Suck for Sam in 17

5 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Yes, I prefer to be optimistic, but just like there is no guarantee that these players will succeed, there's no guarantee that they won't .  Oh and by the way, I'm also optimistic that McCown will not be the opening day starter . Oh, and you may think Fitz is a better QB than McCown, but I know different .

I'm a Jet fan, so please forgive me if I prefer to believe that my team have a chance to succeed instead of walking around hoping they stink so I can say I told you so . 

9 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

There is a great deal of negativity surrounding the QB position here. Particularly Hack.

9 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Yes, and there should be until these players prove themselves

Make up your mind you argumentative bickering raghole

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

shouldn't it be suck for whoever #3 will be? Well, probably number #7 because Macc will screw up the pick.

Niners are going to be really bad next year too and my dark horse is the Minnesota Vikings I can see them going 2-14 out of nowhere.

Browns and Jags will be better than expected

9 hours ago, gEYno said:

You're acting like improvement is a given.  The only reason to think they are better is because you're optimistic they will be.

Marshall was still a major part of the offense, there just wasn't much offense to speak of.  Powell was a refreshing surprise, but not a #1 back.

McCown's record over the last few years should speak for itself, he's not an upgrade over Fitz, in fact, he's a downgrade.

Re: Youth, the team may be better poised for the long term today, but there is no measurable reason to think that this season will be a step forward.

I am on the Suck for Sam bandwagon.  I don't think that's the regime's actually thinking I think they actually seriously want to win next year but hey if we can pull off 2-14 and Darnold decides to come to New York please

9 hours ago, hmhertz said:

LMAO. Because Bucky Brooks? First off this was already posted. Second, who cares if Bucky can find some flaws in these guys? This may end up being the best QB draft class of our lifetimes. Don't get misdirected by people that want clicks to their articles because they can find a couple of flaws in a redshirt freshman. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. We signed a 37 year old qb to a multi-million$ deal to start (and offered twice as much as any other team)

2. Our FO tried to talk Steve Smith out of retirement

3. This regime has no intent of "Suck for Sam" -- they actually think they can win next year with this sh_t

• Upvote 1

IMo those who think they see great logic in the move by this FO seem to be a tad optimistic.  We'll see how this ends up playing out.  It may be the optimists are merely putting lipstick on a pig. 

One thing's for sure.  It will be a rough year to be an STH, and as for watching the Jets on tv, they might best put them on Comedy Central.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Everyone talking about Sam. Rosen will be playing in a pro style offense this season if he shows out he will jump him for the best qb. Dude has an amazing arm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

The "Suck for Sam" people just want a franchise QB. If Rosen gets his head on straight and dominates this year and Darnold has a setback (injury, stays in school, sophomore slump), then I doubt anyone will object to landing Rosen or any of the other QBs that look poised to go high in next years draft. 

Rosen certainly has the ability to be a #1 overall pick, but he did not improve from his freshmen year and suffered an injury. Not to mention he is a bit of a loudmouth and you could see why he isn't as highly regarded as Darnold....for now. 

The "Suck for Sam" people just want a franchise QB. If Rosen gets his head on straight and dominates this year and Darnold has a setback (injury, stays in school, sophomore slump), then I doubt anyone will object to landing Rosen or any of the other QBs that look poised to go high in next years draft. 
Rosen certainly has the ability to be a #1 overall pick, but he did not improve from his freshmen year and suffered an injury. Not to mention he is a bit of a loudmouth and you could see why he isn't as highly regarded as Darnold....for now. 

As long as we stay far away from Lamar Jackson I'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I've been a Jets fan for a long time. I'd even be happy the #1st overall pick turned out to be an average NFL QB. We had the worst QB situation, for as long as I can remember. 

I'd love to get Darnold but let's be realistic it's not happening

On 5/17/2017 at 0:28 AM, hmhertz said:

No.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:27 AM, thadude said:

Darnold is the only sure thing.  The other guys are 50/50 at best

No.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, thadude said:

1. We signed a 37 year old qb to a multi-million$ deal to start (and offered twice as much as any other team)

2. Our FO tried to talk Steve Smith out of retirement

3. This regime has no intent of "Suck for Sam" -- they actually think they can win next year with this sh_t

1. McCown is easily cuttable after 1 year so no.

2. Your point?  It's not the big deal that you're making it out to be.  Color me surprised there.

3.Highly doubt this considering they have strongly hinted that they know this is a rebuilding team that likely won't win a ton of games barring a miracle so again...no.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, thadude said:

fixed

Ain't happening. No.

• Upvote 3

On 5/17/2017 at 9:38 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO. Because Bucky Brooks? First off this was already posted. Second, who cares if Bucky can find some flaws in these guys? This may end up being the best QB draft class of our lifetimes. Don't get misdirected by people that want clicks to their articles because they can find a couple of flaws in a redshirt freshman. 

" Thise diamonds might be shiny and all but if you rub them against your window you will be dissapointed."

- Bucky Brooks 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

2019 QB class >>>>>>> 2018 QB class.

I'm partial to the 2917 QB class.  So many good prospects,  except there might be  one or two who stay for their senior year and won't be available until 2918. So 900 or 901 years from now we'll be all set.  And that should restore value to those near worthless  PSL's. An extra year shouldn't matter.

12 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think drafting in the top #3 picks is very realistic, and drafting #1 is very probable.

I want a top 2 pick which will guarantee either Darnold or Allen

Rosen already has a significant injury history, Baker Mayfield is a drunken headcase

Anything outside a top 2 pick and this is a waste of time 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'm partial to the 2917 QB class.  So many good prospects,  except there might be  one or two who stay for their senior year and won't be available until 2918. So 900 or 901 years from now we'll be all set.  And that should restore value to those near worthless  PSL's. An extra year shouldn't matter.

I heard the 2102 Qb draft class is looking really good

1 hour ago, thadude said:

I want a top 2 pick which will guarantee either Darnold or Allen

Rosen already has a significant injury history, Baker Mayfield is a drunken headcase

Anything outside a top 2 pick and this is a waste of time 

I like Rosen also.