzpatrick benched pics

28 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It sure can't be any worse than watching a 12 million dollar scrub play like a high schooler.. The geno haters can have fun sitting with their fitz jerseys and root against the jets

That's an insult to high-schoolers.

5 minutes ago, Mecca said:

It's foolish to think Hack would be given a starting job when he barely got any live reps in practice all summer and is now only getting scout reps. Think like a GM, not fanatic.

The GM doesn't even think like a GM. I'm thinking like a reasonably, well adjusted fan - 47 years and counting!!!! 

Just now, Powpow said:

The GM doesn't even think like a GM. I'm thinking like a reasonably, well adjusted fan - 47 years and counting!!!! 

Well, this is why long time fans don't become GM's. 

Seeing Hackenberg before week 12 is not going to happen. .1%

Archived