GLENNON JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!

CanadaSteve

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He just got benched. So the powers that be in Chicago really don't agree with any of what you wrote.

Like they say, when you need a spark, you don't bench the left guard.

Glennon will be fine somewhere else next season.

Just now, AFJF said:

Yes, I agree. I am sure he will land a backup job somewhere. Seems like he didn't make the most of his opportunity to be a starting QB again though.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes, I agree. I am sure he will land a backup job somewhere. Seems like he didn't make the most of his opportunity to be a starting QB again though.

He really didn't IMO. They're not asking him to be Drew Brees and throw 50 times a game. They're a run first team. Between the RBs, TE's, and Oline the Bears have good enough pieces to game manage and win some ugly games. He's just bad. Sitting and practice reps behind Jameis didn't make him any better.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/give-the-jets-credit-for-passing-on-free-agent-qb-flop/

Good decisions on quarterbacks are hard to find in Jets history, but it looks like Mike Maccagnan made a very good one this offseason.

The Jets had interest in free agent Mike Glennon entering the offseason. If he was not at the top of their list of free-agent quarterbacks, he was near it. In the weeks leading up to free agency, though, the Jets caught wind of what the Bears were offering Glennon — three years, $45 million.

That neighborhood was way too pricey for the Jets for an unproven quarterback. Maccagnan wisely walked way.

The Bears went through with the contract and they now have a very expensive backup quarterback. Chicago benched Glennon on Monday, elevating rookie Mitch Trubisky to starter. That came after the Bears went 1-3 with Glennon, who turned the ball over four times in Chicago’s 35-14 loss Thursday to the Packers. It was the second game this season Glennon had at least three turnovers in a half. He has five interceptions to go along with five fumbles — a matching set.

Josh McCown looks like Joe Montana compared to that. Smart move, Maccagnan.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:21 PM, AFJF said:

As long as that somewhere else is selling insurance, or flipping burgers.  Because he isn't an NFL QB.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

We shall see.

I'll make sure to be around for that as well. 

Having the worst wr's in the league BEFORE Kevin White got hurt as well as a makeshift Oline doesn't really help much. 

Rookie QB's that look good in preseason games will forever be fan favorites. 

Let's see if he can make it translate.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Having the worst wr's in the league BEFORE Kevin White got hurt as well as a makeshift Oline doesn't really help much. 

Mike Glennon signed there knowing that the Bears were one of the worst rosters in the NFL. That no weapons excuse doesn’t hold water with a veteran QB who grabbed the money and has been horrid. And when Trubisky plays well with the same team? Then what?

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mike Glennon signed there knowing that the Bears were one of the worst rosters in the NFL. That no weapons excuse doesn’t hold water with a veteran QB who grabbed the money and has been horrid. And when Trubisky plays well with the same team? Then what?

Na bro. You get all salty and butthurt too quick when the topic is on you.

Won't allow you to jump in on this topic. I came here to face the music, but people who are too sensitive when in the position that I'm currently in don't get to have fun right now. 

You cry too much when you're the center of attention. I'm the center of attention now. Watch and learn how I take this without dealing in my feelings. 

Watch and learn first. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Their line is far from makeshift. That interior can compete with any of the league's best and the #'s show the LT is good enough to get the job done.

On 10/3/2017 at 7:57 AM, AFJF said:

Just watched some Glennon on the All 22 and he hasn't been that bad, just playing okayish on a terrible team, much like his time in Tampa.

5 Ints in his last 3 games Is Okayish ? Lmaoo dude blows he will never get another starting job in the nfl 

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

5 Ints in his last 3 games Is Okayish ? Lmaoo dude blows he will never get another starting job in the nfl 

We had a qb who had 6ints in one game...a game that he actually threw 8 ints but two of them were dropped...yet fans still talk about 31 TD's .

The only thing that the bears offense has that is better than the Jets is their running backs. That offense is straight horrid. Now, you can still dislike Glennon while still acknowledging the fact that the offense is terrible. Sure, Trubisky will run around and extend plays. But like always, teams will learn a new qb, and when that happens then what? The guy has absolutely no help with the wr's and the Oline is suspect. If not for Howard and Cohen this offense would officially be the sh*ts 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We had a qb who had 6ints in one game...a game that he actually threw 8 ints but two of them were dropped...yet fans still talk about 31 TD's .

The only thing that the bears offense has that is better than the Jets is their running backs. That offense is straight horrid. Now, you can still dislike Glennon while still acknowledging the fact that the offense is terrible. Sure, Trubisky will run around and extend plays. But like always, teams will learn a new qb, and when that happens then what? The guy has absolutely no help with the wr's and the Oline is suspect. If not for Howard and Cohen this offense would officially be the sh*ts 

At some point your gonna have to come to realization that a Glennon isn’t a starting NFL QB . No matter how many excuses you make for him. Bears offense isn’t that good and he is one of the problems why . He is statue in the pocket and has been a turnover machine 5 fumbles with 3 lost  to go with 5 Ints  In 4 Games .. 

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol, their center is actually a guard. 

I'll leave that convo right there. 

You mean Cody Whitehair rated the 5th best Center in football last year? Yeah he's such an issue. They only bumped him to C because they have probowl veteran guards playing to his immediate left & right. It's not exactly unheard of for guards to play Center as well. The jump from Guard to C isn't as drastic as a LG or C trying to play LT. It's probably better that you do drop the convo.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na bro. You get all salty and butthurt too quick when the topic is on you.

Won't allow you to jump in on this topic. I came here to face the music, but people who are too sensitive when in the position that I'm currently in don't get to have fun right now. 

You cry too much when you're the center of attention. I'm the center of attention now. Watch and learn how I take this without dealing in my feelings. 

Watch and learn first. 

This is a real post you typed out and thought was good. I can’t learn anything from you. I can’t even see you. You’re on a completely different plane of reality. Good luck with your dealing with your feelings about being wrong. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Also, I am assuming if they signed Glennon that they would have kept Decker. Decker, Enunway, Anderson and Jenkins at tight end. That had to look pretty appealing.

It would have been in Glennon's best interest to try and work something out here. Good thing Macc didn't do it. Kicking the tires on a player is the right thing to do.

I don't know a lot of guys that get big contracts to start at QB for their 3rd team.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:32 AM, sciond said:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/give-the-jets-credit-for-passing-on-free-agent-qb-flop/

Good decisions on quarterbacks are hard to find in Jets history, but it looks like Mike Maccagnan made a very good one this offseason.

The Jets had interest in free agent Mike Glennon entering the offseason. If he was not at the top of their list of free-agent quarterbacks, he was near it. In the weeks leading up to free agency, though, the Jets caught wind of what the Bears were offering Glennon — three years, $45 million.

That neighborhood was way too pricey for the Jets for an unproven quarterback. Maccagnan wisely walked way.

The Bears went through with the contract and they now have a very expensive backup quarterback. Chicago benched Glennon on Monday, elevating rookie Mitch Trubisky to starter. That came after the Bears went 1-3 with Glennon, who turned the ball over four times in Chicago’s 35-14 loss Thursday to the Packers. It was the second game this season Glennon had at least three turnovers in a half. He has five interceptions to go along with five fumbles — a matching set.

Josh McCown looks like Joe Montana compared to that. Smart move, Maccagnan.

Macc's best move so far regarding a QB, is the move that he didn't make.

lol

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is a real post you typed out and thought was good. I can’t learn anything from you. I can’t even see you. You’re on a completely different plane of reality. Good luck with your dealing with your feelings about being wrong. 

Hey, Carl...

Darrin Walls. :P

7 hours ago, Toua77 said:

You mean Cody Whitehair rated the 5th best Center in football last year? Yeah he's such an issue. They only bumped him to C because they have probowl veteran guards playing to his immediate left & right. It's not exactly unheard of for guards to play Center as well. The jump from Guard to C isn't as drastic as a LG or C trying to play LT. It's probably better that you do drop the convo.

The same Cody Whitehair that is a guard and is NOT a top 5 center in the league a quarter of the way through.

Watch the games and tell me if he looks top 5 to you. Telling me you you think aren't drastic jumps doesn't change actual performance. And when you mix that with the test of the Oline it becomes apparent why it's a makeshift line. 

This doesn't change the fact that Glennon has had only 1 solid game. 

Archived