Mitch Trubisky Is Going To Be The Pick

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

My low point was Geno "Geno" Smith and that 4-12 Idzik fiasco.  I opted to hire someone to polish my Rolex collection rather than watch those games.

SAR I

Rolex and BMW's...your not a straight man.  Admit it. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

So Trubisky it is.  It's simply good for business.

SAR I

I hope they draft a safety so you can go away . It offends me that I am a fan of anything you like  .

32 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I agree with SAR on this. We have a lethargic, uninterested fanbase right now. The only thing that will energize them is a QB taken in the first round.

The pick will be either Trubisky or Watson.

The fanbase doesn't want Derrick "Desean" Watson.  We want that Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky fellow instead.

Derrick "Desean" is one of those running-around improv RGIII wannabe's and we want one of those stand there and look handsome Matthew "Matt" Ryan types.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree that that's the right roster strategy.  It's just not the right marketing strategy.

The problem with taking 2 years to slowly groom young quarterbacks is that the bloom falls off the rose, there is nothing to get the fanbase excited about.  They roll Bryce Petty out there, yawn, we've seen him already, doesn't appear to be the next Tom Brady, didn't see anything so captivating that it's worth a full season ticket commitment.  They roll Christian Hackenberg out there, we're expecting a train wreck because of all the bad press, take a wait-and-see approach before investing money on season tickets.

It's either Mitchell "Mitch" or it's going to be slow-going on season ticket renewals, the entire upper deck may be a ghost town and need tarps.

SAR I

So the Jets will make their draft pick based on marketing strategy? Just the kind of thinking that has given us nearly 50 years of no SB returns.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The fanbase doesn't want Derrick "Desean" Watson.  We want that Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky fellow instead.

Derrick "Desean" is one of those running-around improv RGIII wannabe's and we want one of those stand there and look handsome Matthew "Matt" Ryan types.

SAR I

My preferred QB in this draft is Mahomes. He's Favre-like. Fun to watch. The type of player that will put asses in the seats. 

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

as an alternate scenario, the jets could trade back and take mahomes.

Patrick "Patrick" Lavon Mahomes II seems to be of mixed race and, sadly, selective breeding is important in today's NFL.  So it's a no-go.  Has to be MItchell "Mitch" Trubisky.  He ticks all the boxes.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

So Trubisky it is.  It's simply good for business.

SAR I

What if he ain't there?

39 minutes ago, Stark said:

Then its time to FIRE MAC.... do not draft Mitch, Mitchel Trubisky.... 

I'm sorry, but Mitchell "Mitch" is happening.

I know this because I'm the fan they're trying to engage and I'm only forking over the money and showing up if I get a shiny new quarterback to play with.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really dont think Mac is this stupid.  Not sure why, but I dont. 

It's not his decision.

Why do you think Jets brass installed a career scout as GM?  To be a scout and leave the general managing to the ownership.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Patrick "Patrick" Lavon Mahomes II seems to be of mixed race and, sadly, selective breeding is important in today's NFL.  So it's a no-go.  Has to be MItchell "Mitch" Trubisky.  He ticks all the boxes.

SAR I

Jeter is mixed race, and Yankee fans universally love him. 

Frankly I don't care what race he is. I just want a guy who wins.

Just now, Tinstar said:

Why is it so hard to see through this guy  ? 

What's that? SAR's schtick? I know all about it. I've known him for a long time via JI.

However, I actually agree with the basic premise of this thread. The Jets need to energize the fanbase. A QB in the first round will do that.

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think it is stretch for a QB who has not taken snaps from center to start week 1 as an NFL QB.

Hence the difference between Wentz and Goff.  

Based on his year in a pro system and the work that he has hopefully been doing, Hack should be more ready to start an NFL game than MT.

But at least MT would provide Hack with real competition and give the fans some hope.

Something I've always wondered is if NCAA quarterbacks are so awesome playing a college system, why the hell don't they draft a guy and run the same system in the NFL?  It's an offensive league, the rules are tilted to let the quarterbacks succeed, WTF do they keep drafting square pegs to fit in round holes instead of just making square holes?  Surely there is an OC smart enough to get around this issue and let the best college quarterbacks in a college system bring it to the NFL.

SAR I

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

What's that? SAR's schtick? I know all about it. I've known him for a long time via JI.

However, I actually agree with the basic premise of this thread. The Jets need to energize the fanbase. A QB in the first round will do that.

A QB that will sit out a year will energize a fanbase???

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Something I've always wondered is if NCAA quarterbacks are so awesome playing a college system, why the hell don't they draft a guy and run the same system in the NFL?  It's an offensive league, the rules are tilted to let the quarterbacks succeed, WTF do they keep drafting square pegs to fit in round holes instead of just making square holes?  Surely there is an OC smart enough to get around this issue and let the best college quarterbacks in a college system bring it to the NFL.

SAR I

Spurrier.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

So the Jets will make their draft pick based on marketing strategy? Just the kind of thinking that has given us nearly 50 years of no SB returns.

I agree completely.

I'm not making the case for doing the wrong thing; I'm merely telling you why it's going to happen.

The Jets are facing a May 1 crisis with a very unlikable team and a very unlikable head coach, it's their MO to generate buzz.  So they will.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree that that's the right roster strategy.  It's just not the right marketing strategy.

The problem with taking 2 years to slowly groom young quarterbacks is that the bloom falls off the rose, there is nothing to get the fanbase excited about.  They roll Bryce Petty out there, yawn, we've seen him already, doesn't appear to be the next Tom Brady, didn't see anything so captivating that it's worth a full season ticket commitment.  They roll Christian Hackenberg out there, we're expecting a train wreck because of all the bad press, take a wait-and-see approach before investing money on season tickets.

It's either Mitchell "Mitch" or it's going to be slow-going on season ticket renewals, the entire upper deck may be a ghost town and need tarps.

SAR I

In the end the right marketing strategy is to win.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

What if he ain't there?

If they feel he's going to be gone they'll trade up to get him.

If Mitchell "Mitch" is their guy and the person who can get fans to show up and pay the invoices, they'll do anything to get him.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Jeter is mixed race, and Yankee fans universally love him. 

Frankly I don't care what race he is. I just want a guy who wins.

Same here, I'm just reading the tea leaves and telling you why the Jets wouldn't view him as the savior of the 2017 season ticket invoice strategy.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No we don't... I don't want Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky ... I know plenty of others that feel the same. 

NO TO MITCHELL .... JUST NO.

Mahomes reminds me of Stafford, and honestly is there anything more fun than the no-no-no-no OMYGOD, yes-yes-yes-yes TD quarterbacks like Stafford & Favre?

Have you seen some of the clips on Mahomes throwing ACROSS the field falling to his right, throwing to his left like 65 yards, lol. That's GET UP OFF YOUR SEAT holy sh*t, high five your neighbor stuff. We might not ever win a Superbowl but he would put fannies in the seats & make NY Jet football fun again.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If they feel he's going to be gone they'll trade up to get him.

If Mitchell "Mitch" is their guy and the person who can get fans to show up and pay the invoices, they'll do anything to get him.

SAR I

sounds about right

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Mahomes reminds me of Stafford, and honestly is there anything more fun than the no-no-no-no OMYGOD, yes-yes-yes-yes TD quarterbacks like Stafford & Favre?

Have you seen some of the clips on Mahomes throwing ACROSS the field falling to his right, throwing to his left like 65 yards, lol. That's GET UP OFF YOUR SEAT holy sh*t, high five your neighbor stuff. We might not ever win a Superbowl but he would put fannies in the seats & make NY Jet football fun again.

LOL at the bolded part.  So true.

Favre is my all-time favorite football player. Mahomes certainly appears to be this generation's version of him. I'd love it if we drafted him.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Is there any wonder this fan base thought Ryan Fitzpatrick was a savior ?   In all my years watching the Jets from Todd to Petty, the only QB I never worried about when the ball left his hand was Chad Pennington .   He knew where to go with the ball every single time, even if the strength of his arm hindered him sometimes .

When a QB completes a TD against triple coverage, fans go nuts, but all I see is a QB I want to replace because I know that wont last .  

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I agree with SAR on this. We have a lethargic, uninterested fanbase right now. The only thing that will energize them is a QB taken in the first round.

The pick will be either Trubisky or Watson.

If it's one of dem guys then let it be Trubisky.  Don't want Watson.  Give me the better arm please.  We've seen enough of noodle-arm football as Jets fans to last a lifetime.

33 minutes ago, Stark said:

No we don't... I don't want Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky ... I know plenty of others that feel the same. 

NO TO MITCHELL .... JUST NO.

That's because you know too much about college football.

The average Jets season ticket holder doesn't watch it at all.  If they did, they'd have season tickets to college games.  And it's not about what's right as told to season ticket holders by knowledgeable college football fans.  It's about what's right to sell season tickets to those who don't know any better. 

If the Jets and the NY media tell us that Mitchell "Mitch" is a great prospect and perhaps the answer to our prayers, the season ticket invoices get opened, the checks get written, the envelopes are put in the mail.  That's what matters a week before the season ticket deadline where fans are being asked to fork over thousands of dollars for a bad product that we don't believe in.  Mitchell "Mitch"'s function is to make us believe in our future here in April 2017.  What he turns out to be in 2018 or 2019 is immaterial.

SAR I

I think that is too much gymnastics and could backfire.  At 12, just take Mahomes.
Putting together my own thoughts and Cimini's board, if Trubisky is there, that means that another player we like is not.
I like Adams and Howard.  When compared to taking a QB who could be NFL functional, I like Trubisky more than a FS with an injury history who can't tackle, a RB who runs over people running behind a meh line, and 2 DLs we don't need.   I would much, much rather try Trubisky than draft Allen or Thomas, both of whom have "Macc PIck" written all over them.
If Trubisky is there keep with the plan.  McCown starts, and then Hack takes over.  Hopefully Hack plays well.  Trubisky learns.  Petty gets cut/goes on the practice squad.  Let's go from having zero QBs to 2.  in 2018, we can trade one if they both look good.

"Putting feelers" in this case is just hoping someone gives us a boatload for the pick. You have to appear that you like the player to drive the price up

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived