Darron Lee Assaulted in Ohio

AFJF

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-linebacker-darron-lee-attacked-man-ohio-article-1.2964518

New York Jets linebacker Darron Lee claims he was “jumped” by multiple attackers late Saturday.

Lee took to Twitter to chronicle the alleged assault on his way home in Columbus, where the 22-year-old athlete played football for Ohio State University.

“Nothing like getting jumped on a Saturday night,” he tweeted early Sunday.

Lee said that he was “completely sober” during the incident and was hit “for no reason.”

The 232-pound Jets rookie added that he did not fight back and "just withstood the blows.”

In another tweet, Lee commended the Columbus Police Department for “sparing a young man’s life tonight,” later referring to his assailants.

It was not immediately clear where the attack took place and what preceded the alleged incident.

I want to thank Columbus Police Department for sparing a young man's life tonight

— Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8) February 5, 2017

Lee added that he is "fine and safe now."

"I love life and I love all of you... I was just trying to go home," he said.

Police officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment by the Daily News.

Lee was drafted by the Jets in the first round of the 2016 draft and played 13 games in 2016. 

WITH NICOLE HENSLEY

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I'm sorry but Something about this story doesn't pass the smell test.  10 guys jump you and you say you didn't fight back.    Yet in another tweet you thank the police for saving one of your assailants life.   

What was Darron Lee almost killing them with kindness.

He's tiny, so everything around him looks big. He also takes awful angles and has zero instincts, so you have to allow for refraction.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

I'm sorry but Something about this story doesn't pass the smell test.  10 guys jump you and you say you didn't fight back.    Yet in another tweet you thank the police for saving one of your assailants life.   

What was Darron Lee almost killing them with kindness.

You guys are rough. Guy gets assaulted in real life only to get assaulted by the screenname tough guys after! Multiple means more than one, not ten. Secondly, you have no idea what transpired between police and the assailant after so why comment.

53 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In a related story Sister Mary Elephant's 4th grade glass will be staying after class to write midgets are people too 100 times each. 

Ha ha ha. And I thought ESPN Rex Ryan and Kitten Bowl VI were going to be the only highlights of the day. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

In a related story Sister Mary Elephant's 4th grade glass will be staying after class to write midgets are people too 100 times each. 

I still have that record stored away somewhere but the rolling paper is long gone.  

Younger guys proceed to scratching your head on what that means. 

8 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

I still have that record stored away somewhere but the rolling paper is long gone.  

Younger guys proceed to scratching your head on what that means. 

Anyone tried the legal vape? Its nice :)))))))

Archived