Tom Coughlin named VP of Football Ops for Jacksonville

Matt39

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why would Jacksonville hire a no-nonsense football lifer to serve as an intermediary between their football operations and the owner? Doesn't Shad Khan have a younger brother he could install as Grand Viseur like most championship teams do? 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why would Jacksonville hire a no-nonsense football lifer to serve as an intermediary between their football operations and the owner? Doesn't Shad Khan have a younger brother he could install as Grand Viseur like most championship teams do? 

We are owned by a family of Fredo's.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FLORHAM PARK--For the third time in a row, Woody Johnson won't be searching for a general manager alone. The Jets owner was recently seen dining with the corpse of NFL legend Tex Schramm, and a source confirmed to the Post that Schramm's dessicated remains will be spearheading the team's search for a new head honcho.

So who is in charge in Jax. Coughlin or Caldwell who was extended. Why I don't know his teams have been losing for years now. I wonder where that leaves Idzik. That would be funny, Idzik and Coughlin in the same FO. But probably Ok, Coughlin is a good guy not interested in firing people. And Idzik is not the incompetent idiot some of our fan base accused him of being. Probably not GM material but in terms of the cap and some scouting and personnel work a good NFL FO guy. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So who is in charge in Jax. Coughlin or Caldwell who was extended. Why I don't know his teams have been losing for years now. I wonder where that leaves Idzik. That would be funny, Idzik and Coughlin in the same FO. But probably Ok, Coughlin is a good guy not interested in firing people. And Idzik is not the incompetent idiot some of our fan base accused him of being. Probably not GM material but in terms of the cap and some scouting and personnel work a good NFL FO guy. 

Idzik helped set up the Seahawks towards a whole lot of their success.  I liked his plan just fine but when you cant draft you are gonzo

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unlike the tight ship Rex has run over the last 5 or so years.

what does rex have to do w/ Coughlin?  I guess you are happy w/ the greatness of Todd Bowles though. damn rex for leading two of the most successful seasons in jets history!

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We are owned by a family of Fredo's.

45 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

FLORHAM PARK--For the third time in a row, Woody Johnson won't be searching for a general manager alone. The Jets owner was recently seen dining with the corpse of NFL legend Tex Schramm, and a source confirmed to the Post that Schramm's dessicated remains will be spearheading the team's search for a new head honcho.

Back to back dimes! 

53 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

download (5).jpg

k4241924.jpg

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

The main conversation at this well appointed soiree, was whether the remains of the late Otto Graham could be convinced to undertake a comeback with the NY Jets.  That and whether the cotton gin would ever again see widespread application in the workplace.

Good for Coughlin, but people really need to get a grip his last 3-4 years were awful.

Or don't fans remember him waving his arms on the sideline while the NYG lost a game

in the last minute.  Or him not doing anything when Beckham was acting like an ass on the field

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Idzik helped set up the Seahawks towards a whole lot of their success.  I liked his plan just fine but when you cant draft you are gonzo

Idzik was told he had to work with Bradway and his sidekick (who was that?  has he surfaced?) until their contracts expired.  Woody hates to waste money.  Idzik played the game but was not a personnel guy.

Idzik was screwed by Bradway.  I do think the Jets 2016 draft will be better than 2015.  

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I hate you. Hate you twice as much when you are right. But mostly I just hate the Jets, ugh.  LOL.

Archived