Traffic Leaving the Stadium

Lot K Tailgaters

I have been going to Jets games since 1991 when I was 11 years old and have always parked in lot K (formerly lot 13).  I could always fly out of that lot hit route 3 and the GSP south and be home fairly quickly. 

This season has been a nightmare exiting the stadium and each week it seems to get worse.  Between bus lines of people standing in front of my car and Uber drivers taking up a lane it's been a disaster.  Has anyone else felt the same way?

I'm sure Monday night won't be an issue since the stadium will be a ghost town.

Plus, the parking attendants are totally useless. They do nothing to help direct traffic and get the cars out of the lot. They just basically stand to the side and smoke cigarettes. I went through that tonight in the IZOD LOT... Nice job Jets!! F-ING HORRIBLE.

The uber situation is becoming a problem for stadiums all over the place to be honest. Stadiums need to start using the method that most airports use where they just have a designated area for ride sharing. Funny thing is the stadiums could run some good promotions with Lyft or Uber if they'd smarten up about it.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The uber situation is becoming a problem for stadiums all over the place to be honest. Stadiums need to start using the method that most airports use where they just have a designated area for ride sharing. Funny thing is the stadiums could run some good promotions with Lyft or Uber if they'd smarten up about it.

They had that in Miami and it was a disaster.

Took 90 minutes for me to get a car while waiting with hundreds and hundreds of people in the "Uber Zone".

7 hours ago, #90 said:

Plus, the parking attendants are totally useless. They do nothing to help direct traffic and get the cars out of the lot. They just basically stand to the side and smoke cigarettes. I went through that tonight in the IZOD LOT... Nice job Jets!! F-ING HORRIBLE.

What parking attendants ? Those morons wearing vests couldn't spell their own names ; must be some type of program to help the mentally retarded ; we asked them a question last night and we got four different answers . HAHAHA . typical Jet employees .

I have the green ticket-it is useless as are there tons of security there as welll-I watched a few cars at the last game hit each other over and over again as neither wanted to let the other one into the merge to one lane while the attendants watched and laughed and did nothing

as a psl owner that spends lots of money one of my "exclusive perks" was to be the green passes that then they let everybody get

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is absolutely the problem. Two lanes leaving the parking lot, one lane filled with parked uber drivers, its BS!

The new stadium is far worse than the old stadium when it comes to the parking lots and entering and exiting the stadium the design is piss poor it is not fan friendly. I mentioned weeks ago about driving all around the place to get nowhere I used to exit easily myself and get right on Rt3 those days are gone.The parking lot babysitters are useless for anything.Losing brings out all the complaints but winning or losing this is valid one. 

Traffic wasn't so bad exiting the lot. I left when the clock struck 0:00. Left via the Pepsi Gate and left Lot L within 10 minutes and was on Route 3 East by 7:40pm and back home in the UWS by 8:25pm. Last year after the Pats games was HELL to get home, not too bad this year. 

7 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

"There is no traffic at the stadium, ever. It is great" - SAR I, probably

It's all about where you park and where you sit.

I sit in the Verizon gate and I park in Lot E, right by the ticket plaza.   I make the left to go under the pedestrian bridge and can be out of the stadium in 5 minutes most games.  The Mezzanine is the least populated level and getting to the stairs and out of the stadium into the lots is express service compared to the upper deck and lower levels.

That said, if it's a close game and everyone leaves at the same time, the people crossing the road into Lot D from the left and all the Uber taxi's queued up on the right basically make the exit a one-lane road for 300 feet and it's not good even for me who gets out of there well ahead of the rest.  Back in 2010 before Uber became ubiquitous, this wasn't a problem at all.  Something needs to be done about it.  An Uber zone makes a lot of sense, but them by the Port Authority buses since these are the people choosing the cars over the buses.

SAR I

Honestly you can't really blame them.  I can imagine the discussion...

MetLife Authority Pregame Meeting Before Pats Game

Dude 1:  "Should we be concerned with Uber causing traffic delays?"

Everyone else:  "lmfao... traffic?  You dumbass, wtf are you smoking?  They're 3-7 and Fitz is the QB.  Who the hell is going to watch that $hit?  There won't be any traffic."

There's no way they expected that many people to show up.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's all about where you park and where you sit.

I sit in the Verizon gate and I park in Lot E, right by the ticket plaza.   I make the left to go under the pedestrian bridge and can be out of the stadium in 5 minutes most games.  The Mezzanine is the least populated level and getting to the stairs and out of the stadium into the lots is express service compared to the upper deck and lower levels.

That said, if it's a close game and everyone leaves at the same time, the people crossing the road into Lot D from the left and all the Uber taxi's queued up on the right basically make the exit a one-lane road for 300 feet and it's not good even for me who gets out of there well ahead of the rest.  Back in 2010 before Uber became ubiquitous, this wasn't a problem at all.  Something needs to be done about it.  An Uber zone makes a lot of sense, but them by the Port Authority buses since these are the people choosing the cars over the buses.

SAR I

Are you allergic to Ubers ? They need love too .

Those parking attendants are the WORST.  I posted about an issue last year.  Guy was insisting I go back down this path I'd just escaped.  There were thousands of fans walking through that lot to the gate, there were cars going in both directions blocking one another.  I saw a truck crash into a parked car.  I told this all to the guy and he was like "yeah, it's bad over there."  This was shortly before game time on the Thurs night game.  Meanwhile, there were ROWS AND ROWS of empty parking spots in the other direction.

I think they let chaos ensue early.  People set up taking multiple spots.  When it gets busy, they try to systematically fill the empty lots.  It is frustrating since they want you to drive up and down and find the few open spots.  I am remembering more - the guy told me "there are still a few spots."  I told him about the car and foot traffic, the accident, and that there were spots filled with tailgaters.  He was like "they should have gone in by now...."

Useless nitwits.  I have complained on like every survey about these people.  And for context, I generally love this stadium and the game day experience.  Those idiots are one glaring area for improvement.

38 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Is that under 10 hours round trip?

From where I live the LIRR to Penn Station is an hour. You have to watch it with NJ Transit. They aren't a competition outfit. You'd think on the day of the game they'd run enough trains. But there seems to be a lag sometimes. And then you still have to change at Secaucus station. I've been lucky getting a seat. But sometimes there's a million people waiting for these trains. And after the game a long line. But I get home home in two plus hours. And it's more fun and easier than driving in Jersey. And going over bridges and paying for parking and tolls. 

When I bought my seats, I purposely purchased lower level seats around row 30. Picked a section that was easy to get out of. I remember him trying to sell me Mezz and I made him show me how to get out from there. It took a little longer than the section I am sitting in for the lower level. So I bought them and upgraded to a green pass. If I walk right out after the game, I can get right out.

This week I got to the back of Lot F, the lot was open and I could have got right out of the lot and on to the Turnpike entrance ramp thing. Basically means you have to hustle once the game ends.

But we tailgate after the game. Made a post game dinner in the lot and watched some TV. :) I figure even if I get right out of the lot, the Turnpike is still going to be backed up. So I am not fighting it anymore, especially since I have to merge in with a 35 foot vehicle now lol. So kick back, listen to Glenn Naughton yell about Todd Bowles and just enjoy a chicken dinner haha.

leaving1.jpg

leaving2.jpg

4 hours ago, Cornfed said:

Those parking attendants are the WORST.  I posted about an issue last year.  Guy was insisting I go back down this path I'd just escaped.  There were thousands of fans walking through that lot to the gate, there were cars going in both directions blocking one another.  I saw a truck crash into a parked car.  I told this all to the guy and he was like "yeah, it's bad over there."  This was shortly before game time on the Thurs night game.  Meanwhile, there were ROWS AND ROWS of empty parking spots in the other direction.

I think they let chaos ensue early.  People set up taking multiple spots.  When it gets busy, they try to systematically fill the empty lots.  It is frustrating since they want you to drive up and down and find the few open spots.  I am remembering more - the guy told me "there are still a few spots."  I told him about the car and foot traffic, the accident, and that there were spots filled with tailgaters.  He was like "they should have gone in by now...."

Useless nitwits.  I have complained on like every survey about these people.  And for context, I generally love this stadium and the game day experience.  Those idiots are one glaring area for improvement.

Empty spots won't be hard to find the rest of this season lol.

The new stadium is far worse than the old stadium when it comes to the parking lots and entering and exiting the stadium the design is piss poor it is not fan friendly. I mentioned weeks ago about driving all around the place to get nowhere I used to exit easily myself and get right on Rt3 those days are gone.The parking lot babysitters are useless for anything.Losing brings out all the complaints but winning or losing this is valid one. 

How would you know? Attend one game at MetLife at least before hoisting your opinion. Or is this another viewpoint you got from your mythical neighbor who goes to games and then reports on them to you on your couch?

If anyone gets the chance call the Jets to complain about the Ubers.  I called yesterday and I don't think they've had many complaints about it but they seemed to actually be a bit concerned about this.  I'm usually pretty critical of the ticket office.

I also told them they should do what they do in Kansas City and use rewards points to get a parking pass that lets you in to tailgate 30 mins before the lots open.  This is worth more than a bobblehead to those of us who arrive early.  I also said 75% of the lines should be dedicated to people who have rewards cards to swipe in and let the other 25% go to jamokes who bought their tickets off SH.

5 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If anyone gets the chance call the Jets to complain about the Ubers.  I called yesterday and I don't think they've had many complaints about it but they seemed to actually be a bit concerned about this.  I'm usually pretty critical of the ticket office.

I also told them they should do what they do in Kansas City and use rewards points to get a parking pass that lets you in to tailgate 30 mins before the lots open.  This is worth more than a bobblehead to those of us who arrive early.  I also said 75% of the lines should be dedicated to people who have rewards cards to swipe in and let the other 25% go to jamokes who bought their tickets off SH.

That would make too much sense.  JET UP!

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I have complained many times about the Rewards program.  The only thing I've gotten so far were those stemless wine glasses last year.  The year before I drained all points on the auction for the London game (which I had no desire to attend.  Lost the auction, but then fate had me in Europe that weekend for work, and I totally could have gone.  But I got lazy, now I wish I'd gone, and I regret it.  But I digress...).

I looked the other day and see pretty much nothing.  I'd like a suite for a game, but I won't win those bids, especially since I can't combine my points.

And I go to like every game (haven't missed any this year), and almost always buy stuff inside.  WTF?

Long winded point - I love your idea of using those points for something we actually want.  For me, if they could play with lines getting in, that would be magical.  I totally acknowledge that fan safety is the most important thing, and I am cool waiting for 10-20 minutes in line if that's what it takes, and I thank the boys in blue - they have my utmost respect and I do whatever the f they say.  That said, if there was a way to reward nutty STH'ers like me with a faster line for all my points while not compromising our security, I'm in.

One last note - that 15% cash back on the Mastercard is a nice perk.  Happy for that one, and it's real if you buy stuff inside.

Quick q - is traffic going south on the Turnpike still slow leaving games?  I've been a route 3 guy for many years, and it's been great.  I think the Turnpike is marginally faster for me if no traffic.  Just wondering if that is a viable option since I haven't tried in years.

2 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I have complained many times about the Rewards program.  The only thing I've gotten so far were those stemless wine glasses last year.  The year before I drained all points on the auction for the London game (which I had no desire to attend.  Lost the auction, but then fate had me in Europe that weekend for work, and I totally could have gone.  But I got lazy, now I wish I'd gone, and I regret it.  But I digress...).

I looked the other day and see pretty much nothing.  I'd like a suite for a game, but I won't win those bids, especially since I can't combine my points.

And I go to like every game (haven't missed any this year), and almost always buy stuff inside.  WTF?

Long winded point - I love your idea of using those points for something we actually want.  For me, if they could play with lines getting in, that would be magical.  I totally acknowledge that fan safety is the most important thing, and I am cool waiting for 10-20 minutes in line if that's what it takes, and I thank the boys in blue - they have my utmost respect and I do whatever the f they say.  That said, if there was a way to reward nutty STH'ers like me with a faster line for all my points while not compromising our security, I'm in.

One last note - that 15% cash back on the Mastercard is a nice perk.  Happy for that one, and it's real if you buy stuff inside.

No reason why they can't have security checks and all that.  Just this way 75% of the lines are for STHers so we have more security dedicated that only we can use.

7 hours ago, Cornfed said:

The rewards program is rigged . I don't know anyone who has won the passes to the clubs . It's a sham .

Archived