Can Bowles get control of the locker room next year?

Freemanm

As we all know, every game next year is going to be like an exhibition game. Young guys will get there chances, but the Jets are most likely going to finish at 5-11 at best, especially with McCown (or Hack or Petty) under center. 

How does Bowles control the locker room during a losing season and get the players to buy into him as a HC, especially when he demonstrated a clear inability to do so last season? Will there be continued in fighting as the losses mount? Will there still be guys, especially veterans, continuing to give up? Which players can emerge as locker room leaders (not Wilk, obviously)

I don't have high hopes for Todd Bowles.  That said, in terms of controlling the lockeroom; this year should be easier to manage without the ultimate lockerroom dictator.  It also helps a bunch of overpaid entitled sh*tbags vets are gone.  

So it might not even be Todd's work, just a natural thing. 

Evaluating a coach IMHO is fairly easy . When they can't manage a game they have been around their entire lives there's a problem. In the two minute drill at the end of a half or the end of a game there are not an infinite number of scenarios and when you can't master that or when you can't adjust to what other teams are showing you there is a major problem and I do not chalk that up to lack of coaching experience ... that's the biggest cop out in all of sports.

Some coaches just do not think or process information at the speed the game progresses, and because they don't, they are just not cut out to be the head man.... coordinator sure, but not the Head Coach.

Bowles says all the wrong things about the players, how the locker room works and the guy obviously can't manage a game. What else needs to be discussed ?

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

In order to correct answer this question, one must 1st know how does a HC control his locker room ? 

This is a great point and the way to do that is eliminate the problem players and coach competently so the players actually respect you

He'd better. I saw he said something to the effect that being late isn't such a big deal. And he gave a big pass to Sheldon and Mo. He knows how pro football operates behind the scenes a lot better than we do. But we've heard reports that the locker room was a joke and what we saw on the field reflected it. I'm willing to give Bowles another season and I don't think he's a clown. But not sure he can instill discipline he has to prove it. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He'd better. I saw he said something to the effect that being late isn't such a big deal. And he gave a big pass to Sheldon and Mo. He knows how pro football operates behind the scenes a lot better than we do. But we've heard reports that the locker room was a joke and what we saw on the field reflected it. I'm willing to give Bowles another season and I don't think he's a clown. But not sure he can instill discipline he has to prove it. 

unless....he knows that Sheldon is going to be traded for sure, which will make Mo easier to control? .....maybe? lol

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This board is filled with Todd Bowles nonsense this guy is an ass clown moron he is not NFL head coaching material. End of discussion. 

just curious, since your major description of todd is ass clown moron, would that still describe him if he did everything you wanted him to do, just the way you want him too and the jets still lost.

Archived