Bryce Petty

Lupz27

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Did you watch the video?  Ware and Suh came in unblocked.   Petty got the ball 25 yards up-field for a completion.

The comparisons between Petty and smith are really silly, Petty started 4 games after being out for 8 weeks.   smith started 23 games and sucked..  Don't know if Petty is worth a dang, but there is no where near a sample size big enough to make any kind of judgement.  if he plays poorly for 12 games this season, I'll agree, he sucks.   

The ways Petty has been hurt:

Rookie Olineman totally whiffs on a block, petty gets crushed.

The center snaps the ball but non of the oline moves and he get crushed from both sides.

Jag vet running back in almost his first action of the year fumbles and Petty hurts his shoulder trying to recoer the fumble.

The ways Geno has been hurt:

Face smashed in by a team mate over a $600 dispute

Rolls out holds the ball to long and gets hurt.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Hackenberg has embarrassed you, and you haven't seen him play yet?   My you are a sensitive one.   

I'm iwth you. He has not played. I reserve judgment.  If he never plays, I still reserve judgment.  Because i suspect Bowles is an idiot.

The ways Petty has been hurt:
Rookie Olineman totally whiffs on a block, petty gets crushed.
The center snaps the ball but non of the oline moves and he get crushed from both sides.
Jag vet running back in almost his first action of the year fumbles and Petty hurts his shoulder trying to recoer the fumble.
The ways Geno has been hurt:
Face smashed in by a team mate over a $600 dispute
Rolls out holds the ball to long and gets hurt.
There's no doubt Petty has been in a sh*t situation and has had sh*t luck. If there were no roster limitations, no limit to practice reps available, no waiver/PS system, etc., etc., etc., we wouldn't be having this discussion. But these things do exist, so if those that have been in every meeting and seen every snap in any situation he's taken as a Jet feel like they're not convinced, and his injuries won't let him gain the experience and show that he can be a bona fide QB in this league, then they're probably going to take a QB in one of the first 4 rounds. And then Petty is probably going to be a long shot to make the team.

On 3/30/2017 at 10:10 AM, HighPitch said:

Boyd was like a 5th rounder. Not sure why so much was expexted from him his name seems to pop up often. 

That being said i predict a qb in the first 2 rounds. Id cut mccown and let youngsters compete

Boyd was a 6th rounder, is short, fat with a weak arm. I didn't get Dom's Hack comparison either, expect maybe to say they are both together in the suckage dept?

On 3/30/2017 at 8:49 AM, Lupz27 said:

My conclusion has nothing to do with Hackenberg, it's based off of Petty already getting a shot, and looking very poor IMO.  As far as Hack is concerned you, me, not anyone here know if he will be good, we haven't seen him so I'd say as a GM you don't cut your 2nd round pick from the year before that you said from the get go will get a Red Shirt year.  I'm talking in realities not BS fan reactions.  In reality if the Jets draft another QB Petty is the odd man out regardless of what us fans think.

Thank you for stating this!!!  

Boyd was a 6th rounder, is short, fat with a weak arm. I didn't get Dom's Hack comparison either, expect maybe to say they are both together in the suckage dept?

I thought it was accepted that Boyd was a Rex favor to Dabo Swinney, and never a serious thought to figure in the Jets plans, no?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Still don't think the future franchise QB is on the roster yet.
An drafting QBs in rounds 3 thru 6 hardly yields results. Face it, the odds of finding a Tom Brady that low,are astronomical.
One thing we all may have forgotten is ,Brady impressed Belicheat right out of the box. He knew after that first summer camp that Brady was going to be his starter. That's something we never see here, it's always a project.
Which is why I say we need to take the kid that knows how to win, every time. Always take the player who cannot and will not, except losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still don't think the future franchise QB is on the roster yet.
An drafting QBs in rounds 3 thru 6 hardly yields results. Face it, the odds of finding a Tom Brady that low,are astronomical.
One thing we all may have forgotten is ,Brady impressed Belicheat right out of the box. He knew after that first summer camp that Brady was going to be his starter. That's something we never see here, it's always a project.
Which is why I say we need to take the kid that knows how to win, every time. Always take the player who cannot and will not, except losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a different world now. I have this feeling that some guys that otherwise would have been those round 3-6 QBs that ended up having good to great careers don't get a look because they can't run a spread offense and excel in college.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, peebag said:

yea...so Geno gets 2 years and we write off Petty after 4.1 games...makes sense.

Geno never looked as deep over his head as Petty.  He had no clue what to do beyond his primary WR.  Not a clue.  

Geno was Unitas compared to Petty.  You really need more games to realize you dont ever want to play Petty?

If they grab another QB, Petty is gone 

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Did you watch the video?  Ware and Suh came in unblocked.   Petty got the ball 25 yards up-field for a completion.

The comparisons between Petty and smith are really silly, Petty started 4 games after being out for 8 weeks.   smith started 32 games and sucked..  Don't know if Petty is worth a dang, but there is no where near a sample size big enough to make any kind of judgement.  if he plays poorly for 12 games this season, I'll agree, he sucks.   

Hes blameless.

Keep telling yourself that.

And this isnt a comparison between the two.  Petty will never win as many games as Smith, Petty will never ever be a starting QB outside of injury.  Petty hasnt developed into a usable player after 2 seasons.  I watched him play and cringed 

On 3/30/2017 at 3:52 PM, The Crusher said:

They also got better once he left. Coincidence?

Yeah...probably in large part since they replaced the NFL prototype guy Hackenberg with a dual threat QB like McSorley that better fit Franklin's offensive scheme and have some OLmen on scholarship.

News flash...if Franklin was the PSU coach when Hack came out of HS, he wouldn't have given him the time of day.  He's not a Franklin QB.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Yeah...probably in large part since they replaced the NFL prototype guy Hackenberg with a dual threat QB like McSorley that better fit Franklin's offensive scheme and have some OLmen on scholarship.

News flash...if Franklin was the PSU coach when Hack came out of HS, he wouldn't have given him the time of day.  He's not a Franklin QB.

PSU also had a new OC last season, Joe Moorehead 

On 3/30/2017 at 4:16 PM, Maxman said:

Hackenberg has shown that he hasn't ruled himself out yet as a starting QB. Petty has game film that has show the opposite.

Jeez give the kid a chance...at least a few games where he has had some meaningful reps and a team that is at least half interested in playing.  He spent the entire 1st season as 3rd string.  Plays better than Geno in the PS then gets stupidly put in the last PS game instead of Geno (who should have been cut) and spends the first half of last year on LTIR getting no reps.  Comes back as 3rd string again, moving up to starter after Fitz and Geno get hurt to start one game with a dumbed down gameplan before the Shrimpboat Cap'n reinserts Fitz.  Then he gets a few BS starts with a team that has already mailed it in.  That's a great evaluation.

Petty probably amounts to not much, but unsure why people are already writing him off.  4 starts with a team that had already packed it in is not an adequate evaluation IMO.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes blameless.

Keep telling yourself that.

And this isnt a comparison between the two.  Petty will never win as many games as Smith, Petty will never ever be a starting QB outside of injury.  Petty hasnt developed into a usable player after 2 seasons.  I watched him play and cringed 

LOL

First off i never said he was blameless.  I said I will reserve judgement on him for another 12 starts.

The idea that you are still touting smith after 32 starts, in which he was bad in 28 of them, and self assuredly declaring Petty a bust after 4 starts is kind of silly,  NO?

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Jeez give the kid a chance...at least a few games where he has had some meaningful reps and a team that is at least half interested in playing.  He spent the entire 1st season as 3rd string.  Plays better than Geno in the PS then gets stupidly put in the last PS game instead of Geno (who should have been cut) and spends the first half of last year on LTIR getting no reps.  Comes back as 3rd string again, moving up to starter after Fitz and Geno get hurt to start one game with a dumbed down gameplan before the Shrimpboat Cap'n reinserts Fitz.  Then he gets a few BS starts with a team that has already mailed it in.  That's a great evaluation.

Petty probably amounts to not much, but unsure why people are already writing him off.  4 starts with a team that had already packed it in is not an adequate evaluation IMO.

They pretty much set him up to fail....the textbook on how to ruin a QB career.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

First off i never said he was blameless.  I said I will reserve judgement on him for another 12 starts.

The idea that you are still touting smith after 32 starts, in which he was bad in 28 of them, and self assuredly declaring Petty a bust after 4 starts is kind of silly,  NO?

Pretty much cant seem to keep you from turning this into Petty vs Smith.  

Have to keep saying Im touting Smith when the only miss keeps coming from you, from imagining that anyone is touting Smith to thinking that Petty deserves to see 12 starts

And yes, self assuredly Im saying Petty is awful QB.  Hes not a bust as a 4th round shot in the dark..

What can you possibly believe you saw in Petty that makes you think he will ever be a viable starter, never mind a franchise QB

I have not seen enough of Petty to write him off. What I have seen, I like. He is tough, stays in the pocket, strong arm. He needs playing time in real games. The first year Payton Manning played, he threw 26 TD's, 28 INT's. Let's put Petty and Hack in perspective. If the Jets hand the keys over to one of these guys they will probably not have a Dak Prescott year. I just can't be too quick to judge Petty. He's in his 3rd year with a team that has had a shaky O line. And Gailey had a conservative game plan, get the ball out quick, and because of Fitz's weak arm, not many deep ball plays. Unless Hack lights it up in preseason I think Petty has the best chance of starting. As far as McCown goes, there is no benefit to starting him as far as future QB development goes IMO. These young guys are not going to get better sitting on the sidelines.

9 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Solid answer. Thanks. 

21 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

The season was over 2/5 of the way thru (defined as 95% probable that we were out of the post season hunt).  Yet Bowles continued to trot out Richardson out of position, an injured out of shape Wilkerson, a pathetic joke of his former self Revis, kept Fitz on the field AFTER he threw 6 INT in the game, used Forte over Powell, on and on.  He seemingly was afraid to bench anyone who had a high $ contact no matter how they performed, and demoralized those around them

Once the season is over a HC ought to give reps to the future not to the past.  The bold is the refusal/inability I can't abide in him.      

Preaching to the choir here. Maybe he felt he had enough locker room problems with his lazy veterans, but they were getting dumped if they're such problems on & off the field. And **** them anyway. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much cant seem to keep you from turning this into Petty vs Smith.  

Have to keep saying Im touting Smith when the only miss keeps coming from you, from imagining that anyone is touting Smith to thinking that Petty deserves to see 12 starts

And yes, self assuredly Im saying Petty is awful QB.  Hes not a bust as a 4th round shot in the dark..

What can you possibly believe you saw in Petty that makes you think he will ever be a viable starter, never mind a franchise QB

LOL

Now isn't that silly?  Here's the first mention of smith in this exchange.

"Geno gets sacked it's he sucks and holds the ball too long.  

Petty gets sacked, and holds the ball way too long, and it's others who are to blame.

funny how that works.  Petty is as bad as bad can be"

Guess who made that post?  LOL

10 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Now isn't that silly?  Here's the first mention of smith in this exchange.

"Geno gets sacked it's he sucks and holds the ball too long.  

Petty gets sacked, and holds the ball way too long, and it's others who are to blame.

funny how that works.  Petty is as bad as bad can be"

Guess who made that post?  LOL

And in no way is that praising Smith, comparing ones talent to the others.  Nowhere do i say anything like you're accusing me of 

Funny, isn't it?  You need to take a step back and read.  

Petty sucks, period.  Will never be a NFL starting QB other than a fill in.  My opinion.  Move on already.  Shlt

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And in no way is that praising Smith, comparing ones talent to the others.  Nowhere do i say anything like you're accusing me of 

Funny, isn't it?  You need to take a step back and read.  

Petty sucks, period.  Will never be a NFL starting QB other than a fill in.  My opinion.  Move on already.  Shlt

LOL

I need to take a step back and read?  That is funny

Lets see,  you accused me of starting a smith Petty debate, even though I showed you the first post made about smith and Petty in this thread, which was made by none other then you.

You said, I said Petty was a franchise QB, when what I said was," if he plays poorly for 12 games this season, I'll agree, he sucks."

You have decreed that Petty sucks after 4 starts, great.  I just want to see Petty get a dozen or so more starts before he is written off. This is the perfect season for Petty and Hack to both get meaningful reps to see if either of them can play.  I suspect you have already decided Hack sucks to because he isn't smith 

I almost never mention smith.  He was horrible for 32 starts.  He's gone, and I'm glad.   He's a 3rd string QB on another team and I could care less about him.  I'd like to see what the young QB's on the Jets can do.   You bring smith into half the threads on the board, just like you did in this one.  I'm the one that needs to move on already?

Coo-Coo Coo-Coo

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

I need to take a step back and read?  That is funny

Lets see,  you accused me of starting a smith Petty debate, even though I showed you the first post made about smith and Petty in this thread, which was made by none other then you.

You said, I said Petty was a franchise QB, when what I said was," if he plays poorly for 12 games this season, I'll agree, he sucks."

You have decreed that Petty sucks after 4 starts, great.  I just want to see Petty get a dozen or so more starts before he is written off. This is the perfect season for Petty and Hack to both get meaningful reps to see if either of them can play.  I suspect you have already decided Hack sucks to because he isn't smith 

I almost never mention smith.  He was horrible for 32 starts.  He's gone, and I'm glad.   He's a 3rd string QB on another team and I could care less about him.  I'd like to see what the young QB's on the Jets can do.   You bring smith into half the threads on the board, just like you did in this one.  I'm the one that needs to move on already?

Coo-Coo Coo-Coo

WTF are you talking about?

You like Petty, we get it.  Move the **** on

Archived