Maxman

Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Kind of surprised, was under the impression Bowles's hands were tied until Petty was ready...Maybe the CS has actually seen improvement in his play and fought for one last shot before he's a FA?  Could be interesting to see how the rest of this season progresses with the young QB's....Do they get to the point where maybe they release Fitz to get Petty and Hack more reps????  Hmmmmmm

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Accountability. You don't perform, you sit. End of story.

If they lose this weekend, there better be someone else hitting the unemployment line.

I'm totally fine with this, for a few weeks.  Geno gets his 10th chance to prove he can be more than a mistake prone player. 

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 22

It's annoying that it took a national embarrassment and unprecedented levels of suck before Bowles finally benched the 12 Million dollar mistake.  

Where is jetfan80 with my apology?

• Upvote 3

Just now, peebag said:

Here's how it pans out:

Geno takes the team and wins 8 or 9 ball games - ownership signs him to a long term mega million deal the following year and then he reverts to the Geno we love to hate.

You know it will happen.

Or Geno Smith leads us to the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

So you want more Fitzsizzle?  What are you a masochist?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Accountability. You don't perform, you sit. End of story.

If your theory holds true, then they wouldn't have enough players to play. No one on this team is performing. You can't sit everyone. Sitting the QB is the only move, even if it's a lateral one.

That said, I'll be doing something other than watching the Jets this weekend. I don't need to relive the horrors of 2013 and 2014.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6

Just now, Pac said:

Where is jetfan80 with my apology?

^^^ Couldn't ignore me if he tried. 

I'm rooting for Bryce Petty to get the nod in 2-3 weeks.  I will not apologize for supporting a QB who actually put together a solid season for this franchise.  He is exactly what he is.  A QB good enough to win games given good circumstances, terrible when circumstances go south.  If Geno is still the hill you wish to die on, however, then have at it.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

Sometimes I really hate being a Jet fan.  Like today.

Well, there's a lot of yard work to do this weekend.  Let me know when Petty is starting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

How much do we pay geno next year since he is now our starter?

12 million and 1 dollar.

• Upvote 2