Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mecca said:

Well, this is why long time fans don't become GM's. 

Seeing Hackenberg before week 12 is not going to happen. .1%

Hmmm let's see? 47 years and counting and we have this terribly unbalanced team with no sign of promise on the horizon and you want to pin all hopes on a head case like Geno Smith rather than see what Hack can do NOW. Baptism under fire. Get the rookies feet wet. Let the growing pains begin. Going with Geno st this point is stupid and serves zero purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I just want to say shoutout to team #AntiFitz that was against the management for bringing him back throughout the Summer. I remember my mafia. Salute!

I have to give a shoutout to Ryan Fitzpatrick for being so overly arrogant to actually believe he was 1000x better than he is. Thankfully he did not take the 3 year deal for 24 million.. imagine having to let him rot on the bench for 3 years ??

Kind of surprised, was under the impression Bowles's hands were tied until Petty was ready...Maybe the CS has actually seen improvement in his play and fought for one last shot before he's a FA?  Could be interesting to see how the rest of this season progresses with the young QB's....Do they get to the point where maybe they release Fitz to get Petty and Hack more reps????  Hmmmmmm

Bowles wanted no part of Geno. He wanted to go straight to petty but woody forced his hand.

No one in the locker room wants Geno to start

Sent from mTalk

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I respect your opinion.  I do not agree.

Had Petty not been hurt, and Macc actually had a pair of balls on him, Geno would/should (IMO) have been cut at the end of camp.

And I don;t think a single player in our locker room would have given a sh...poop.

I don't "expect" Petty to play at all, it's simply not a sure thing.

If Geno plays moderately well, and we win a moderate amount of (now meaningless) games, I don't doubt Geno may be given the rest of the year.

And may even be resigned.

Because we're the Jets.  It's what we do.

The one thing that flies in the face of your argument, is that Geno started game 3 and Petty game 4 pre-injury. It would have been Rex like to play your backup in game 4. 

I am glad they are starting him now against Baltimore.  I don't think I could deal with it if they trotted him out there while we abused Cleveland and Miami.  Let him at least have to play a moderately real team before the fans start thinking this is like Parcells finally benching Rick Mirer.

Flip side, didn't this ******* coach just say that FItizpatrick was the starter?  I hate when they let the fans and owner pick the lineup.  Man up bitches.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Accountability. You don't perform, you sit. End of story.

in that case the entire defensive line and all of the secondary needs to sit as well ..hell the offensive line should sit too.

21 minutes ago, funaz said:

Bowles wanted no part of Geno. He wanted to go straight to petty but woody forced his hand.

No one in the locker room wants Geno to start

Sent from mTalk

Did Woody also force him to play Geno in PS game 3 and Petty is PS game 4 ???

Just now, detectivekimble said:

I didn't see the game on Monday night, but just watched Geno's drive.  He threw the ball well.  

Yes he did the offense picked up speed immediately there was no drag ass QB under center telegraphing passes getting WR's hammered the team looked improved in the short span we saw Geno Smith under center. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes he did the offense picked up speed immediately there was no drag ass QB under center telegraphing passes getting WR's hammered the team looked improved in the short span we saw Geno Smith under center. 

He was throwing darts.  The interception was just trying to make a play on a fourth down.  The game was already out of reach.  

Really really? So we down 100 points, their D is playing 10 yards off the wr's, he fumbles and throws a pick as well. Yea that's better - gotta admit. 

Just now, Powpow said:

Really really? So we down 100 points, their D is playing 10 yards off the wr's, he fumbles and throws a pick as well. Yea that's better - gotta admit. 

The Jets were down by 25 time running gout 4th and long he was trying to make something happen all the WR's were covered he had no choice. 

Unlike Ryan Fitzpatrick who threw multiple INTs namely in the red zone while we still had a chance 

Cant take it your boy Fitz is done here huh? 

it doesn't matter who is better or if they like him or not, Geno is now the starter.  Get over it.  we will know soon enough who is right, the geno crowd or the fritz crowd. personally i think they should both disappear, which will happen in 2017

Carl wheres your faith wheres your longtime diehard I believe in the Jets attitude. 

Believe in the Jets Carl the season is far from over. 

It's over. Geno starting doesn't fix major issues on the defense, offensive line, and running game. And it doesn't change the coaching staff. He's not a magic bullet. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's over. Geno starting doesn't fix major issues on the defense, offensive line, and running game. And it doesn't change the coaching staff. He's not a magic bullet. 

He may not change anything Carl but he cant play no worse than the bum did for 22 games here. 

The competition got tough and the bum folded like a house of cards

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So I guess you're ok with Fitz leading the offense to another 3 points on Sunday. What's so bad about giving Geno a shot? Maybe, just maybe, the team will perform better than it has during the last 4 weeks of garbage football that we have been subjected to. I support this QB change.

Im against the owner making personnel decisions. Just like I was against the owner forcing the new GM to keep a coach.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Im against the owner making personnel decisions. Just like I was against the owner forcing the new GM to keep a coach.

The owner should not be making personnel decisions especially our idiot owner but who knows how the decision came about. The decision to sit Fitz is the right decision though.

Archived