Dalvin Cook vs Leonard Fournette?

Sarge4Tide

Cook vs Fournette   

47 members have voted

1. 1. If it came down to the Jets drafting Dalvin Cook or Leonard Fournette, I would prefer......

• Fournette by a WIDE country mile
    • Fournette
    • Fournette by a small margin
    • Either one, I'm fine with either
    • Cook by a small margin
    • Cook
    • Cook by a WIDE country mile

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Both are great talents, but I choose Fournette because he is more reliable downhill runner while Cook is more of a Barry Sanders type that will break a bunch of long plays but also have many costly negative yardarge plays. 

You either haven't watch Cook play or your just a pro at making bad assessments. Cook having a playing style similar to Barry Sanders is completely wrong. Like how many times have we seen him try to reverse fields or detour from running up the middle if that was the design play?

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

You either haven't watch Cook play or your just a pro at making bad assessments. Cook having a playing style similar to Barry Sanders is completely wrong. Like how many times have we seen him try to reverse fields or detour from running up the middle if that was the design play?

Um, Like, I've watched a bunch of, like,  Dalvin Cook in college and he has a history of, like,  dancing around in the backfield and taking tackles for loss instead of heading straight up-field. Like, he was much better this year at going straight ahead and taking what the defense gave him, but if you don't think he dances around in the backfield you, like, don't follow too much college football. 

Like, from NFL.com Scouting report:

WEAKNESSES

Not always a tough inside runner. Can be early to bounce it outside rather than plant and go downhill. Needs to become more comfortable between the tackles.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Um, Like, I've watched a bunch of, like,  Dalvin Cook in college and he has a history of, like,  dancing around in the backfield and taking tackles for loss instead of heading straight up-field. Like, he was much better this year at going straight ahead and taking what the defense gave him, but if you don't think he dances around in the backfield you, like, don't follow too much college football. 

WEAKNESSES

Not always a tough inside runner. Can be early to bounce it outside rather than plant and go downhill. Needs to become more comfortable between the tackles.

Lmao, your lame as hell for that. Save the comedy for the comedians. What games are you referring to in which he resembles Barry Sanders? There isn't one so as I said your assessment was totally off. Also why are we bring up scouting reports that has nothing to do with him playing like Barry Sanders? How does that help what I refuted?  Instead of showing me a report show me a games that backs up what you've stated.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE SAME CONCEPT ON THIS BOARD? And it is the correct theory...

Unless the question is regarding your fantasy dynasty draft?  The answer is NO to both.

A bad team has no business drafting a RB inside the top 10 the way the league financial structure is set up.

The best bang for your buck with a RB is the first 4 years.  Why draft a blue-chip RB and put 1300 touches on his odometer when the team has no chance to be any good during that time frame?

By the time the rest of the team catches up, IF Fournette or Cook are good to begin with... IF the team even catches up...

Then the RB demands huge 2nd contract money with half his shelf life gone.

37 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

WEAKNESSES

Nice and snarky, but really, really gay.

Anyway....

Fournette plays an almost obsolete position in a completely obsolete way. More like Ron Dayne 2.0.

Cook is LeShawn McCoy but faster. His game is made for the modern NFL.

Anyway....

Fournette plays an almost obsolete position in a completely obsolete way. More like Ron Dayne 2.0.

Fournette is similar to marshon lynch...I think fournette is the better back but cook could be alright.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Anyway....

Mccoy ran a 4.45, Cook ran a 4.48. Cook plays much faster than his 40, but I was still expecting a better 40 time. Fournette is twice the size of cook, came to the combine "overweight" and still ran a 4.51. He is no Ron Dayne. 

I love both backs, but I am a bigger fan of Fournette due to his ability to break tackles. 

With all of that said, i think Saquon Barkely may be better than both, but we'll have to wait until next year to argue about his pros/cons. 

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE SAME CONCEPT ON THIS BOARD? And it is the correct theory...

Unless the question is regarding your fantasy dynasty draft?  The answer is NO to both.

A bad team has no business drafting a RB inside the top 10 the way the league financial structure is set up.

The best bang for your buck with a RB is the first 4 years.  Why draft a blue-chip RB and put 1300 touches on his odometer when the team has no chance to be any good during that time frame?

By the time the rest of the team catches up,

IF Fournette or Cook are good to begin with...

and IF the team even catches up...

Then the RB demands huge 2nd contract money with half his shelf life gone.

Agreed, we should be taking an OT with this pick, but there aren't any elite OT's in this years draft. The QBs are all projects so we are left  drafting a CB/Safety if we go BPA. We could also be targeting Mike Williams/Corey Davis (even though Ross seems to be the flashier pick after going off at the combine). But if we are building a WR core for a young QB, we should be going with bigger targets imo.

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, we should be taking an OT with this pick, but there aren't any elite OT's in this years draft. The QBs are all projects so we are left  drafting a CB/Safety if we go BPA. We could also be targeting Mike Williams/Corey Davis (even though Ross seems to be the flashier pick after going off at the combine). But if we are building a WR core for a young QB, we should be going with bigger targets imo.

I have no qualms with taking a WR at #6. 

As long as they take the player that I have ranked as the best WR available after I do my YouTube evaluations, that is.  

Archived