QB or I’m done

Jetster

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this disconnect as it relates to Mike Maccagnan and Jamal Adams. 

I'll help: you're laboring under a worldview wherein Manish Mehta and Brian Costello are brilliant football minds whose opinions should be taken seriously. Think it over and you'll get there

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I'll help: you're laboring under a worldview wherein Manish Mehta and Brian Costello are brilliant football minds whose opinions should be taken seriously. Think it over and you'll get there

It's not just them though. Kiper, McShay, Shefter, Barnwell etc. Are they all idiots?

5 hours ago, kelly said:

dear joewilly12 , hi !  :xmas:..   i don't disagree with you but u gotta Luv a guy who likes..

18161823_1941919032708369_81713275973601

...Blondes   :rolleyes:

Are we looking for a franchise QB or a guy who knows how to pick hot women?  Me personally I'm looking for a franchise QB for the NY Jets. 

Hot women are a dime a dozen, franchise QB's aren't. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:
View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Let's cut the B.S.: The #Jets ' top priority must be finding a way to get Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Josh Allen in the 2018 NFL draft. http://nydn.us/2yXDHW1 

That was fvkcin' obvious around the day after the draft, and certainly well before this idiot was writing "Todd Bowles; Coach of the Year?" nonsense. Oh, you tell us now? We already knew, sheet for brains. 

11 hours ago, jetrider said:

*** DARNOLD vs ROSEN ***

UCLA @ USC

This Saturday 5pm PT ABC

I'm sure Giants' fans will be very excited to watch that one.

Jet fans will be watching Jacksonville at Cleveland as it's likely that Blake Bortles and Deshone Kizer will be made available to the Jets this offseason.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Thinking about the QBs that will be available in this draft.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph, Jackson seem to be the main group. If I forgot anyone let me know.

Luke Falk, Ryan Finley, Tanner Lee, Nick Stevens, Jake Browning are amongst others.

There are a TON of QBs

And MacRainMan will not pick a one of them.

19 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Cool. So the giants will trade their top 3 pick for a hoard of great draft picks, and then pick another franchise qb in the late 1st? This yr is different. The past few yrs qbs with a 2nd round grade were pushed to the front simply because they were qbs. Especially in 15. Mark Sanchez was not a top 10 pick obviosuly.. This yr many qb are top grades. 

it happens every year at all positions.  if high end 1st rd picks were guaranteed then it might be worth tanking but they are not.  The Giants have missed 7 of the last 9 postseasons w/ that franchise QB.  There aren't many Brady's or Rodgers' out there that guarantee you are competing in the playoffs every year, you still need a team around them and we are doing a good job building a team around whatever QB we will have.  I hope some day we have a long term top 10 type QB.  we have had that in stretches in all the years I have watched but have never really had it long term, heck we've never really had it long term in our history as even Namath wasn't good for very long thanks to his body breaking down.

The bottom line is even w/ the #1 pick nothing is guaranteed.  Let's look at #1 overall picks since 1990:

1990- Jeff George- did nothing in Indy, was a decent journeyman, only made playoffs one time as full time starter(made 2nd taking over for Randall in Minny in 1999)

1993- Drew Bledsoe- decent QB, only made 4 postseasons in his career

1998- Peyton Manning- all time great

1999- Tim Couch- bust

2001- Michael Vick- very good QB but career derailed by off field issues

2002- David Carr- bust

2003- Carson palmer- solid starter

2004- Eli Manning- solid starter

2005- Alex Smith- solid starter but took many years to develop

2007- Jamarcus Russell

2008- Matt Ryan, top 5-10 QB in most seasons

2009- Matt Stafford- solid QB w/ currently zero postseason wins in his 9th year.

2010- Sam Bradford- bust

2011- Cam Newton- top 5 QB when healthy

2012- Andrew Luck- top 5 QB when healthy but has not played much or well in recent years

2015- jameis Winston- still developing, has not been very good to this point.

2016- Jared Goff- looks great in year 2 so far

even w/ the #1 pick it's hit or miss. 

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm sure Giants' fans will be very excited to watch that one.

Jet fans will be watching Jacksonville at Cleveland as it's likely that Blake Bortles and Deshone Kizer will be made available to the Jets this offseason.

Paxton Lynch baby

The funny thing about this season is when you really, really, get down to it, what the hell is the point? We have no shot at the playoffs. We've had to endure CRUSHING losses to the Pats where the NFL powers that be literally f*ck you right between your eyes & you know your getting f*cked! Pats haters watching know the Jets got f*cked, and then to top it off the talking heads on sports radio take calls from Jet fans & tell them, 'you got f*cked!"

So you regroup, Sunday comes along & in a f*cking monsoon, you can't convert 3rd & 4th and short for NOTHING! 7 times 320Lb slobs cant push a pile 1 or 2 yards f*cking yards! So you walk away soaking wet & defeated again. 

So you regroup & see your team go up 14 points on the road vs your arch enemy. But even after injuring their starting QB, your defensive coach, yes, the guy you hired because he's supposedly a defensive savant has everyone play off 7 yards, DO NOT GET AGGRESSIVE they may make a big play on us! And bing, bing, bing, you lost. Forget that with all of the horrible coaching fans have had to endure, we haven't lost a game up 14 in the 4th quarter since the 70s,lol. But, but, we have a defensive savant? We have high defensive draft picks up the Kazoo! How could this happen?

Oh well, we'll regroup & lucky us Winston is hurt, lol, OMG we get to play that walking turnover Ryan Fitzpatrick. More good news the NFL just suspended his #1 WR for the game too! Wow, 5-5, no way we cant take THIS GAME, is there anyone of you that didn't sit down, turn the game on & the moment that tattooed overpaid schmuck Winters got called for holding on the 1st play of the game things were NOT GONNA go the Jets way? Everything went downhill from there & having a sharp awl stuck in your eyes would have been more pleasurable. 

I say again, what really is the point of this season? Just one point please. When you find one, let me know.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The funny thing about this season is when you really, really, get down to it, what the hell is the point? We have no shot at the playoffs. We've had to endure CRUSHING losses to the Pats where the NFL powers that be literally f*ck you right between your eyes & you know your getting f*cked! Pats haters watching know the Jets got f*cked, and then to top it off the talking heads on sports radio take calls from Jet fans & tell them, 'you got f*cked!"

So you regroup, Sunday comes along & in a f*cking monsoon, you can't convert 3rd & 4th and short for NOTHING! 7 times 320Lb slobs cant push a pile 1 or 2 yards f*cking yards! So you walk away soaking wet & defeated again. 

So you regroup & see your team go up 14 points on the road vs your arch enemy. But even after injuring their starting QB, your defensive coach, yes, the guy you hired because he's supposedly a defensive savant has everyone play off 7 yards, DO NOT GET AGGRESSIVE they may make a big play on us! And bing, bing, bing, you lost. Forget that with all of the horrible coaching fans have had to endure, we haven't lost a game up 14 in the 4th quarter since the 70s,lol. But, but, we have a defensive savant? We have high defensive draft picks up the Kazoo! How could this happen?

Oh well, we'll regroup & lucky us Winston is hurt, lol, OMG we get to play that walking turnover Ryan Fitzpatrick. More good news the NFL just suspended his #1 WR for the game too! Wow, 5-5, no way we cant take THIS GAME, is there anyone of you that didn't sit down, turn the game on & the moment that tattooed overpaid schmuck Winters got called for holding on the 1st play of the game things were NOT GONNA go the Jets way? Everything went downhill from there & having a sharp awl stuck in your eyes would have been more pleasurable. 

I say again, what really is the point of this season? Just one point please. When you find one, let me know.

There is no point to the hollow moral victory 6-10 season

i hate the giants but they don’t tolerate sucking.  We do. People are actually happy about this season

On 11/13/2017 at 12:17 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

It would just be very interesting to me to see a team that is 1-15 (the Giants) take with the first overall pick, a player that is not going to immediately help the solution within one year.

Jacksonville and the Rams tried this strategy with Bortles and Goff and both ended up playing in their first year.

Giants will let Eli have 1 more yr. let the rookie sit and learn for a yr. Eli is just about finished. I’m sure the giants would love to trade their top 3 pick for a hoard of nice draft picks, but they also can look at the jets see trying to pick a franchise qb later in the draft is not easy. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Giants will let Eli have 1 more yr. let the rookie sit and learn for a yr. Eli is just about finished. I’m sure the giants would love to trade their top 3 pick for a hoard of nice draft picks, but they also can look at the jets see trying to pick a franchise qb later in the draft is not easy. 

I would set a value on the pick. If a team cant meet it, go ahead and draft a QB

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would set a value on the pick. If a team cant meet it, go ahead and draft a QB

Lot of teams are doing that. Teams are overpaying ( philly last yr ) to get down in the top 3. Why we never get down there. Mac tries every yr, but he doesn’t want to give up the treasure trove price. The more games the jets win, is the more draft picks we will have to cough up to move into top 3. Giants and jets could pull off a trade maybe ha 

Archived