Petty Hurt Still

kevinc855

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He has been practicing fully for 3 weeks now, Wentz played week 1 with like 3 days of practice, what am I not comprehending?  Our coaches, and management are scared to let their picks fail, and then looking bad IMO, meanwhile playing Fitz makes them look worse.

He's had 2'weeks of practice and practice during the season is completely different than practice time in the preseason.  

The only person who looks bad when a 4th round QB doesn't work out is that 4th round QB

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

14?  We were ahead at the half vs Cincy.  We were down 14 vs KC, nice that you point out Marshalls fumble but leave out Fitzs mid field fumble.  Still 2 scores shouldn't cause TO's with a half to play.  Seattle was 14-10 at the half.  Pitt was 14-13.  AZ was a bad game, still where are we always down 14?

I never said anything about the Cincy game. We lost by one point because Folk missed an easy FG and an extra point. The other games we were playing from behind. He was ok this past Sunday and we won the game. We'll see what happens vs Cleveland. Sure they suck but they have talent. 

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I never said anything about the Cincy game. We lost by one point because Folk missed an easy FG and an extra point. The other games we were playing from behind. He was ok this past Sunday and we won the game. We'll see what happens vs Cleveland. Sure they suck but they have talent. 

LMAO

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

You said INTs come when we're constantly trailing by 14.  

We lost vs Cindy because in the 2nd half Fitz passed for for 70 yards and no points to go along with s first half of not being able to put the ball in the EZ.  

Blocked FGs aren't missed, they're blocked

None of which has anything to do with you making excuses for Fitzs INTs

Sure you can attribute 4 points at the feet of Folk . I view it differently , the Jets had a half dozen redzone chances in the game and converted 2. That falls on the QB, the OC , the offense, the fact that we were kicking a FG to miss is because the offense couldn't finish the deal.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You said INTs come when we're constantly trailing by 14.  

We lost vs Cindy because in the 2nd half Fitz passed for for 70 yards and no points to go along with s first half of not being able to put the ball in the EZ.  

Blocked FGs aren't missed, they're blocked

None of which has anything to do with you making excuses for Fitzs INTs

No excuses but the Cincy game was not his fault. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not 100% on him correct.. Completed barely 50% of his throws, terrible red zone play.. Were MAJOR factors in the loss..

All I'm saying is if you expect a perfect game every time by a Qb you aren't going to get it. Aaron Rodgers hasn't been great this season, Luck had an off year in 2015, Flacco isn't very good, etc. Fitz is not in their category and isn't being paid like they are. He's getting 12 mil compared to 50-60 mil guaranteed. So the 12 mil figure that all these guys are freaking out over isn't really that much money when you compare it to other starting Qbs. And Fitz was signed to be our starting Qb. He hasn't lived up to that contract for sure but it's not a big contract, 

All I'm saying is if you expect a perfect game every time by a Qb you aren't going to get it. Aaron Rodgers hasn't been great this season, Luck had an off year in 2015, Flacco isn't very good, etc. Fitz is not in their category and isn't being paid like they are. He's getting 12 mil compared to 50-60 mil guaranteed. So the 12 mil figure that all these guys are freaking out over isn't really that much money when you compare it to other starting Qbs. And Fitz was signed to be our starting Qb. He hasn't lived up to that contract for sure but it's not a big contract, 

Lol you are dam right no one would ever compare him to one of those guys.. And it's not 12 vs 50-60 mil . break it down to yearly.. Those guys got those big multi yr contracts because eVeryone wanted those guys.. Nobody else wanted fitz, that is why he got a 1 yr deal..

There is a FARRRR difference from playing perfect or near perfect compared the crap play fitz has shown.. Of course we don't expect a perfect game from a guy who can't even complete 15% of his passes longer than 10 yards.. I was just pointing out the obvious, he didn't play well in the cincy game.. Had he played just AVERAGE or do a little better in the red zone we easily win that game..

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol you are dam right no one would ever compare him to one of those guys.. And it's not 12 vs 50-60 mil . break it down to yearly.. Those guys got those big multi yr contracts because eVeryone wanted those guys.. Nobody else wanted fitz, that is why he got a 1 yr deal..

There is a FARRRR difference from playing perfect or near perfect compared the crap play fitz has shown.. Of course we don't expect a perfect game from a guy who can't even complete 15% of his passes longer than 10 yards.. I was just pointing out the obvious, he didn't play well in the cincy game.. Had he played just AVERAGE or do a little better in the red zone we easily win that game..

It's 12 mil for 2016 that was negotiated before the season began ... The contract was fair

Fitz's performance in many games this season has s*cked ... As has most of his team-mates & coaches

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz earned that contract last season because he had a good year. I saw it and so did most Jets fans. The FO was foolish to allow the negotiations to go into late July. If they wanted him back they could have signed him two months earlier. Maybe he would have played better we don't know. But it was a dumb move by Woody and Mac. If they didn't want him back then they should have signed somebody else. btw a player signs a deal and you get no guarantees he's going to play well. You take a chance on every player. I think he'll improve and we'll win some games with him. 

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz earned that contract last season because he had a good year. I saw it and so did most Jets fans. The FO was foolish to allow the negotiations to go into late July. If they wanted him back they could have signed him two months earlier. Maybe he would have played better we don't know. But it was a dumb move by Woody and Mac. If they didn't want him back then they should have signed somebody else. btw a player signs a deal and you get no guarantees he's going to play well. You take a chance on every player. I think he'll improve and we'll win some games with him. 

lol what ?! Just because a 10 yr journeyman finally has a decent yr for once doesn't mean he automatically deserves to get paid based on 1 yr. We all saw having Marshall and decker saved fitz many times.. Mac messed up negotiations? No way ! It is fitz fault for thinking he is so good by holding out for so long. Fitz statement by holding out for more $ was " I deserve this much because I am going to play as good or better in 16." Mac statement by making him wait was - "  no that was more of a fluke, you really are not that good and chances are won't repeat 15 stats." He was right. He would have been fired if he caved in and gave fitz a multi yr deal at 12 million.   I'm ok with Mac over paying fitz by giving him the 12 because it's only one yr.. But he really could have turned the screws, NO ONE in the NFL would give fitz anything close to that.. They knew what fitz is.. A garbage journeyman who had a fluke yr.. Maybe he will win a few games with the easy schedule.. End his career on a high note. But he is not important now. Evaluating our young qbs is the priority.. 

32 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

lol what ?! Just because a 10 yr journeyman finally has a decent yr for once doesn't mean he automatically deserves to get paid based on 1 yr. We all saw having Marshall and decker saved fitz many times.. Mac messed up negotiations? No way ! It is fitz fault for thinking he is so good by holding out for so long. Fitz statement by holding out for more $ was " I deserve this much because I am going to play as good or better in 16." Mac statement by making him wait was - "  no that was more of a fluke, you really are not that good and chances are won't repeat 15 stats." He was right. He would have been fired if he caved in and gave fitz a multi yr deal at 12 million.   I'm ok with Mac over paying fitz by giving him the 12 because it's only one yr.. But he really could have turned the screws, NO ONE in the NFL would give fitz anything close to that.. They knew what fitz is.. A garbage journeyman who had a fluke yr.. Maybe he will win a few games with the easy schedule.. End his career on a high note. But he is not important now. Evaluating our young qbs is the priority.. 

If Fitz had a better resume he would have gotten a lot more money. He accepted a one year deal and 12 mil is low money. He played for 3.5 mil in 2015 and was way underpaid. The bottom line wasn't what he'd done in the past but what he did in 2015 and the org's evaluation of the player. The good news is a one year contract. He isn't coming back next year. 

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Fitz had a better resume he would have gotten a lot more money. He accepted a one year deal and 12 mil is low money. He played for 3.5 mil in 2015 and was way underpaid. The bottom line wasn't what he'd done in the past but what he did in 2015 and the org's evaluation of the player. The good news is a one year contract. He isn't coming back next year. 

A lot more $$$$? Lol dude you crack me up how much you over value such a poor qb. He is NOWHERE near Elite. 12 isn't a lot but it's not far from what some top qbs are making.. He has always been a backup or a small step up from a backup.. well he is back to being a backup after finally being benched for poor play.. Or typical Fitzpatrick play I should say.. But the starter went down..He is going to be lucky to be offered 3 million next yr by someone to be a #3. Nobody has ever chased after him, ever. I know he isn't coming back, his career is likely over. He will get a few games, but will be on a very short leash..

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It's also not a 3 or 4 mil contract like Hoyer got, a QB that he compares to,. It Rodgers, Luck or Flacco.

The front office was foolish to sign him at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It's also not a 3 or 4 mil contract like Hoyer got, a QB that he compares to,. It Rodgers, Luck or Flacco.

Well it's what the FO thought about him after last season. Actually Hoyer signed for a very low base 2 mil. He probably got more because he started a few games. Isn't he now on IR. Last year Hoyer started games for Houston and underperformed and they got rid of him. Fitz had higher value after a good 2015. Denver was rumored to want to offer him 7 mil. There weren't too many offers because no jobs. Now 2017 Fitz if his bad season continues will not be re-signed by the Jets and if he signs with another team will have to take backup money like what you say 3 or 4. Probably with incentive clauses pushing it up if he plays. But like any player due for a new deal it all depends on how he does. 

Notice how nobody in high media positions are roasting them for firing him. Mehta and Francesca were the only guys who applauded Fitz speaking out.

Look I know that not signing Fitz would have been a monumentally bold move. Especially because while I do think we would have a better record without him and better overall offensive performance we still wouldn't be very good, and people would've been making Fitz out to be us failing to sign Joe Montana.

Common sense would show that Fitz was going to suck this year. I battled it all offseason with@rangers9. Fitz's entire career has been garbage to mediocre. Against a horrendously weak schedule he had a career year. Even during that career year the signs were there. Amazing catches by Marshall, countless balls that bounced right off the chest of defenders. It was obvious he would not duplicate that season again facing better opponents.

In the end Fitz was not getting us to a SB. In his first ever moment of that type of pressure he folded like a tent against BUF. If by some historic moment of fate he took this team to the playoffs everyone and their mother knows it's a 1 and done appearance. There was no reason to bring him back at any price. Like I said, it would've been bold, but frankly this team needs someone to be bold. We have been running the same cowardice leadership since parcells left.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Well it's what the FO thought about him after last season. Actually Hoyer signed for a very low base 2 mil. He probably got more because he started a few games. Isn't he now on IR. Last year Hoyer started games for Houston and underperformed and they got rid of him. Fitz had higher value after a good 2015. Denver was rumored to want to offer him 7 mil. There weren't too many offers because no jobs. Now 2017 Fitz if his bad season continues will not be re-signed by the Jets and if he signs with another team will have to take backup money like what you say 3 or 4. Probably with incentive clauses pushing it up if he plays. But like any player due for a new deal it all depends on how he does. 

Denver didn't offer him anything.  Stop with the 7 mil offer.  And Hoyer is injured.  Until then he was outplaying Fitz.  And can throw long.  Fitz was a colossal waste at 12, a favor to him and his agent to keep the status quo 

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Look I know that not signing Fitz would have been a monumentally bold move. Especially because while I do think we would have a better record without him and better overall offensive performance we still wouldn't be very good, and people would've been making Fitz out to be us failing to sign Joe Montana.

Common sense would show that Fitz was going to suck this year. I battled it all offseason with@rangers9. Fitz's entire career has been garbage to mediocre. Against a horrendously weak schedule he had a career year. Even during that career year the signs were there. Amazing catches by Marshall, countless balls that bounced right off the chest of defenders. It was obvious he would not duplicate that season again facing better opponents.

In the end Fitz was not getting us to a SB. In his first ever moment of that type of pressure he folded like a tent against BUF. If by some historic moment of fate he took this team to the playoffs everyone and their mother knows it's a 1 and done appearance. There was no reason to bring him back at any price. Like I said, it would've been bold, but frankly this team needs someone to be bold. We have been running the same cowardice leadership since parcells left.

Common sense would show that Geno 2016 would be worse than Fitz 2016

who would your QB in this hypothetical monumentally bold world have been ... To get this good but not great record you are espousing ?

4 hours ago, ljr said:

who would your QB in this hypothetical monumentally bold world have been ... To get this good but not great record you are espousing ?

Common sense has nothing to do with it, with this.  First off he never mentioned Geno, so why bring him up?  Other than there's an obsession with Fitz fans, it's their only defense for Fitz? He's not Geno?  Secondly all that common sense tells you guys that Geno could never be more than what we saw as a raw QB, you guys repeated it over and over agIn.  Well that went flying out the window when geno outplayed Fitz a week ago and the Jets offense actually resembled a NFL offense that the Ravens actually defended straight up instead of stacking the box.   He easily would have found a way to go1-5 like the bearded POS, commons sense tells me he would have won more than Fitz did.

That after what we've been put through in 2016 leaves anyone able to still talk about any QB being worse than Fitz is amazingly shortsighted. A 12 vet sucking this bad should never be defended this way

You really can't get any worse than what Fitz has done thus far. As for Geno, I never mentioned him. They could have brought in Hoyer and let him battle again Geno and Petty. Saves 10m and were probably sitting in the exact same position. Maybe better because with a true camp competition maybe Petty would've been the starter in the 1st place.

On 10/26/2016 at 7:01 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Blame the Special Teams for the Cinci game. Missed xtra point and blocked chippy FG. Fitz was just average in that game, but he did not cost us the game.

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

You really can't get any worse than what Fitz has done thus far. As for Geno, I never mentioned him. They could have brought in Hoyer and let him battle again Geno and Petty. Saves 10m and were probably sitting in the exact same position. Maybe better because with a true camp competition maybe Petty would've been the starter in the 1st place.

Having brought Hoyer in to start would have been a legitimate alternative ... I'd have disagreed with it ... But if you had been as anti-Fitz as you say & think Hoyer was better then that may have been the best alternate scenario.

Geno would not have been any competition ... And it would be hard to imagine Petty would have shown enough yet to start over the vet week 1 ... So I can't imagine there would have been any battle in TC.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Common sense has nothing to do with it, with this.  First off he never mentioned Geno, so why bring him up?  Other than there's an obsession with Fitz fans, it's their only defense for Fitz? He's not Geno?  Secondly all that common sense tells you guys that Geno could never be more than what we saw as a raw QB, you guys repeated it over and over agIn.  Well that went flying out the window when geno outplayed Fitz a week ago and the Jets offense actually resembled a NFL offense that the Ravens actually defended straight up instead of stacking the box.   He easily would have found a way to go1-5 like the bearded POS, commons sense tells me he would have won more than Fitz did.

That after what we've been put through in 2016 leaves anyone able to still talk about any QB being worse than Fitz is amazingly shortsighted. A 12 vet sucking this bad should never be defended this way

Boo-hoo ! 

Poor lil Geno's MyHeroes :(

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What a stupid, pointless, response.

And just about all that's left for Fitzaholics like you and others who completely miss the point.  

You, my good man, are pointless to put effort into responding to 

Archived