Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RB Rashaad Penny

usatsi_10561230.jpg?w=1000&h=666

Glenn Andrews-USA TODAY Sports

Rashaad Penny is an interesting option for the Jets to take at running back as a Day 2 or 3 selection.

Playing for San Diego State, Penny did not receive the national attention that backs at bigger schools like Saquon Barkley or Nick Chubb have, but what he accomplished in 2017 deserves to be recognized.

Penny is a well-rounded runner with size, strength, agility and quickness.

The Jets will be interested in taking Penny with one of three selections on Day 2 of the NFL draft to potentially replace the production of Matt Forte and/or Bilal Powell and pair with Elijah McGuire.

OT Brian O’Neill

usatsi_10441930.jpg?w=1000&h=1281

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Brian O’Neill is an interesting offensive lineman prospect for the Jets to consider come Day 2 of the draft.

O’Neill offers a nice combination of mobility and power. While New York’s offensive line struggled last season, it is not looking to actively replace starters Kelvin Beachum or Brandon Shell. That said, O’Neill may be too good to pass up on and could create a good battle in camp.

The Jets would be wise to take a long look at O’Neill, as he improved vastly as a run blocker this past season at Pittsburgh and continues to rise up draft boards.

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Just heard from a league source that the New York #Jets love Josh Allen. Wyoming source told me they've done the most work on him.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Of course they do.

Blow my ******* brains out.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I ******* hate my life.

this franchise has me on my last thread.

That tweet is from November.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Something concerns me that they loved him in the first place though..........he didn’t necessarily look great in November either.

researching and loving a prospect are two different things obviously.  the jets should be researching all of these guys.

31 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Just heard from a league source that the New York #Jets love Josh Allen. Wyoming source told me they've done the most work on him.

Of course they do the Jets consistently as an organization think that they are smartest guys in the room.  Marino, Sapp, Hackenberg and so on...

Love it!!!

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

“wEEaK!”

Sheesh!

It was an light punch at one of the few posters I actually like around here?.He doesn’t need anyone to stick up for him.

I don’t think that guy is sticking up for me, it was just really weak. Weak as in not funny, not funny because it was not funny rather than it being a dig. Your comment could have been directed at anyone and he’d think the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I don’t think that guy is sticking up for me, it was just really weak. Weak as in not funny, not funny because it was not funny rather than it being a dig. 

First of all It really wasn’t a dig when I, myself, like Cousins.

Second of all, it’s purpose really wasn’t aimed for it to be “funny” rather than to express “hey Senor, you always go balls out on the guys you like and over hype them”. ..but in a light jestful manner because it’s not really a big deal. 

Just like this “not funny dig” wasn’t a big deal.

so stop making it a big deal

57 minutes ago, flgreen said:

52 minutes ago, flgreen said:

"Charlie Casserly was also partly responsible for the Jets hiring Mike Maccagan and Todd Bowles, so what he says may influence their opinion.

Keep an eye on Mayfield, who still has to decide if he’s playing in the actual Senior Bowl game."

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/25/6-players-the-jets-should-have-an-eye-on-at-the-senior-bowl/3/

I’d like Twitter to go away already. Draft is noisy enough! 

Allen is the biggest question mark of the Top 4 QB's.  The Jets may be doing more homework on him because he is the least polished AND could be the only one available at #6.

They could also not want to show their hand too much on Mayfield.  There is enough tape on him

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Of course they do.

Blow my ******* brains out.

56 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I ******* hate my life.

this franchise has me on my last thread.

I feel like Miller said that months ago. I don't believe it now.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

First of all It really wasn’t a dig when I, myself, like Cousins.

Second of all, it’s purpose really wasn’t aimed for it to be “funny” rather than to express “hey Senor, you always go balls out on the guys you like and over hype them”. ..but in a light jestful manner because it’s not really a big deal. 

Good Jah, call it whatever you want the joke/point didn’t nail it hence “weak.” If it was born out of equating Cousins and Davenport on the assumption that I have done so then weak is accurate!

It isn’t a big deal! Some jokes bomb, it is what it is! 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Good Jah, call it whatever you want the joke/point didn’t nail it hence “weak.” If it was born out of equating Cousins and Davenport on the assumption that I have done so then weak is accurate!

It isn’t a big deal! Some jokes bomb, it is what it is! 

Ok but aside from that 

we just going to ignore where I posted my proof on Davenport or what?

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

we just going to ignore where I posted my proof on Davenport or what?

Proof of what? You said all the news, got a link to what easily qualifies as news in these conditions with the opposite, went for some joke, it bombed, a poster noted that by calling it weak, you’re fighting it, and here we are! 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Proof of what? You said all the news, got a link to what easily qualifies as news in these conditions with the opposite, went for some joke, it bombed, a poster noted that by calling it weak, you’re fighting it, and here we are! 

? Wtf are you even saying. I’m talking about the tweets posted AFTER. You are clueless. I don’t like you again lol.

just stop talking .. again.?

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The legend that is Incarcerated Bob:

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/955575443570163713?s=17

If true, GM and Bowels will miss. If not true, Bowels and GM guy are so stupid.

seriously, does anyone here have any doubt that bowles wants a vet qb?  bowles would prefer cousins over every single player in the draft, that's how he thinks.

Richburg as our next center?

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-thursday

As players prepare for the final day of Senior Bowl practices, scouts, coaches and front-office personnel from around the league are preparing to vacate Mobile, Alabama. Some teams have left behind a blueprint as to what they hope to accomplish in the offseason. Here’s what Draft Analyst has learned so far.

Weston Richburg, who was fast becoming one of the top young centers in the NFL before his injury last season, may end up signing with a new team in free agency but may not leave the New York/New Jersey area.

Speculation is New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman will looks to sign Panthers interior lineman Andrew Norwell, a favorite of his in Carolina, during free agency rather than re-sign Richburg.

If this scenario plays out, the New York Jets will make a run at Richburg.

The team wants a long-term upgrade at center and a replacement for veteran guard James Carpenter, who’s in the final year of his contract and has watched his game erode the past few seasons.

The Indianapolis Colts hope to come out of the offseason with as many as three new linebackers and several cornerbacks. Word in Mobile is that the Colts would be willing to trade out of the third selection in order to accumulate extra draft picks.

I’m told the Dallas Cowboys will be looking for linebackers and a pass rusher in the offseason. DeMarcus Lawrence will be a free agent, Sean Lee is due a lot of money and will be 32 years old next season and Jaylon Smith is not a sure thing.

The name to keep in mind for the Cowboys is Boise State junior linebacker Leighton Vander Esch. The more tape scouts watch on Vander Esch the more they like him, and I fully expect the athletic linebacker to blow up the combine.

Finally, I mentioned the lovefest taking place over Marcus Davenport of UTSA. If there is a similar feeling towards a player on offense, it would be Oklahoma State receiver James Washington.

Washington has looked terrific in practice and is one of the fastest receivers at Senior Bowl practices, and his arm length of 33 7/8 inches impresses scouts. He’s drawing comparisons to former Pro Bowl receiver Chris Chambers, and it’s unlikely Washington gets out of the first round.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

? Wtf are you even saying. I’m talking about the tweets posted AFTER. You are clueless. I don’t like you again lol. just stop talking .. again.?

These new posters this offseason really are the worst...Board IQ’s probably collectively dropped 20 points and IIRC most of these guys are really young.

Archived