Marshall ...

CobraVerde

I know he is our best WR. I know he is suffering from not having Decker (even though Onunwa is like a million times better than Decker). We all know these things. But we all know that he has dropped so many easy catches and key passes. I want to see him with a QB that can get it to him but lets be real there are better WRs out there. 

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

He went down with the Futz ship

That's the only guy he plays hard for. Petty likes and trust Anderson because he's the only damn one who plays his heart out and will make a game saving play. Marshall has the ability too and we have seen it last year..that's why it pisses me off that Marshall looks like he doesn't give a sh*t. Doubt they cut him tho. He's popular here. They will deem it as an off year

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Isn't he injured? And he has sh*tty QBs that are always rushed throwing it to him. I'd definitely keep him around next year. 

Yeah i heard he has injuries all over but he wasnt injured in previous games. He's dropped a few easy catches and scores in many games. One drop is pretty much guaranteed. 

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

If you feel Marshall is the problem take a look at the attitude of the defensive players.

They both BLOW. Marshall isn't playing good and you know if. Negative rep me all you want lol.  Statistically marshalls having an amateur season this is the worst season he's ever had and visually you can tell he checked out. he  doesn't care if Fitz isn't throwing him 10 targets.. and I LOVE Marshall but I love the Jets more and we need that money. He isn't producing for 9 mill.

I love the guy but it just doesn't make sense to keep him.

we're going to be worse in 2017 then we are right now and fighting for the 2018 #1 overall pick.

marshall is near the end of his road- cut him loose, save $9 mill and let him go to a contender and try to make the playoffs once before he retires

lol not to get Brandon in trouble but.. I don't think you're supposed to play with a yellow flag.  But anyway... he's beat up and playing hurt and he's got a young QB throwing at him.  Hopefully next game he shows a little more effort and helps out Petty but I think he's one of the best WR's on the team and at his price it's not bad.  But I can see why people were angry with him tonight.. and I respect others opinions on getting rid of him.

tempAP_16353088195639--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Marshall just doesn't have the chemistry with Bryce that he had with Fitz, Anderson does. So it's Anderson who get those over the shoulder sideline routes, and not Brandon. It's not that Marshall isn't trying, it's a matter of chemistry  between a qb and his receiver.

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Marshall just doesn't have the chemistry with Bryce that he had with Fitz, Anderson does. So it's Anderson who get those over the shoulder sideline routes, and not Brandon. It's not that Marshall isn't trying, it's a matter of chemistry  between a qb and his receiver.

Do you need chemistry to catch balls that hit you in the chest? 

I saw at least  3 balls that he would have caught it Fitz was throwing to him. No ambition to win. Don't Tell me these guys are not quitting. They had 3 games left and nothing to play for. Most are just trying not to get hurt. Others are playing for pride and position. Petty, Powell, Williams, Anderson.

I am willing to roll the dice on this although it is a bit risky and the impact depends on a few things..

1. Can Decker fill his role in the offense? 

2. Can Charone Peake develop and fill his role? 

3. Can we replace him with a veteran who demands double coverage? 

4. Do we not try to replace him with a veteran Wr and put the $ into a veteran lineman to fill one of our many holes.... This crew is going to get someone killed. 

Last night was probably one of the games when Hack said to himself.... Thank God they didn't put me in....????

I personally hope scenario 1,2 and 4 play out!

5 minutes ago, Schoolboy said:

I am willing to roll the dice on this although it is a bit risky and the impact depends on a few things..

1. Can Decker fill his role in the offense? 

2. Can Charone Peake develop and fill his role? 

3. Can we replace him with a veteran who demands double coverage? 

4. Do we not try to replace him with a veteran Wr and put the $ into a veteran lineman to fill one of our many holes.... This crew is going to get someone killed. 

Last night was probably one of the games when Hack said to himself.... Thank God they didn't put me in....????

I personally hope scenario 1,2 and 4 play out!

I would draft Mike Williams from Clemson, and say bye bye Marshall. So simple, even the Jets should be able to figure it out.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Do you need chemistry to catch balls that hit you in the chest? 

Every single highly paid veteran should be either a leader or lead by example. What I saw from Brandon Marshall last night tells me it's MUCH MORE important to have 9 million dollars to help rebuild the our Oline & find pass rushers. The state of the Jets at this moment isn't good for a WR/TV personality, who drops easy passes. Don't forget the drop last year in New England, Jets make the playoffs if their #1 WR that we traded for does the only job he's paid for. His drop last night was the result of total disinterest, it was written on his face & his body language. 

We are going to suck next year. No reason whatsoever to keep any high paid older veterans. I can't watch Harris show up late to the party either, but at least he hustles, but he's shot & needs to go too. 

To say Enunwa is better than Eric Decker is a huge stretch.

Marshall always drops passes. Its really nothing new. I dont think he's not playing hard though. He's trying to get in sync with a new QB who has a lot more chemistry with guys like Anderson, ASJ, and Enunwa who he's worked with a lot more during his brief tenure in the league.

Isn't he injured? And he has sh*tty QBs that are always rushed throwing it to him. I'd definitely keep him around next year. 

Robbie Anderson has been making plays with the same rushed qbs. Marshal got hit in the chest yesterday and dropped the all that isn't on the qb or line. He is a great player still and would love to see him back but he has not has the best season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived