Poll: Who should start at QB on Sunday?

AFJF

Who should start a at QB on Sunday?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Fitz, Petty or Hack

If the Jets brass had even a flash of brightness in Petty he would be playing, so with that I vote Hackenberg, he is your 2nd rounder picked by this regime, time to turn the page.  Tell Marshall, Mangold, Forte ect to STFU, or also take a seat with your bearded boy.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If the Jets brass had even a flash of brightness in Petty he would be playing, so with that I vote Hackenberg, he is your 2nd rounder picked by this regime, time to turn the page.  Tell Marshall, Mangold, Forte ect to STFU, or also take a seat with your bearded boy.

I feel this way too, but I would rather see them just flat out red shirt Hackenberg for the season. As much as that sucks, I'd rather see him fix his mechanical issues, and try to come in with a fresh perspective into camp next year and try to win the job. I think its a pretty low probability he amounts to a starting QB in this league, but putting him in now would probably end him.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I feel this way too, but I would rather see them just flat out red shirt Hackenberg for the season. As much as that sucks, I'd rather see him fix his mechanical issues, and try to come in with a fresh perspective into camp next year and try to win the job. I think its a pretty low probability he amounts to a starting QB in this league, but putting him in now would probably end him.

He may never fix those issues and is Bowles telling us something about Petty by not letting him play. 

The QB situation is a mess and a bunch of morons are controlling it all. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He may never fix those issues and is Bowles telling us something about Petty by not letting him play. 

The QB situation is a mess and a bunch of morons are controlling it all. 

There is nothing that is going to fix this season, its over. I want to give Hackenberg every chance possible to succeed, if that means not playing till next year, I would prefer that. I agree that the organization does not think highly of Petty, or Mac/Woody would demand he play.

48 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Am I answering this as a HC with my job on the line, or as a fan who cares about the long term prospects of the team?

If my job were on the line, there's no way I would be going with a SURE loser vs. someone maybe the owner would be ok with losing some games under the guise of finding out about him.

there's much more to head coaching than winning games. there's building a foundation of a team. There's showing leadership, even if in the short term you lose some games. He's not going to keep or lose his job because Fitzpatrick wins or loses some meaningless games. The Jets have been out of contention for weeks. Everyone, including the owner, knows this.

petty got his chance, muffed it

I think if you consider that the jets manufactured a fake in season "competition" for the back up spot after Geno got hurt it tells you want you need to know; they are grooming Hack for the future starter job, not Petty

not saying I agree with this, just something I think reveals some of what they are thinking

32 minutes ago, phill1c said:

If my job were on the line, there's no way I would be going with a SURE loser vs. someone maybe the owner would be ok with losing some games under the guise of finding out about him.

there's much more to head coaching than winning games. there's building a foundation of a team. There's showing leadership, even if in the short term you lose some games. He's not going to keep or lose his job because Fitzpatrick wins or loses some meaningless games. The Jets have been out of contention for weeks. Everyone, including the owner, knows this.

If they are going to run run dump off pass punt every play with Petty, we will go 3-13, have developed nothing, and the fan base will be even more rabid they are now. I want no part of Fitzpatrick anymore, but he played well enough to beat the Patriots the other night, and was far from the biggest problem on the field. HC's want to win the game in front of them, its how they are wired, its why they are HC's. Now if Bowles is a SB winning coach that has 5 years to build a franchise, he may think different, but for now he wants to win each game in front of him. Right or wrong, he thinks Fitzpatrick gives him the best chance. I don't like Bowls or Fitzpatrick, but I can see that reality.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

but he played well enough to beat the Patriots the other night,

Um, no he didn't.

If he had played well enough to win, they would have won. So, unless they have changed the definition of winning, nobody on the Jets played well enough to win that game.

He played well enough to lose by 5 points.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Um, no he didn't.

If he had played well enough to win, they would have won. So, unless they have changed the definition of winning, nobody on the Jets played well enough to win that game.

He played well enough to lose by 5 points.

cool, enjoy your evening, I am not interested in this.....

Archived