My Odds of the Jets 2017 1st Round Draft Pick (Ver 1.0)

Sarge4Tide

Jets 1st Round Draft Pick Odds

Ver 1.0 (Jan 3, 2017)

Odds based on Jets staying at the #6 pick

1. Deshaun Watson QB Clemson    7-1
  2. Cam Robinson OL Alabama    8-1
  3. DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame    8-1
  4. Dalvin Cook RB FSU    9-1
  5. Leonard Fournette RB LSU    11-1
  6. Mitch Trubisky QB North Carolina    12-1
  7. Mike Williams WR Clemson     14-1
  8. Jalen Tabor CB Florida     17-1
  9. Jamal Adams SS LSU    18-1
  10. Jonathan Allen DE Alabama    20-1
  11. Myles Garrett  DE TAMU    22-1
  12. Field    26-1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I think the chance of drafting a DB is pretty high. The idea alone of drafting another corner or safety in rd 1 makes me want to puke. But i think they could go that way.

Jabril Peppers is the only option I could tolerate. He's a difference maker caliber of athlete. And he can run back kicks, plays offense if needed, etc, to make him more valuable.

1 minute ago, Pointdexter said:

Jabril Peppers is the only option I could tolerate. He's a difference maker caliber of athlete. And he can run back kicks, plays offense if needed, etc, to make him more valuable.

I don't know if Peppers is a Top 10 pick right now....but it's a long way until the draft, he'll be one of the main people to watch at the Combine 

17 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Ver 1.0 (Jan 3, 2017)

12. Field    26-1

I will take the field please for $100.

10 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Unfortunately I think the chance of drafting a DB is pretty high. The idea alone of drafting another corner or safety in rd 1 makes me want to puke. But i think they could go that way.

Teez Tabor is the truth.  I wouldnt be upset at all if they took him at 6.  Homer Florida fan aside, the guy is a game changer.  Not only can he shut you down but if you make a mistake, he'll make you pay with 6 the other way.  It will be interesting to see what he does at the combine because I view him as a Jalen Ramsey but with actual ball skills. 

That said, draft a ******* QB or a LT already.  Lets not make this trivial.  You dont have one, draft one.  Simple.  I'd take Watson or Kizer and let them battle it out with the other 2 losers.  Or if they're afriad, then take Robinson.  

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Teez Tabor is the truth.  I wouldnt be upset at all if they took him at 6.  Homer Florida fan aside, the guy is a game changer.  Not only can he shut you down but if you make a mistake, he'll make you pay with 6 the other way.  It will be interesting to see what he does at the combine because I view him as a Jalen Ramsey but with actual ball skills. 

That said, draft a ******* QB or a LT already.  Lets not make this trivial.  You dont have one, draft one.  Simple.  I'd take Watson or Kizer and let them battle it out with the other 2 losers.  Or if they're afriad, then take Robinson.  

I'm seeing a lot of guys saying Quincy Wilson is actually the better NFL prospect from Florida.  What do you think from watching UF all year.

Take all QBs off the list,  We are 'developing' Hackenburg.  We won;t even draft any of those QBs in the 2nd round if they fall.

I like Cook a lot and would far rather have him than fournette.  Although not the exact same type of backs I view Cook as Elliot and Fournette as Henry from last year,

I want no part of Peppers at all.  We just drafted a small 'play making' hybrid player last year.  What position does Peppers play?  I am sick of hybrids.  I can see us taking a Cb for sure if one separates himself from the pack,

I would be happy with Cam Robinson... If he turns out to be a starting caliber LT, that's huge for the way this team is built. 

He's been moving up in a lot of draft boards lately. Earlier this year he was a mid round pick. Now he's creeping into the top 10 so he may no longer be a reach.

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm seeing a lot of guys saying Quincy Wilson is actually the better NFL prospect from Florida.  What do you think from watching UF all year.

I've seen those articles and its more of people just saying it, but not really giving a reason to support it.  The only article I've seen that actually points to something specific in Teez's game is that there is concern with his lack of long speed.  Which is fair.  I've seen him get beat long but so has Wilson.  And that's because they're as aggressive at the LOS as you will see in college corners.  Teez has an IT factor that I cant really describe.  He's an intense competitor known for pissing people off in practice he's going so hard and he's the type of guy to call out a WR and back it up.  Which I love.  You need to have insane confidence as a corner.  I think he's more of a leader than Wilson and I think he has better instincts.  

You cant go wrong with either but there is something about Teez that I think makes him special.  

35 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes, I have heard this too. Seems like one of these things where Tabor will have a better combine and be drafted higher but Wilson will end up being the better Pro. I mean, who knows, but everything I have heard suggests that Wilson is one of the top man-press CB prospects in the draft.  

Ah yes, and now @jif has explained the reasoning. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I've seen those articles and its more of people just saying it, but not really giving a reason to support it.  The only article I've seen that actually points to something specific in Teez's game is that there is concern with his lack of long speed.  Which is fair.  I've seen him get beat long but so has Wilson.  And that's because they're as aggressive at the LOS as you will see in college corners.  Teez has an IT factor that I cant really describe.  He's an intense competitor known for pissing people off in practice he's going so hard and he's the type of guy to call out a WR and back it up.  Which I love.  You need to have insane confidence as a corner.  I think he's more of a leader than Wilson and I think he has better instincts.  

You cant go wrong with either but there is something about Teez that I think makes him special.  

Awesome thanks for the response.

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Ver 1.0 (Jan 3, 2017)

12. Field    26-1

You probably need to add Pat Mahomes to this.

Ver 1.0 (Jan 3, 2017)

12. Field    26-1

Mike Williams please. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Yes, I have heard this too. Seems like one of these things where Tabor will have a better combine and be drafted higher but Wilson will end up being the better Pro. I mean, who knows, but everything I have heard suggests that Wilson is one of the top man-press CB prospects in the draft.  

Ah yes, and now @jif has explained the reasoning. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Awesome thanks for the response.

No problem.  I've been wrong before about Florida prospects...not often...but I've been wrong before. ;-)  And like I said, you cant go wrong with either.  They're both studs. 

If I had to give a comparison...Teez is like a Taqib Alib type.  He's intense, he's firey, he's competitive...he might push the envelope too much occasionally but he's a game changer.  Where as Quincy is more like Chris Harris.  Both studs, just in a different way.  

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Taking a QB at six would be admitting that Hack was a mistake. Macc won't do that. I'm thinking corner or one of the pass rushers if they fall. 

Was taking Hack admitting Petty was a mistake?

I dont think you can approach the draft this way.  I'm not saying Big Mac wont but this is a terrible way to build a team.  In the very least, you have insurance by having both and you dont pass on players because you "think" you have this other guy.  That's just stupid but its the Jets so it's probably going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You probably need to add Pat Mahomes to this.

Jets already have two project QBs. They don't need a third and definitely not at #6 overall. Not many air raid QBs go on to have NFL success. I'd imagine he's a day two guy anyway and not round one. Lots of time between now and then though. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mike Williams please. 

It would be so Jets to take a player at a luxury position that they have 5 young talents at from the last two drafts. Can't see it happening though. 

Just now, JiF said:

Was taking Hack admitting Petty was a mistake?

I dont think you can approach the draft this way.  I'm not saying Big Mac wont but this is a terrible way to build a team.  In the very least, you have insurance by having both and you dont pass on players because you "think" you have this other guy.  That's just stupid but its the Jets so it's probably going to happen. 

I don't think that it's the way to do business either but drafting a QB in round two and then sitting him the whole year makes me think that they want to actually give the kid and honest to goodness shot at it in 2017 with the fall back of a good crop in 2018. If they think there is a sure thing at six available at QB, they should take it. I don't think Macc is built that way or has the cajones. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jets already have two project QBs. They don't need a third and definitely not at #6 overall. Not many air raid QBs go on to have NFL success. I'd imagine he's a day two guy anyway and not round one. Lots of time between now and then though. 

It would be so Jets to take a player at a luxury position that they have 5 young talents at from the last two drafts. Can't see it happening though. 

Wut?  Hey it;s nice to get a hole of a guy like Anderson but it will be a huge success if one of the three from last year pans out.  And none of them are if the ilk of a Williams type.

I can see not wanting to draft a WR that early but our Wr core is hardly a beacon to be envied.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mike Williams is so much better than any Jets Wr, including Marshall and Decker, it's not funny. He had 100 yards on OSU who has 2 first rd Db's, and he was mostly a decoy the whole game. He is an impact player, something we haven't had on offense in 20 years. I doubt he will be there at 6, though.

I don't know if Peppers is a Top 10 pick right now....but it's a long way until the draft, he'll be one of the main people to watch at the Combine 

He's the kind of athlete that is going to absolutely light up the combine.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Tabor is the real deal and would solidify the CB position. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't think that it's the way to do business either but drafting a QB in round two and then sitting him the whole year makes me think that they want to actually give the kid and honest to goodness shot at it in 2017 with the fall back of a good crop in 2018. If they think there is a sure thing at six available at QB, they should take it. I don't think Macc is built that way or has the cajones. 

Meh, he drafted Hack the year after trading up for Petty.  I dont think he's scared to take another QB.

And lets face it, Petty and Hack are not NFL QB's.  I know Big Mac had a "plan" but when you're getting the worst QB play in the NFL and you're afriad to even dress your 2nd round pick...they know he's a long shot to make it.  

I think I heard somewhere that Hack is the 1st QB to be taken in the 1st 2 rounds to not play his 1st season since Brian Brohm.  That's bad.  Like really bad. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wut?  Hey it;s nice to get a hole of a guy like Anderson but it will be a huge success if one of the three from last year pans out.  And none of them are if the ilk of a Williams type.

I can see not wanting to draft a WR that early but our Wr core is hardly a beacon to be envied.

Decker, Enunwa, Peake, Anderson, Smith, and two Marshalls if no one is cut. 

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mike Williams is so much better than any Jets Wr, including Marshall and Decker, it's not funny. He had 100 yards on OSU who has 2 first rd Db's, and he was mostly a decoy the whole game. He is an impact player, something we haven't had on offense in 20 years. I doubt he will be there at 6, though.

I'm sure he's great. He's not a pressing need. Who is throwing him the ball next season? Who is protecting that QB? 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Decker, Enunwa, Peake, Anderson, Smith, and two Marshalls if no one is cut. 

I'm sure he's great. He's not a pressing need. Who is throwing him the ball next season? Who is protecting that QB? 

We have ZERO impact players on offense, nobody that opposing teams even have to worry about. I would say that's a pretty damn pressing need. 

They will not be taking a QB in the first round.  Mac will bring in a vet to start next season.  Both Mac and Bowles know they cannot survive another season like this one.  I also think Mac believes in Hackenberg, but will not trust his job security on Hackenberg in 2017. Our starting QB is not yet on this roster and it will be a veteran.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

They will not be taking a QB in the first round.  Mac will bring in a vet to start next season.  Both Mac and Bowles know they cannot survive another season like this one.  I also think Mac believes in Hackenberg, but will not trust his job security on Hackenberg in 2017. Our starting QB is not yet on this roster and it will be a veteran.

The key is what vet. If it's Romo, ugh. If it's Taylor, okay

Archived