Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Your opinion, nothing more.  At this point it doesn't really matter; Geno is auditioning for his next team and hopefully some of our young receivers can play well with him furthering their development.    Barring something miraculous, Petty will get his shot in few weeks and I know all Jet fans will be rooting for him to do well. 

I am one of the biggest, if not the biggest, advocates of logic here. I don't need to be told when my opinion is an opinion.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I respect your opinion.  I do not agree.

Had Petty not been hurt, and Macc actually had a pair of balls on him, Geno would/should (IMO) have been cut at the end of camp.

And I don;t think a single player in our locker room would have given a sh...poop.

I don't "expect" Petty to play at all, it's simply not a sure thing.

If Geno plays moderately well, and we win a moderate amount of (now meaningless) games, I don't doubt Geno may be given the rest of the year.

And may even be resigned.

Because we're the Jets.  It's what we do.

I hear that.  I don't think Geno was ever on the chopping block.  The Jets felt like they were going to contend this year, and they weren't comfortable with Petty taking over a team that still had a playoff shot (that's why they're going through the charade of going to Geno now - can't throw in the towel on the season, which is how the move to Petty would be read, without incensing the vets).  Geno was always going to be kept as an injury replacement for Fitz if the Jets were contending.

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This is the funniest bs I have read all week thanks man ??

4 hours ago, Pac said:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Their actions would say the opposite.  Wasnt Geno was the back up in game 3 of the preseason, not Petty? And they played Petty in game 4, not Geno?

I do agree though, right now with the season at this stage...if Petty was healthy they might skip Geno and go to him.  I doubt it but they might.  

So... how is it you goofballs convince yourselves of illogical Pollyanna nonsense when coach/GM actions say otherwise about Geno, but challenge it for anyone else?

Suckers. LOL

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So... how is it you goofballs convince yourselves of illogical Pollyanna nonsense when coach/GM actions say otherwise about Geno, but challenge it for anyone else?

Suckers. LOL

So what do the coach/Gm's actions say when they played Petty in PS game 4 - please explain that. 

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Suckers. LOL

I don't know how people are so stupid and don't realize this was the plan all along. But you get these dreamers thinking petty was coming in next ? This guy was right on 2 weeks ago, and it all compares to what Bowles/Mac have said. 

Geno Smith would be next in line to replace Fitzpatrick and begin receiving more practice reps with the starters, sources said, with the organization committed to a long-term vision with youngsters Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, who need to continue to learn the offense and are not yet ready to play. Much is being made of the abundance of rookie or novice quarterbacks to shine this season, but the Jets view each of those situations as different. They believe for the ultimate development of Petty and Hackenberg, and where they are at this stage, it is much more prudent for them to remain in depth roles even if Fitzpatrick continues to sputter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-fitzpatrick-is-playing-for-his-job-while-geno-smith-waits-in-the-wings/

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don't know how people are so stupid and don't realize this was the plan all along. But you get these dreamers thinking petty was coming in next ? This guy was right on 2 weeks ago, and it all compares to what Bowles/Mac have said. 

Geno Smith would be next in line to replace Fitzpatrick and begin receiving more practice reps with the starters, sources said, with the organization committed to a long-term vision with youngsters Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, who need to continue to learn the offense and are not yet ready to play. Much is being made of the abundance of rookie or novice quarterbacks to shine this season, but the Jets view each of those situations as different. They believe for the ultimate development of Petty and Hackenberg, and where they are at this stage, it is much more prudent for them to remain in depth roles even if Fitzpatrick continues to sputter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-fitzpatrick-is-playing-for-his-job-while-geno-smith-waits-in-the-wings/

lol, dude... I was baiting the blatant double-standard 

Yes he did the offense picked up speed immediately there was no drag ass QB under center telegraphing passes getting WR's hammered the team looked improved in the short span we saw Geno Smith under center. 

Yeah it was amazing. Strip sack and int in 6 plays.

Can't wait to see what he does with a full game....

Oh wait we saw that already for two years, and it was aweful

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Really really? So we down 100 points, their D is playing 10 yards off the wr's, he fumbles and throws a pick as well. Yea that's better - gotta admit. 

Exactly. He looked fine against prevent. Once we got to the 40 they stopped playing soft and the Geno we've seen for forever shows up.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do you know why when there is a rape in a neighborhood that they check the list of known sex offenders in the area first?

Because of the TRACK RECORD.

Do you really want people to point out how ridiculous the analogy was? 

12 hours ago, Cap'nObvious said:

This move makes zero sense, and has a much greater chance of setting the franchise back, than forward.Woody is an assclown owner in the mold of Daniel Snyder, who will never, ever have a real team, because he sucks as an owner.

And youre just a whining.  Woody's not Snyder, you're clueless to what Snyder is if you make that comment. 

You should run now and find one of those real teams to root for.  

11 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I don't know where you are coming up with the basis of your argument because right now I couldn't care less who starts. Pack in the season and maybe get some talent through the draft.  I was just telling you the reasons why Bowles would never make this move unless directed by someone above him.  Woody has been known to meddle, its been proven and he has a history. To turn a blind eye to that fact is troubling. Bowles also stated that he stands by Ryan after the game but changes his mind two days later... I don't know why you are so adamant that Woody had nothing to do with it.

Woody wants people to come to the games... If Ryan starts Sunday he will have his attendance at an all time low for the season. He knows this, everyone knows this.... Now he gets people excited again, one way or another so they can bank money on concessions, because we know thats where you make all your money anyway.

Bowles has shown to be stubborn, and he also doesn't take crap, yet Geno running up and down the sideline throwing tantrums and he rewards him with a start... No chance in hell.

Maybe its not Woody and instead Mac, I could be wrong on that front, but history has proven otherwise

So do you think Geno is a draw?  Ok, lol.

Woody doesn't meddle, grow up.  You spend a billion dollars on a team and being in the loop is your right.  Who's so lame they don't get this? 

The seasons over.  Why do you give a shlt if making a switch also puts fnasmin the seats? Your thought BTW, not mine.  Why wouldn't anyone want to put a team on the field,that entertains?  Bothers you why?  Find one piece of tape of Geno running up and down the sideline throwing tantrums.  WTF is that

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There's nothing in what o said that declares it fact. Stop being so insecure that a confident opinion unnerves you to the point where you interpret it wrong.

Lol why do interpret my comment as being insecure or unnerved.  Jeez get over yourself  man.  A confident opinion stated as fact; yeah okay it's cool, we all do it from time to time, carry on.

14 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Lol why do interpret my comment as being insecure or unnerved.  Jeez get over yourself  man.  A confident opinion stated as fact; yeah okay it's cool, we all do it from time to time, carry on.

I never called it a fact. Don't blame me for your interpretation. This has nothing to do with me, dude.

He may not change anything Carl but he cant play no worse than the bum did for 22 games here. 
The competition got tough and the bum folded like a house of cards
See, its when you say sh*t like that that no one can take you seriously. Of course he can play worse than Fitz did for most of those 22 games. He's never come within 100 miles of playing like Fitz did for most of last year. Up to this point, our most positive experience with Geno has been in the last game of 2014 vs a Dolphins team with nothing to play for. And he still got sacked and lost a fumble that day.
Im against the owner making personnel decisions. Just like I was against the owner forcing the new GM to keep a coach.
This was the consensus amongst the analysts on NFL Radio all day yesterday, that Woody made the call.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So do you think Geno is a draw?  Ok, lol.

Woody doesn't meddle, grow up.  You spend a billion dollars on a team and being in the loop is your right.  Who's so lame they don't get this? 

The seasons over.  Why do you give a shlt if making a switch also puts fnasmin the seats? Your thought BTW, not mine.  Why wouldn't anyone want to put a team on the field,that entertains?  Bothers you why?  Find one piece of tape of Geno running up and down the sideline throwing tantrums.  WTF is that

Explain Tim Tebow then. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Suckers. LOL

When you're wrong, you're very cute. 

Reading this thread is bizzare. People are defending Fitz still, calling it a bad move, and "blaming" it on Woody.

Reality:

1. There was no choice but to bench Fitz. His play was so bad this should have happened at least 1 game ago

2. It was Bowles decision. Gruden knew he was thinking about it, benched Fitz mid game, and did not really commit to Fitz in the post game like people are saying

3. If Woody did step in, he should be applauded not lambasted as it was the only correct move and a necessary move

4. Bryce is not ready yet

20 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because I would rather be mediocre than a laughingstock. And we are going back to laughingstock this week

We are not a laughing stock... are we underperforming? imo yes, others will tell you this is where we should be just without paying our former qb $12M, hardly a lauging stock.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Explain Tim Tebow then. 

Tebow, a guy brought in they thought could run the WC who turned out to be useless.  He QB'd no games, threw a couple of passes, contributed nothing to the team as a back up scrub.

But it bothers people because in the 20 or so years Woody has owned the team this is the closest thing to meddling they can come up with.  You're not even sure, Tanny says it was all him.

Let me as you this, you spend $650 mil on a team, $100 per on roster, $3/4 billion on a stadium, $75 mil building a practice facility and you think you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion?  Shlt, we have no stake in he team other than STHs and we can't STFU

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Reading this thread is bizzare. People are defending Fitz still, calling it a bad move, and "blaming" it on Woody.

Reality:

1. There was no choice but to bench Fitz. His play was so bad this should have happened at least 1 game ago

2. It was Bowles decision. Gruden knew he was thinking about it, benched Fitz mid game, and did not really commit to Fitz in the post game like people are saying

3. If Woody did step in, he should be applauded not lambasted as it was the only correct move and a necessary move

4. Bryce is not ready yet

Agree with everything except i have not seen one person defend fitz. I havent read every page of this thread but i have popped in and out enough to be pretty pretty sure.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Would suck if he plays well, right? 

I am pulling for him to play well.  Just not sure what good that does us besides some instant gratification.  He isnt under contract next year.  Do we pull him while he is playing well to look at Petty? 

Archived