Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cap'nObvious said:

3/4 of the fan base has been rooting for the Jets to do bad while Geno was on the bench, and his legend was growing larger by the day. Now the other 1/4 will root against the Jets. Its glorious being a Jets fan.

I don't think the FO is under the assumption that Geno is the answer otherwise he would have been in sooner.

I think he is a bridge to Petty.

2 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

3/4 of the fan base has been rooting for the Jets to do bad while Geno was on the bench, and his legend was growing larger by the day. Now the other 1/4 will root against the Jets. Its glorious being a Jets fan.

WRONG 

Is this BowelsMovement? 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agree with all of this except for the part about Geno turning it around.  I mean, it would be cool if he suddenly woke up tomorrow and really was a franchise QB, but his version of "turning his play around" would be playing just well enough to give us false hope, win some meaningless games, and cost us a top draft pick.

I want to tank. 

Geno is the real deal, the real McCoy, arm strength, accuracy, leadership, football smarts, total package. He was just being held back by the big mean Jets.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ross Tucker, LMAO! I'm gonna try to get a hold of him again on the radio before the seasons over. I called in before Fitz signed and I said there was not much difference in play if the Jets signed Nick Foles for the 1.8 million after he was released than signing a journeyman like Fitz for 12 million who sucked in the Buffalo game when we needed him the most. He actually laughed at me when they hung up on me & they discussed it. He didn't like that I said his friendship with Fitz made him a biased observer. He kept saying everyday the Jets were STUPID for playing games with Fitz regarding the contract.

Can't wait to get on the radio again with him. Remember folks, football is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't think the FO is under the assumption that Geno is the answer otherwise he would have been in sooner.

I think he is a bridge to Petty.

I don't think anyone who has ever seen him play and understand football at all thins he is the answer, but 3/4 o the fan base has turned him into the white Aaron Rodgers, and the good Aaron Rodgers, not the sh*tty one we see now. So the brilliant owner is appeasing the fan base.

Just now, Cap'nObvious said:

I don't think anyone who has ever seen him play and understand football at all thins he is the answer, but 3/4 o the fan base has turned him into the white Aaron Rodgers, and the good Aaron Rodgers, not the sh*tty one we see now. So the brilliant owner is appeasing the fan base.

No. I think 3/4 of the fanbase wants to try a different flavor of crap than Fitz.

39 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If we draft Kizer maybe he busts and we miss out on some other no name qb with a chip on his shoulder? Cowboys weren't losing games last season to draft Dak. Seahawks werent losing to draft Wilson. Packers weren't losing to draft Rodgers. Pats weren't losing to draft Brady. hoping for losses to get a QB is silly.

Right, because the odds of landing a QB outside the first round is heavily in our favor...

Geno is the real deal, the real McCoy, arm strength, accuracy, leadership, football smarts, total package. He was just being held back by the big mean Jets.

Eek... No way... He doesn't prep for games, he doesn't participate with going over series on the sideline. He has no sense of awareness of when to get rid of the ball. Fumbles constantly. Takes bad snaps.  Doesn't know when to throw out of bounds or run out of bounds. Eek no.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Eek... No way... He doesn't prep for games, he doesn't participate with going over series on the sideline. He has no sense of awareness of when to get rid of the ball. Fumbles constantly. Takes bad snaps.  Doesn't know when to throw out of bounds or run out of bounds. Eek no.

I think he was being sarcastic

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

No. I think 3/4 of the fanbase wants to try a different flavor of crap than Fitz.

The only reason to try a different flavor of crap is you feel the new flavor will be good enough to justify the switch, and have long term health benefits. Generally speaking, eating crap is not very healthy.

10 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Do you read this forums? The fans hate Geno? Most Jets fans are dancing in the streets right now taking victory laps over this. Shockingly, this fan base has turned Geno into a living legend. The longer he was on the bench, the greater his legend became.

Yes.  I read the forums.  The fans hate Geno.  The term "Geno-lovers" were created by the mass majority and that mass majority, hates him.  And very few people are actual "fans" of Geno.  They just didnt want to waste their time with Fitz.

The only reason to try a different flavor of crap is you feel the new flavor will be good enough to justify the switch, and have long term health benefits. Generally speaking, eating crap is not very healthy.

In the NFL, unknown is better than known and meh. 

Right now, our unknown option is healing and beginning to practice. So right now, like the election, our choices are two bowls of crap. We've had enough of the taste of one, try to taste the other

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yes.  I read the forums.  The fans hate Geno.  The term "Geno-lovers" were created by the mass majority and that mass majority, hates him.  And very few people are actual "fans" of Geno.  They just didnt want to waste their time with Fitz.

Dude, there are tons of people who think Geno is the real deal, and has been treated unfairly by the Jets. And that if Geno only was given a fair chance ,he would be our true franchise QB that we have been longing for forever. 

1 minute ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Dude, there are tons of people who think Geno is the real deal, and has been treated unfairly by the Jets. And that if Geno only was given a fair chance ,he would be our true franchise QB that we have been longing for forever. 

And those people are naive and few.

Now if Geno goes out and plays well against Baltimore, then it gets really interesting

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agree with all of this except for the part about Geno turning it around.  I mean, it would be cool if he suddenly woke up tomorrow and really was a franchise QB, but his version of "turning his play around" would be playing just well enough to give us false hope, win some meaningless games, and cost us a top draft pick.

I want to tank. 

Come'on, the irony here is too much.  This has literally what I've been saying to you about Fitz for 2 years...and now you're flipping the script because its Geno?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And those people are naive and few.

Now if Geno goes out and plays well against Baltimore, then it gets really interesting

Baltimore is an awful team, explain interesting? The highest odds are that Geno rides this easy schedule into what Fitz did last year. Fitz went along for the ride, and suckered us into 12 mil, Geno is going to do the same thing this year.

6 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

I have never seen one person on this board claim Geno is the "real deal".  Never.  I post here quite a bit.  

Archived