Cut Revis

johnnyjet

10 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Cut him.  Even if he's the best corner on the team, he doesn't deserve $17 million and we can't allocate that much cap room to a mediocre CB whose ability can be had for $6 million.  Would still save even after factoring in the dead money.

He is not the best corner on the team, at all.  I'd say he is the worst.  And Im not joking.  With his play this year if his name was anything else he would have his ass on the bench for sure.

He's going to have to convert to safety if he wants to stay on this team.  Today was imo one of his worst days as a pro.  I mean I don't mind if Edelman beats him on a perfect timing route from time to time, very few people are that quick.  But he was victimized by NE's rookie wr multiple times today, and in particular on the final drive.  

That can't happen for a number one corner.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Doubt that, atleast Revis has a history of being elite/the best. I know a QB who held out all offseason for a contract and he's done nothing in this league. 

Revis is a product of the environment here the defense coordinator sucks the players are not being used to their best advantage, 

Doubt that, atleast Revis has a history of being elite/the best. I know a QB who held out all offseason for a contract and he's done nothing in this league. 

Revis had 3 great years out of the 9 he's been in the league. 2009 2010 maybe 2011 he got hurt in 2012 and hasn't been the same since. To me that's not a HOF CB Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Rod Woodson. Terrance Newman all played at a high level until their mid-late 30. This guys has mailed it in at 30/31. He's a cancer to the team and a slouch. This guy was supposed to be our best player since Curtis Martin and Namath and an intricate piece of our team. Our Ray Lewis.Our Derek Jeter. When you think of the Jets you think of Darrelle Revis. This guy just doesn't care and frankly why should we.

2 minutes ago, tfine said:

Revis had 3 great years out of the 9 he's been in the league. 2009 2010 maybe 2011 he got hurt in 2012 and hasn't been the same since. To me that's not a HOF CB Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Rod Woodson. Terrance Newman all played at a high level until their mid-late 30. This guys has mailed it in at 30/31. He's a cancer to the team and a slouch. This guy was supposed to be our best player since Curtis Martin and Namath and an intricate piece of our team. Our Ray Lewis.Our Derek Jeter. When you think of the Jets you think of Darrelle Revis. This guy just doesn't care and frankly why should we.

Okay...

Doesn't make him the biggest fraud though. 

Okay...
Doesn't make him the biggest fraud though. 

Your fooling yourself. The guy is getting paid 17 million a year to lock down the best receiver, make plays, and create turnovers. How many INT's does he have this year? How many PD's? Forced fumbles? Fumble recoveries? How many game changing plays does he have? Oh yea None! At this point there's not a big drop off between him and a rookie corner. At least the rookie will give more of an effort. If I was Bowles I would've benched him a long time ago. So, yes I consider that being a fraud.

1 minute ago, tfine said:

Your fooling yourself. The guy is getting paid 17 million a year to lock down the best receiver, make plays, and create turnovers. How many INT's does he have this year? How many PD's? Forced fumbles? Fumble recoveries? How many game changing plays does he have? Oh yea None! At this point there's not a big drop off between him and a rookie corner. At least the rookie will give more of an effort. If I was Bowles I would've benched him a long time ago. So, yes I consider that being a fraud.

Okay...

Doesn't make him the biggest fraud though. Fans are pissed that he's a great business man more than anything.

Revis is having a horrible season, but that money paid was based on his history...not some untapped potential. He's regressed terribly, not denying that. But "biggest fraud", when Fitz is our qb which kept us from evaluating 3 QB's under rookie contracts while paying him 12 million yet has only been to the playoffs as a fan and his biggest NFL achievement is having commentators reiterate about how he went to Harvard? 

Revis isn't the biggest fraud, he's not even the biggest fraud on the Jets.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay...

Doesn't make him the biggest fraud though. Fans are pissed that he's a great business man more than anything.

Revis is having a horrible season, but that money paid was based on his history...not some untapped potential. He's regressed terribly, not denying that. But "biggest fraud", when Fitz is our qb which kept us from evaluating 3 QB's under rookie contracts while paying him 12 million yet has only been to the playoffs as a fan and his biggest NFL achievement is having commentators reiterate about how he went to Harvard? 

Revis isn't the biggest fraud, he's not even the biggest fraud on the Jets.

Biggest fraud 

1 hour ago, Hael said:

He's going to have to convert to safety if he wants to stay on this team.  Today was imo one of his worst days as a pro.  I mean I don't mind if Edelman beats him on a perfect timing route from time to time, very few people are that quick.  But he was victimized by NE's rookie wr multiple times today, and in particular on the final drive.  

That can't happen for a number one corner.

You have to be willing to tackle to play safety...

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don't get pissed at Revis for being a great businessman get pissed at Fitz for being a great businessman! 

I mean do people even believe this stuff they write?

Carl do you fully understand the game of football?  

The defensive coordinator here sucks ass the Jets have the players to be decent the schemes are terrible. 

How many times did we sniff Brady today?  

Without a pass rush any secondary will be exposed. 

I rest my case that these morons couldn't find a way to get to Brady a CB blitz,standeveryone up, something..

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

So you fire the coach...send him and a bunch of underperforming slugs out of town.  Then what?  same ole, same ole.

Bring in football minded educated people proven winners or those with success, 

Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowels have 0 success in their careers. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl do you fully understand the game of football?  

The defensive coordinator here sucks ass the Jets have the players to be decent the schemes are terrible. 

How many times did we sniff Brady today?  

Without a pass rush any secondary will be exposed. 

I rest my case that these morons couldn't find a way to get to Brady a CB blitz,standeveryone up, something..

Yes Joe. I do. It's obvious that you may not though. 

The Jets sacked Andy Dalton 7 times. AJ Green still had 180 yards. Don't tell me about pressure. And if Revis needs safety help, and he does, then he isn't worth 17 million dollars anymore. 

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Revis has always been an a$$hole BUT at least he used to be great so you would put up with his antics.  Now he is just terrible and he doesn't even care as long as he gets paid

Sounds just like the 85 million dollar man. He stinks too.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes Joe. I do. It's obvious that you may not though. 

The Jets sacked Andy Dalton 7 times. AJ Green still had 180 yards. Don't tell me about pressure. And if Revis needs safety help, and he does, then he isn't worth 17 million dollars anymore. 

Carl Revis is a lot older and slower than these fast top 5 NFL Wr's thats he's covering how come he's not getting help from the cover S, 

Archived