Fins bills and pats all win

kevinc855

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I agree.  They have had bad management.  But I think the new "moneyball" guys have the correct plan in place, and so far at least, are executing it well.

Are you talking about MAC?  I was a big fan but I am starting to get shaky knees.  Lets see what the next 2 years brings.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

That was a big win for the Dolphins. The Bills aren't going anywhere. The Dolphins have a legit shot at the post season. We'll see if they fall apart as usual, or if Gase can get them in.

If they beat a team above .500 then I would be more impressed, but they barley beat us the Browns, and the Rams who started a rookie QB. I have yet to see Tannehill play in  any bad weather games.  Given their schedule I won't be suprised if they get a wildcard spot. I do like Gase though, Tannehill is do a lot of money next year so he better get them in the playoffs. I can't see them getting rid of him however.

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

If they beat a team above .500 then I would be more impressed, but they barley beat us the Browns, and the Rams who started a rookie QB. I have yet to see Tannehill play in  any bad weather games.  Given their schedule I won't be suprised if they get a wildcard spot. I do like Gase though, Tannehill is do a lot of money next year so he better get them in the playoffs. I can't see them getting rid of him however.

Yeah this. The Dolphins arent very good.

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Are you talking about MAC?  I was a big fan but I am starting to get shaky knees.  Lets see what the next 2 years brings.

Agreed.  And by constructing a youthful team built to lose... they have given themselves another chance this season, and will have another next year, to select a top-tier QB prospect.

There are some offensive pieces in place for whomever they choose. Crowell is a mean SOB running back.  Pryor and Coleman are explosive athletes on the perimeter.  Duke is a nice 3rd down back.

If they hit on a QB in '17 or '18, it's gonna work and Cleveland will be a playoff contender in 2019 and/or 2020.

Sad state of affairs when I look at the Browns and think they are headed down the correct path faster than the Jets.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm happy the Fish and Bills keep winning. I don't need them getting better draft picks or having an easier schedule next year. We won 10 games last year and look where that got us this year. 

I dont think either of them are getting in the playoffs either. The AFC West is too strong

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because that had been starved of QB success for a few years and thought that he would be at worst mediocre. I dont think they expected him to be this bad.

He has had a 10 year career , never above 500, always losing big games. 10 years is enough to let any reasonable person know HE is the problem, not the teams that have released him.

33 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Sad state of affairs when I look at the Browns and think they are headed down the correct path faster than the Jets.

First of all, there is still time for Cleveland to mess things up.

As for faster, they have been sucking for a lot longer than us; in fact they haven't had a winning season since 2007 and, except for 2014, hadn't won more than 5 games since then either. They haven't been to the playoffs since 2002 and haven't won a playoff game since 1994. So, they have been rebuilding for quite a while. So, they have a huge head-start. They are the perfect example of why sucking for 5 years doesn't get you a good team.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because that had been starved of QB success for a few years and thought that he would be at worst mediocre. I dont think they expected him to be this bad.

Not only did I expect it I knew it and so did many others on this board. 

What you saw last season was against the weakest teams in the NFL. 

Its a damn shame our GM and coaching staff wasn't smart enough to see the same damn thing. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Not only did I expect it I knew it and so did many others on this board. 

What you saw last season was against the weakest teams in the NFL. 

Its a damn shame our GM and coaching staff wasn't smart enough to see the same damn thing. 

I expected 10 TDs 9 INTs 

Media wanted him back too. Macc would have been roasted for it. Cimini and Mehta were pushing for it

Part of the reason why the Jets should move. MEdia pressure allows them to be themselves.

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

what is Fitz record against teams above 500?  What is his playoff record?   Many Jets fans wanted him.

Why?

This has nothing to do with any of that. 

You said many Jets fans anointed him a top 5 QB this past off-season. I defy you to find even one post that claimed top 10; let alone top 5. Everyone that wanted him back knew his limitations. My post was simply pointing out your post's hyperbole.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Agreed.  And by constructing a youthful team built to lose... they have given themselves another chance this season, and will have another next year, to select a top-tier QB prospect.

There are some offensive pieces in place for whomever they choose. Crowell is a mean SOB running back.  Pryor and Coleman are explosive athletes on the perimeter.  Duke is a nice 3rd down back.

If they hit on a QB in '17 or '18, it's gonna work and Cleveland will be a playoff contender in 2019 and/or 2020.

The Browns are 0-11 and the only path they are headed down is to be a laughing stock again next year. Please stop with the wild generalizations to prove some false narrative about constructing a "youthful team"

14 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This has nothing to do with any of that. 

You said many Jets fans anointed him a top 5 QB this past off-season. I defy you to find even one post that claimed top 10; let alone top 5. Everyone that wanted him back knew his limitations. My post was simply pointing out your post's hyperbole.

I didnt mean to imply top 5, I said anointed, not anointed as top 5  in fact you seem to be the only one who interpreted it that way.  I simply stated Jets fans anointed him under the same criteria. I dont believe anyone thought he was even top 15.  

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

That was a big win for the Dolphins. The Bills aren't going anywhere. The Dolphins have a legit shot at the post season. We'll see if they fall apart as usual, or if Gase can get them in.

A big win? The Rams gift wrapped that game and gave it to them with help from the referees you mean. MIA's first score happened because the ref swallowed his whistle when Landry not only had forward progress stopped but was being driven backwards. He stops the play as the rules state when it was clear forward progress was stopped and it's 4th and 3 from the 4 yd line rather than TD MIA... That changed the whole game.

1 minute ago, Awesumtenor said:

A big win? The Rams gift wrapped that game and gave it to them with help from the referees you mean. MIA's first score happened because the ref swallowed his whistle when Landry not only had forward progress stopped but was being driven backwards. He stops the play as the rules state when it was clear forward progress was stopped and it's 4th and 3 from the 4 yd line rather than TD MIA... That changed the whole game.

I could not believe they didn't blow the whistle! Are you f*cking kidding me? There are so many late hit penalty calls that players are afraid to fly into the pile. Here is the NFL telling players to HOLD UP & not pile in late, but look what happens when the defense thought progress was stopped & they let up.

Complete & utter BS. I can't stand Jeff Fisher but there is no way in hell the refs didn't get an earful after that debacle.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

First of all, there is still time for Cleveland to mess things up.

As for faster, they have been sucking for a lot longer than us; in fact they haven't had a winning season since 2007 and, except for 2014, hadn't won more than 5 games since then either. They haven't been to the playoffs since 2002 and haven't won a playoff game since 1994. So, they have been rebuilding for quite a while. So, they have a huge head-start. They are the perfect example of why sucking for 5 years doesn't get you a good team.

Once again, you aren't listening to what I'm saying.  This is a logical, mathematical,  "moneyball" style rebuild in its FIRST season.  The previous rebuilds you are referring to are irrelevant from a logical standpoint. 

From a historical, and dysfunctional franchise standpoint?  Different story.

The Jets have to start this in 2017.  So yeah, I feel the Browns are one year ahead.

36 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

False. If the ref stopped his progress it would've been 3rd and 3 from the 4 yard line. Not 4th down.

53 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Browns are 0-11 and the only path they are headed down is to be a laughing stock again next year. Please stop with the wild generalizations to prove some false narrative about constructing a "youthful team"

They are going to lose between 11 and 14 games again next year.  That is a good thing for them.

And how exactly would you categorize a team with 17 rookies and half a roster of players with one year or less in the NFL?  "Youthful" seems accurate to me.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Once again, you aren't listening to what I'm saying.  This is a logical, mathematical,  "moneyball" style rebuild in its FIRST season.  The previous rebuilds you are referring to are irrelevant from a logical standpoint. 

From a historical, and dysfunctional franchise standpoint?  Different story.

The Jets have to start this in 2017.  So yeah, I feel the Browns are one year ahead.

Not sure how many times I have commented on one of your posts to merit the 'once again', but okay....

My points are:

1. I wouldn't be worried about Cleveland getting the jump on us as they are likely to screw up their rebuild

2. If they started before us, the likely hood is that they would be 'faster' then us - and that isn't sad as we haven't sucked as long...

3. This isn't baseball; this team (and many others) have proven that sucking for a few years rarely translates to building a consistent winner; and when it does, the FO that caused the consistent looser is NEVER responsible for the rebuild. Thus, no FO is going to try and suck.

Yes, Cleveland has a bunch of draft picks. They have had two crappy seasons back-to-back. I would not want to be a Cleveland fan. They have sucked for the last decade, they have been worse over the last 2 years. There is NO indication that they will build a great team. Indy sucked for Luck and still haven't made it to the big show. Look back over the past 5 to 10 years and you will see that the odds are that a crappy team will still be a crappy team even after getting the top few picks year after year.

Not sure how many fans would be happy with us building a young team designed to loose for 2 years in the hops of hitting lightning in the bottle. Many say that now, but wait until they have another crappy season (or two); they will be lobbying for Trump to buy the team or swearing off the Jets for life (every year :-) ).

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

we sure could use a coach like rex and an exec like tannebaum.  hopefully one day that can happen.

Why? Rex has a .500 team and the Dolphisn have done nothing yet.

Let them accomplish something first before you start talking about how we miss these two guys. According to you, a season is only looked at positively if the team makes the playoffs.

So if Rex and the Bills don't get in, he has failed 2 years in a row in Buffalo.

The Dolphins are in a good spot. But once again, have accomplished nothing. They're 6-4. They still have to cross the finish line.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why? Rex has a .500 team and the Dolphisn have done nothing yet.

Let them accomplish something first before you start talking about how we miss these two guys. According to you, a season is only looked at positively if the team makes the playoffs.

So if Rex and the Bills don't get in, he has failed 2 years in a row in Buffalo.

The Dolphins are in a good spot. But once again, have accomplished nothing. They're 6-4. They still have to cross the finish line.

what rex is doing w/ that depleted roster is incredible.  w/ half the talent we have they are twice as good as we are.

would you rather be 5-5/6-4 and be in the playoff race or 3-7 w/ our season over by Halloween?

Archived