Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

Major League Baseball. Slow, boring nothingness.

Didn't watch  much last season. Tuned into the Yankee game in the 7th inning. Consisted of batters stepping out and practicing their swings as the pitcher and catcher stared at each other intently, covered by inane announcer talk that was mostly to try to keep everyone awake. On the occasion a pitch was thrown, umpire's strike zone appears to be the size of a shotglass crossed with a fly's annus.. And so many stupid things-season goes on forever, a pointless extra wildcard, BORING NOTHING  CRAP. 

Won't be watching this season either. Don't be shocked when EPL or another Euro  or a Latin American soccer league figures out how to put world class club teams in the US and eats MLB's lunch. May not happen tomorrow or even for another decade or 2. But it's coming. 

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Major League Baseball. Slow, boring nothingness.

Didn't watch  much last season. Tuned into the Yankee game in the 7th inning. Consisted of batters stepping out and practicing their swings as the pitcher and catcher stared at each other intently, covered by inane announcer talk that was mostly to try to keep everyone awake. On the occasion a pitch was thrown, umpire's strike zone appears to be the size of a shotglass crossed with a fly's annus.. And so many stupid things-season goes on forever, a pointless extra wildcard, BORING NOTHING  CRAP. 

Won't be watching this season either. Don't be shocked when EPL or another Euro  or a Latin American soccer league figures out how to put world class club teams in the US and eats MLB's lunch. May not happen tomorrow or even for another decade or 2. But it's coming. 

That's an interesting take considering the rule changes.  I feel like the MLB was much faster paced with the introduction 20 second rule and batters box rule.

IMO MLB has been twice as good as NFL and NBA.  The drama, the heroics, the epic games, the athleticism, the constant change of guard.  It's been really friggin good these days.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's an interesting take considering the rule changes.  I feel like the MLB was much faster paced with the introduction 20 second rule and batters box rule.

IMO MLB has been twice as good as NFL and NBA.  The drama, the heroics, the epic games, the athleticism, the constant change of guard.  It's been really friggin good these days.  

Can make all the new rules you want, nobody is enforcing them. Cannot speak to the NBA, but the NFL gives you 75-100 plays where 22 guys are in a huge gangfight. Baseball has almost no action at all. Was a time as recently as the 1980s when you could watch an exciting pitchers' duel in 2 hours; no more. And they are okay with that. Good for them, but I am not watching it. 

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Can make all the new rules you want, nobody is enforcing them. Cannot speak to the NBA, but the NFL gives you 75-100 plays where 22 guys are in a huge gangfight. Baseball has almost no action at all. Was a time as recently as the 1980s when you could watch an exciting pitchers' duel in 2 hours; no more. And they are okay with that. Good for them, but I am not watching it. 

Yeah, you didnt pay attention at all then last season.  The game was much faster paced. 

The NFL takes 3 hours to play 11 minutes.  They run more commercials than plays.  Spare me.  It's by far the slowest game in sports. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

^not bashing my choices because they're too good.

Braveheart's a gem. No, I don't like 80's metal but I grew up w a single dad in suburban condos which would be the breeding grounds for local metal heads. We can hang out just fine.

25 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Band: Iron Maiden

Movie: Braveheart

Take your poor taste, and piss off. 

I love Braveheart, despite it's massive numner of historical inaccuracies.  Shame, the real story was great as it was (something we can say about 99% of Hollywood "history" films).

Iron Maiden was absolutely great.....till about 1989.  After that, meh.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I love Braveheart, despite it's massive numner of historical inaccuracies.  Shame, the real story was great as it was (something we can say about 99% of Hollywood "history" films).

If you wanted historical accuracy, give to PBS and see if they'll make a documentary or miniseries. Otherwise, just enjoy the story telling... because it's a MOVIE.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yeah i think I read somewhere that Braveheart is considered to be one of the most historically inaccurate films of all time.  I still love it though.

Despite Maiden's more recent albums being less than spectacular, they're still amazing live. I saw them a few summers ago at Jones Beach. The best show I've ever been to.

Sun dried tomatoes. But see, they're never really sun-dried. They're pumped full of nitrates and shoved in a dehydrator. Plus, they taste like shoe leather. Does anyone really think that tomato paste is still made on roofs in Italy for American consumption? People are such suckers. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Oh, man, I would love to bash Mel Gibson. Please, someone restrain me. 

On 4/2/2017 at 5:44 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will not stand for this!  One of the best movies to come out in years!

(I didn't see the other 3 movies so no comment on them)

Javiar Bardem did a good job. Other than that the plot was convoluted and hard to follow, and the movie dissolved into a subpar flick the longer it went on. Critics slobbered all over it but I just never really understood the hype. Just my opinion of course haha

8 hours ago, sourceworx said:

^not bashing my choices because they're too good.

maiden is soulless musical gymnastics and braveheart was total BS, wallace was a nobleman and his father fought for the English

39 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

Javiar Bardem did a good job. Other than that the plot was convoluted and hard to follow, and the movie dissolved into a subpar flick the longer it went on. Critics slobbered all over it but I just never really understood the hype. Just my opinion of course haha

All I can say is that I absolutely loved this movie.  There was so much tension (and surprisingly a decent amount of humor mixed in).  Even little things stand out to me (like that candy wrapper unwrapping during the coin flip gas station scene).

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

CRAFT FUXKING BEER

lol, this thread... "everything that people like is over-rated, except the things that I personally like to romanticize, laud and opine about"

beautiful study in irony, whether you intended it or not... also great to chuckle at a different set of folks than the usual yutzes that provide lulz around here

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, this thread... "everything that people like is over-rated, except the things that I personally like to romanticize, laud and opine about"

beautiful study in irony, whether you intended it or not... also great to chuckle at a different set of folks than the usual yutzes that provide lulz around here

Overating things is pretty overrated if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

SPOILER ALERT: Chigurh is God.

52 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't understand what this means 

Archived