Fire Bowles: MERGED

choon328

2 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

Everybody assumes that Tom Brady is one of our backup quarterbacks. When in reality its a mid to late round bunch of guys who have zero experience and most likely arent close to truly ready or skillful.

And that's different then Fitz how exactly ???

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can live with Bowles.  Hell.  I lived through Kottite and he was a f-ing moron.   But I can't watch us ride down the snake pit to hell with Fitz as the QB.  It's the pinacle of stupidity to play a journeyman in a losing season when you have two young QBS. 

20 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - I didn't even know that. Wow - that is bad...

I saw an article pre-internet that detailed just how awful that guy was!!

No fan should ever mention that man's name with any HC in NFL history, he was that bad.  He literally is on some folks all time worst HC's for any sport!!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I saw an article pre-internet that detailed just how awful that guy was!!

No fan should ever mention that man's name with any HC in NFL history, he was that bad.  He literally is on some folks all time worst HC's for any sport!!

Of course, to many (especially my father) Lou Holtz was by far worse than Kotite - got rid of Riggins and other trouble makers, and then quit half-way through the season.

Sadly, the Jets have had more than their far shares of terrible couching years. I guess, at least Holtz knew how bad he was and just quit.

11 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Of course you don't fire everyone after every bad season. But Bowles has proven that he's a terrible coach. We will not win anything with him at the helm.

Here's a thought: hire a good coach in the first place.

He's proven he's a bad coach because you're pissed at how badly The team is playing?  Or was he proven a good coach by his team winning 10 games last year?  

cant have it both ways

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He's proven he's a bad coach because you're pissed at how badly The team is playing?  Or was he proven a good coach by his team winning 10 games last year?  

cant have it both ways

Reality is we won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL we only beat 2 teams with winning records. 

This year he's been the worse head coach in the NFL. 

Any way you look it at he's terrible. 

Next man up. 

I have a hard time understanding just how inept Bowles is with the offense. He's been watching film for 30+ years. Ijlana and Qvale haven't been as bad as Giacomini has been (not even close, really) and he was handed his job back. If that continues, It's arguably more embarrassing than the QB evaluation.

He's been reading offenses for so long, how does he not see what is so obvious? It's truly baffling. Unless he is tanking. Which, then, would hopefully explain everything. I don't think he is though.

Todd Bowles is a clueless moron who is masquerading as a head coach in the NFL the cast of characters on this team that also masquerade as NFL players is endless the leading actor is Ryan Fitzpatrick havent Jets fans seen enough of this guy already how can anyone support these 2 clowns is beyond imaginable.

The Jets made a change and Geno got hurt.
It's kinda obvious they don't feel Hack is ready and I don't think they like Petty as much as this message board does....
You make a change if you feel like the next guy can come in and play better. The Jets don't seem to feel that way about Bryce. That should kind of tell you something about a 4th round pick who played in a college offense at Baylor. He might not have progressed as much as they hoped he would.

Not buying that...because then why waste a roster spot on the guy? And not put him on IR?

I just think there's a difference from the Jets 'changing' from Fitz to Geno as Geno had like 30 games as a starter already. But changing from Fitz to Petty with no starts is an entirely different message to the team. Once that decision is made, there should be no going back to Fitz barring injury.

Some are making more of this decision than is necessary IMO

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Not buying that...because then why waste a roster spot on the guy? And not put him on IR?

I just think there's a difference from the Jets 'changing' from Fitz to Geno as Geno had like 30 games as a starter already. But changing from Fitz to Petty with no starts is an entirely different message to the team. Once that decision is made, there should be no going back to Fitz barring injury.

Conspiracy theory maybe but who cares inserting another QB other than Fitz and he plays a lot better than Fitz all but proves further that Bowles and Macc are morons so they keep going back to Fitz hoping the outcome will change and it doesn't. 

Woody sees Macc wasted $12 million sound crazy dont think so. 

17 hours ago, rammagen said:

we can't keep changing coaches you guys realize that? I am not happy with this but if we do that we become the Browns, bad drafts(which hopefully now have been fixed) and a carousal of QBs and coaches

yes u can keep making changes-no reason to get stuck with awful just because awful is new-what we need to do is hire proven guys -back up the brinks truck and pay them-we go with unproven or bad guys and then want to stick with them to "give them a chance" when your eyes tell you you are watching hot garbage

Just now, kmnj said:

yes u can keep making changes-no reason to get stuck with awful just because awful is new-what we need to do is hire proven guys -back up the brinks truck and pay them-we go with unproven or bad guys and then want to stick with them to "give them a chance" when your eyes tell you you are watching hot garbage

Jets football is garbage sadly I will agree. 

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Probably because they want 3 QB's on the roster and felt that in year 1 Hack couldn't be counted on as one of those 3 guys. He was drafted as a long term project. So they had to carry 4.

Maybe they feel Petty is coming along but not quite there yet. Maybe the Jets feel he's not the long term answer for them at QB. I'm speculating.

Once the Jets bench Fitz and go to Petty, which will happen barring the Jets winning 7 in a row to close out the season, they won't go back to Fitz.

Like you said, going from Fitz to Geno is different then going from Fitz to Petty.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

cant have it both ways

Nice straw man right there. He's a bad coach because he makes terrible decisions.

Wasn't Bowles brought in here to eliminate the "Circus" that surrounded Rex ?

So right now we have...

Two star defensive players who obviously feel they are above going to team meetings.

A Well paid CB who reported to camp out of shape and apparently can't cover anymore.

Tons of undisciplined penalties

A QB who can't play anymore

The more things change the more they stay the same.

14 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think that you may be right on this one but........

What happens if Bowles brings in Petty and Petty plays lights out!!

IMO that would be reason to really look at Bowles and think about canning him when half the fan base was trying to save the season by having Petty inserted as the QB

Also think on this even BM called out Fitz today for his play this season.  The rezone INT was inexcusable and put the Jets in a position where they could lose....

I get what you're saying. We won't know for sure until we see him play I guess.

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Wasn't Bowles brought in here to eliminate the "Circus" that surrounded Rex ?

So right now we have...

Two star defensive players who obviously feel they are above going to team meetings.

A Well paid CB who reported to camp out of shape and apparently can't cover anymore.

Tons of undisciplined penalties

A QB who can't play anymore

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I don't think that it is a circus but there are real problems here.

And I actually believe that it starts with the QB Fitz.  You can't have a player who is playing poorly claim in any fashion that he is somehow being picked upon when his playing time is reduced. Fitz statement hurt the team IMO.

Guys starting saying "well if he isn't going to be accountable why should I be."  And yes that is stupid, especially when you are a professional but is how people think. 

Fitz is in the other players reference group and they compare themselves to his behavior for good or ill and him getting playing time with a poor play hurts the team.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Reality is we won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL we only beat 2 teams with winning records. 

This year he's been the worse head coach in the NFL. 

Any way you look it at he's terrible. 

Next man up. 

So using your logic we're struggling for having the hardest schedule in the league? He's not even close to being the worst HC in the NFL.  He's not terrible.  Wanting to fire a coach when a team has a bad season is terrible, the work of a terrible portion of this fanbase that just will never get it, spins from one side of the argument to the other, changing like the weather.  You are that person, thankfully teams don't react like fans

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Nice straw man right there. He's a bad coach because he makes terrible decisions.

Another miss use of straw man arguments.  He's not a bad coach.  He makes decisions from time to time that maybe aren't the best after the fact.  That could have cost us.  Guess what?  So does every HC in the NFL.  Amazing how smart every fan thinks he is after the fact.  

I asked someone else.  Give me all the mistakes that cost us games.  When there's a long enough list you have a point.  When you can't come up with a game that you know was lost on a mistake you're talking out of your ass, looking for a single person to blame.  It's easier than actually having to understand the game

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So using your logic we're struggling for having the hardest schedule in the league? He's not even close to being the worst HC in the NFL.  He's not terrible.  Wanting to fire a coach when a team has a bad season is terrible, the work of a terrible portion of this fanbase that just will never get it, spins from one side of the argument to the other, changing like the weather.  You are that person, thankfully teams don't react like fans

He's a clueless moron who doesn't seem to have his team prepared week after week and he certainly cannot adjust during a game. His putrid 3-6 record says so against real teams in the NFL. 

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Punting with 3 minutes left in the game when you need a touchdown....fireable offense. Repeat of the Steeler game.

u shocked? when he pulled that weak terrible punt call vs Pitt and then totally defended the call in press con,  meant it was only a matter a time before he did it again. Mac does need to fire him, he and revis are done here..

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

u shocked? when he pulled that weak terrible punt call vs Pitt and then totally defended the call in press con,  meant it was only a matter a time before he did it again. Mac does need to fire him, he and revis are done here..

Todd Brillo face Bowles needs to go he's a moron.

Initially supported Bowles. At this point he has no answers to this team's dismal performance. It's not just the QB issue although that's huge. Since week one ive heard him in pressers saying, "we have to get better, I need to review the film, we need to move on to next week". 

The team is getting worse, the defense is playing worse, the players are quitting on him. He has no answers for the same problems that plaque this team week in and week out.

The franchise has maxed out the cap. The defense was projected to be a top 3 in the NFL. 

I can write a book on some of the observations from my perspective: 

A secondary NFL player and DC who can't get the secondary in sync. Trying to make a 300 plus lb D lineman into a LB. Having a successful 34D and going to a 43D. An Offense that is so basic, crippled and predictable that I can call almost every play Gailey calls. There is a reason Gailey retired. As HC you need to be part of the Offense especially when it sucks so bad. Play calling on both sides of the ball has failed. Not being able to develop players, motivate them to at least show up for meetings let alone give 100% of effort on the field is a failure of the Coach. Mo was jogging around the field all day yesterday. The team has quit on this guy and when you lose the locker room your team plays like the Jets are now playing. I know it sucks to fire coaches every couple years but I don't see this team winning against any good team. When your 1st downs are coming from penalties instead of execution of plays you stink. When your receivers are making catches in spite of sh*tty passes you stink.

I could go on, but I will, in Jets 2016 fashion.... regress.

We didn't lose this game cause or Bowles. A lot of fans are overrating our roster. Our team is about as good as the dolphins. We played on the road against a team coming off a bye week and should have won, with the worst starting QB in the league. 

Now the Sheldon/Mo trouble is worrying. Cant stand either really right now. But at least Bowles benched both for the first quarter. Say what you want, but that took balls to bench both. 

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

We didn't lose this game cause or Bowles. A lot of fans are overrating our roster. Our team is about as good as the dolphins. We played on the road against a team coming off a bye week and should have won, with the worst starting QB in the league. 

Now the Sheldon/Mo trouble is worrying. Cant stand either really right now. But at least Bowles benched both for the first quarter. Say what you want, but that took balls to bench both. 

Would agree with this. Bowles needs to stop punting down points with less than 3 minutes to go in games though.

The roster does blow. Mo and Sheldon being morons/immature isnt Bowles' fault. Mo's going to play because of the contract unfortunately.

I always felt that coaches can and should be judged on what they have. Bowles isn't in Atlanta (although I'm sure he wishes he picked them now). He doesn't have a franchise quarterback in his prime, and an offense already set to go, leaving him to cater to his defensive speciality. 

Bowles came here in a complete rebuild, with no quarterback. Don't be fooled by the competitive rebuild. It was free bread to hold us over. Who really thought we'd win it last year or this year? 

Mike Tomlin had Big Ben and basicslly the whole team set,

Belicheck yeah he drafted and groomed Brady but the rest of that team were players in their prime drafted from Parcells.

Complete rebuilds without a franchise quarterback take time. There's no way of knowing if Bowles is good or not yet honestly. If they start out next year 1-5 again, ok then we start saying the program isn't working. 

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Complete rebuilds without a franchise quarterback take time. There's no way of knowing if Bowles is good or not yet honestly. If they start out next year 1-5 again, ok then we start saying the program isn't working. 

We won't have that franchise qb next year(unless Jabrill Peppers has unexpected mad qb skills) so expect the 1-5 start...

Archived