Mike Glennon

k-met57

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

"The Glennon Love" on the forum is due to the fact that the guy can pass.  Long and accurate.  How long has it been that we've had someone who can do that?

Long and far? 2013 was bottom of the league in completion percentage and very bottom of the league in yards per attempt. Try again. The grass is. It greener here friends. He's a below average QB. Period. 

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

i want to agree because i saw what favre did during the short time he was healthy but i just can't see how any qb will be able to improve the secondary or keep from playing from behind or produce points while starting with bad field position all the time.  they need a guy who knows how to play the game.  imo fitz is a lot closer to what this team needs than either petty or hack but fitz also has some serious limitations that really hurt him and the team.

back in 98 parcells pulled vinny off the scrap heap.  he came to back up foley.  foley goes down and vinnie leads the team to the afc championship game. the jets need the next vinnie at this point if they want a decent season next year.  if they go with petty or hack, i can't see better than 8-8 at this point.

Vinny did make the Pro Bowl in 1996 so he wasn't that bad..:)

are you people serious?
talk about high risk low reward. am i the only one who watched him crumble every time there was any pressure in the pocket in 2013/2014? you'd think after watching Geno and Sanchez this would be the primary factor in judging a QB around here.
http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/31/5042768/mike-glennon-vs-game-film-week
dont know what the answer is, but its not 15mil for Mike Glennon.

The answer starts at offensive line. Without fixing our line it doesn't matter who our qb is or what weapons he has.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Long and far? 2013 was bottom of the league in completion percentage and very bottom of the league in yards per attempt. Try again. The grass is. It greener here friends. He's a below average QB. Period. 

For QBs with over 400 attempts he finished 15th, middle of the road.  We're also talking about a rookie, who had a 59.4% completion percentage.  For reference, the immortal Tom Brady was only 1 point better. 

Also, we forget the poor talent he had on that offense. This was the roster:

Quarterbacks

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Doug Martin was placed on IR week 7.

Again, I'm not saying he's the answer. I do think he's an intriguing option as a potential FA.

but I want Tyrod.

58 minutes ago, heymangold said:

For QBs with over 400 attempts he finished 15th, middle of the road.  We're also talking about a rookie, who had a 59.4% completion percentage.  For reference, the immortal Tom Brady was only 1 point better. 

Also, we forget the poor talent he had on that offense. This was the roster:

Quarterbacks

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Doug Martin was placed on IR week 7.

Again, I'm not saying he's the answer. I do think he's an intriguing option as a potential FA.

but I want Tyrod.

Lol Thank you. 

21 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

Rather get Tyrod Taylor. He's mobile plus has a cannon. It's time we shake things up and stop with these slow immobile QBs. Glennon is like a stiff turtle. He will get creamed due to his inability to move on his feet.

Tyrod has the ability to move his feet yet has the tendency to get injured when he does. He also has a tendency to scramble when he doesn't really have to and he takes his eyes off of the receivers that are in the short/intermediate areas on the field. Glennon meanwhile isn't a scrambler but has a good feel for the pocket and his eyes are ALWAYS down field looking to make a play.

That isn't a demerit on his game whatsoever. That's called being a quarterback. He moves his feet...within the pocket. 

I've said this in earlier threads and still believe in it; sign Glennon and let him battle Petty and Hack for the starting position.  The only caveat that I will make is that I wouldn't pay Osweiler money for him.  I'm thinking 3 years at 10-14 million max.  If structured correctly we can get out of it in 2 years with minimal damage.  If he plays well he could be a long term solution as he is only 27.

As a rookie and second year man, (part of the season), Glennon had 30 TDs and 15 INT's.  I'll take that ratio.  And outside of Vincent Jackson, who's good-but-not-great, all he had for receivers and the backfield were scrubs who were on their way out of the league.  The better ones had a short career in Canada.

Plus, have you ever seen Glennon throw the football?  His accurate passes speak volumes.

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No they aren't. Not that desperate. And whomever gives that stiff 15 million will regret it. Just not smart business. Look at Osweiler. 

The thing is though, they are desperate.  This team hasn't had a quality QB in god knows how long.  Everyone knows you need a QB to win games.  You don't win if you don't have a QB.  I'm not saying break the bank for a guy like Glennon, but he's probably worth the 12 mil they gave to fitz.  He's had better numbers haha.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

The thing is though, they are desperate.  This team hasn't had a quality QB in god knows how long.  Everyone knows you need a QB to win games.  You don't win if you don't have a QB.  I'm not saying break the bank for a guy like Glennon, but he's probably worth the 12 mil they gave to fitz.  He's had better numbers haha.

Mike Glennon never had a year as good as Fitz had last season. Neither are going to be Jets QBs next season. It's not worth discussing really. He wouldn't do well as a Jet. He's immobile and he's below average. He also hasn't played meaningful football in years. He want to come here on a one year show me deal for less than 10 with a team option? Sure. Anything north of that is fiscally irresponsible. 

6 minutes ago, August said:

Why because you want it to be that way? He very well could be done here, but you can't dismiss him as an option for next year. 

Macc and Bowles dismissed him as an option the last two years. Why would the third year be a charm? Reality is Geno will be hard pressed to find a job coming off a knee injury. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc and Bowles dismissed him as an option the last two years. Why would the third year be a charm? Reality is Geno will be hard pressed to find a job coming off a knee injury. 

He was supposed to be the starter until he got injured in '15, the guy that replaced him played well so it was justified why the coach stuck with him. They chased said replacement in the offseason based on his performance the year before and they felt he could build on what he did from the year before. They then turned back to Geno after the replacement was given ample rope to hang himself. Bottom line is that he is a potential option whether you agree with it or not. 

17 minutes ago, August said:

He was supposed to be the starter until he got injured in '15, the guy that replaced him played well so it was justified why the coach stuck with him. They chased said replacement in the offseason based on his performance the year before and they felt he could build on what he did from the year before. They then turned back to Geno after the replacement was given ample rope to hang himself. Bottom line is that he is a potential option whether you agree with it or not. 

No. He isn't. He's gone. Wave bye to the bust and one of the worst QBs in Jets history.  

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. He isn't. He's gone. Wave bye to the bust and one of the worst QBs in Jets history.  

I'll wave bye when the Jets do something that is apparent that he won't be back. Until then he's a legit option to be brought back. 

16 minutes ago, August said:

I'll wave bye when the Jets do something that is apparent that he won't be back. Until then he's a legit option to be brought back. 

If they wanted him he would have started this year. Or would have re-signed him already. What signs point to him coming back? Be honest. There aren't any. Goodness. Reality check please. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they wanted him he would have started this year. Or would have re-signed him already. What signs point to him coming back? Be honest. There aren't any. Goodness. Reality check please. 

Except that Geno started this year and he probably would still be starting if he didn't get hurt. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would the Jets want to do that?

Why would Geno want to do that?

Convince me.

Nah, no matter what I say you won't agree with it. It's tough to change someone's mind on the internet who is as firm in their belief as you are on Geno. 

Just now, August said:

Except that Geno started this year and he probably would still be starting if he didn't get hurt. 

You don't know that and his own ineptitude got him hurt. What has the staff or management done to make you think he's an option moving forward? What makes you think they want a terrible QB back coming off a major knee injury? You aren't answering these questions. 

Archived