Report: Jets Want Tyrod, Not Culter

Warfish

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2017 at 2:30 PM, detectivekimble said:

That's because he's afraid to throw the ball in the middle of the field and he only throws to guys if they're open.  

That would be a refreshing change after what we witnessed under Fitzcrap-pick.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is great, the Jets get Taylor and Cutler winds up in Buffalo?  Sweet!

I knew you'd be pleased. :P

In truth, there does seem to be alot of smoke on the "Tyrod will get released, and the Jets will want him" rumor mill.

And surprisingly little on the "Jets want Glennon" front.  

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In truth, there does seem to be alot of smoke on the "Tyrod will get released, and the Jets will want him" rumor mill.

Hence the reason why I believe that the Jets are really targeting Glennon!!!

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Tyrod = higher floor \ lower ceiling.

Glennon = lower floor \ higher ceiling.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Tyrod = higher floor \ lower ceiling.

Glennon = lower floor \ higher ceiling.

Not sure I would agree with that evaluation, but in either case they are 1. young, 2. posses some quality potential and physical skill(s) and 3. Will cost too much (IMO).

If the Front Office can address issue #3, the price, I am fine (enough) with either guy being signed to a moderate length deal (no more than 3 years).

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not sure I would agree with that evaluation, but in either case they are 1. young, 2. posses some quality potential and physical skill(s) and 3. Will cost too much (IMO).

If the Front Office can address issue #3, the price, I am fine (enough) with either guy being signed to a moderate length deal (no more than 3 years).

Well yeah I am fine with either of them being ruled out because of # 3. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tyrod Taylor would be the best QB we've had in years his game is exciting to watch reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson. 

And he would have beaten Wilson head to head this year if the bills didn't get totally screwed by the refs

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrod is a much better choice than Cutler.

Cutler is worthless.  I have said this many times.  It seems like virtually all coaches and teammates that worked with him before at a previous location, never have any interest in working with him again.  That speaks volumes.   Even the B-Marsh Denver and Chicago thing failed the 2nd time around.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Tyrod update. That's a lot of coin for a guy who doesn't even throw for 200 yards a game. If the Bills cut him, that's all we need to know. 

This s fantastic news!! If we have a chance to get the starting QB of the 7-9 Bills who will be released, you absolutely have to do it. We may only go 6-10, but the bomb TD to Devon Smith in week 7 will be so worth it!

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Tyrod update. That's a lot of coin for a guy who doesn't even throw for 200 yards a game. If the Bills cut him, that's all we need to know. 

He had success despite Rex and his 1950 offense running the show.  That's all I need to know to go after him. 

59 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Cutler is worthless.  I have said this many times.  It seems like virtually all coaches and teammates that worked with him before at a previous location, never have any interest in working with him again.  That speaks volumes.   Even the B-Marsh Denver and Chicago thing failed the 2nd time around.

Um... you are aware that our QB coach followed him from Denver to Chicago?

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

He's sitting in Todd's office as we speak, saying..."Todd, he's not that bad of a guy, trust me".  Then Brandon Marshall walked by and was like, "dude could be the MVP of the league here"

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He had success despite Rex and his 1950 offense running the show.  That's all I need to know to go after him. 

So the Bills would rather go with Cardale Jones than this guy and that doesn't tell you anything? This would be the second team that wanted nothing to do with him. The Jets shouldn't either. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I see you are trying to cover yourself despite the implication you intend by including "seems like virtually..."  In fact in his first three seasons Cutler was by all reasonable measures successful.  Best Qb rating for a rookie in franchise history, his second year he was the 12th ranked Qb in the league, and he went to the Pro Bowl in his third season.  Josh McDaniels's replacing Shanahan was accompanied by a report her wanted to go a different route at Qb, and we can debate why and whether he was right, but McDaniels did not succeed overall as the HC for Denver.  Cutler forced a trade, and concededly his first year in Chicago did not go well.  But in 2010 the Bears went as far as the Champ game.

A lot of the negative image associated with Cutler developed during that game when he went out and did not go back in, but in hindsight it was very unfair.  Lovie Smith did not announce as he should that it was his decision to keep Cutler out, who the next day was found to have a sprained MCL.

2011 was unfortunate since he broke his thumb in a season ending injury, at which point the Bears were 6-3. Without him they lost six of their last seven games.

What to make of the last several seasons with Chicago is a discussion worth having.  Personally I think the team has suffered through poor CS's and FO's, as witness the turnstile they have had there.  But despite being injured last year, in 15 he had a career high in passing rating of 92.3.

I can't speak for you, but for myself if the Jets had a Qb who last year had a 92.3 Qb rating, I think  I would like him to come back.

Now I am not saying that Cutler is the right fit for the Jets right now.  But your post argues for something I think is not supported by the facts.

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So the Bills would rather go with Cardale Jones than this guy and that doesn't tell you anything? This would be the second team that wanted nothing to do with him. The Jets shouldn't either. 

It tells me the Bills are stupid.  They haven't been to the playoffs since 1999, so that's not exactly a shocking statement. 

The Ravens didn't let Tyrod get away to the Jets went Rex wanted him the first time around.  They aren't a team who "wanted nothing to do with him".  They liked him as a backup.  They just already had Flacco. 

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're acting as if the Bills are a competent organization.  They're literally run by some of the dumbest people in the world. 

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

I see you are trying to cover yourself despite the implication you intend by including "seems like virtually..."  In fact in his first three seasons Cutler was by all reasonable measures successful.  Best Qb rating for a rookie in franchise history, his second year he was the 12th ranked Qb in the league, and he went to the Pro Bowl in his third season.  Josh McDaniels's replacing Shanahan was accompanied by a report her wanted to go a different route at Qb, and we can debate why and whether he was right, but McDaniels did not succeed overall as the HC for Denver.  Cutler forced a trade, and concededly his first year in Chicago did not go well.  But in 2010 the Bears went as far as the Champ game.

A lot of the negative image associated with Cutler developed during that game when he went out and did not go back in, but in hindsight it was very unfair.  Lovie Smith did not announce as he should that it was his decision to keep Cutler out, who the next day was found to have a sprained MCL.

2011 was unfortunate since he broke his thumb in a season ending injury, at which point the Bears were 6-3. Without him they lost six of their last seven games.

What to make of the last several seasons with Chicago is a discussion worth having.  Personally I think the team has suffered through poor CS's and FO's, as witness the turnstile they have had there.  But despite being injured last year, in 15 he had a career high in passing rating of 92.3.

I can't speak for you, but for myself if the Jets had a Qb who last year had a 92.3 Qb rating, I think  I would like him to come back.

Now I am not saying that Cutler is the right fit for the Jets right now.  But your post argues for something I think is not supported by the facts.

And what about this report?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/a-whole-lot-of-jay-cutlers-ex-coaches-are-ripping-him-anonymously/

Cutler has a bad "vibe."  This almost undebatable.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I suggest you read the PFT article I posted above,  then decide if what I am saying is likely the truth...  and not some made up "alternative facts."

I'd take Cutler over Tyrod Taylor but in reality I want neither.  I don't want Glennon either.  None of these guys are the answer and all of them will cost too much.

Saw a very disturbing post on the hampur just now though they had link to a tweet from Geno Smith, unless it is a fake account the tweet said: "Don't act surprised!  That is all I am going to say!"

Archived