Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

seriously, does anyone here have any doubt that bowles wants a vet qb?  bowles would prefer cousins over every single player in the draft, that's how he thinks.

In this case Bowels is actually right THO. Squirrel found nut now must grab it! This new generation of QBs is very underwhelming, Cousins will eat these fools for lunch. ‘88!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

These new posters this offseason really are the worst...Board IQ’s probably collectively dropped 20 points and IIRC most of these guys are really young.

I’ve been on this forum since 2013 and honestly have barely read any good content from you since being here these 5 years. Go complain some where else. 

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

Richburg as our next center?

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-thursday

As players prepare for the final day of Senior Bowl practices, scouts, coaches and front-office personnel from around the league are preparing to vacate Mobile, Alabama. Some teams have left behind a blueprint as to what they hope to accomplish in the offseason. Here’s what Draft Analyst has learned so far.

Weston Richburg, who was fast becoming one of the top young centers in the NFL before his injury last season, may end up signing with a new team in free agency but may not leave the New York/New Jersey area.

Speculation is New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman will looks to sign Panthers interior lineman Andrew Norwell, a favorite of his in Carolina, during free agency rather than re-sign Richburg.

If this scenario plays out, the New York Jets will make a run at Richburg.

The team wants a long-term upgrade at center and a replacement for veteran guard James Carpenter, who’s in the final year of his contract and has watched his game erode the past few seasons.

The Indianapolis Colts hope to come out of the offseason with as many as three new linebackers and several cornerbacks. Word in Mobile is that the Colts would be willing to trade out of the third selection in order to accumulate extra draft picks.

I’m told the Dallas Cowboys will be looking for linebackers and a pass rusher in the offseason. DeMarcus Lawrence will be a free agent, Sean Lee is due a lot of money and will be 32 years old next season and Jaylon Smith is not a sure thing.

The name to keep in mind for the Cowboys is Boise State junior linebacker Leighton Vander Esch. The more tape scouts watch on Vander Esch the more they like him, and I fully expect the athletic linebacker to blow up the combine.

Finally, I mentioned the lovefest taking place over Marcus Davenport of UTSA. If there is a similar feeling towards a player on offense, it would be Oklahoma State receiver James Washington.

Washington has looked terrific in practice and is one of the fastest receivers at Senior Bowl practices, and his arm length of 33 7/8 inches impresses scouts. He’s drawing comparisons to former Pro Bowl receiver Chris Chambers, and it’s unlikely Washington gets out of the first round.

After the first day coming in sub-6’ I was under the impression that Washington had slipped. Turns out everyone loves him, as they should! IMO the best WR in the draft, obviously probably not the only good one coming out of it 

I think Richburg is an underrated FA target...Cheaper than Jensen, more experience, better pass protector. Jets can do either, prefer not to go cheap. I prefer Jensen for run blocking and health, much more certainty with him. 

21 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

seriously, does anyone here have any doubt that bowles wants a vet qb?  bowles would prefer cousins over every single player in the draft, that's how he thinks.

An established player over a unknown guess? so would about 80% of the people on this board I'd guess..thats not a knock on bowles, that's just reality. He has plenty of real things to fault him on, this is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Something concerns me that they loved him in the first place though..........he didn’t necessarily look great in November either.

I don't know that doing the most work equals love.  The Jets suck at QB. They should be doing the most work on every prospect and every potential free agent. The franchise needs a QB and, perhaps more immediately important to the people involved, Mac and Bowles need a real one to keep their jobs. 

Just now, slats said:

I don't know that doing the most work equals love.  The Jets suck at QB. They should be doing the most work on every prospect and every potential free agent. The franchise needs a QB and, perhaps more immediately important to the people involved, Mac and Bowles need a real one to keep their jobs. 

It had mentioned the word love in that tweet. “The Jets love Josh Allen, they have done the most work on him.”

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Too rational, not sensational. This Matt Miller guys SAYS the Jets love this guy, proof is in the pudding. Can you imagine Bowels and GM guy do not? 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It had mentioned the word love in that tweet. “The Jets love Josh Allen, they have done the most work on him.”

I know, I read it. I'm suggesting the use of the word "love" could very well be speculative based solely on them doing more than their due diligence - which they should be doing!

23 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

After the first day coming in sub-6’ I was under the impression that Washington had slipped. Turns out everyone loves him, as they should! IMO the best WR in the draft, obviously probably not the only good one coming out of it 

I think Richburg is an underrated FA target...Cheaper than Jensen, more experience, better pass protector. Jets can do either, prefer not to go cheap. I prefer Jensen for run blocking and health, much more certainty with him. 

I'll take Cousins, Richburg or Jensen & draft Nelson & put Carpenter on the market for whatever you can get or just keep him 1 more year for depth. 

A trio of Nelson/Richburg-Jensen/Winters is a very good, very tough group of Maulers. I don't care who we get to play QB, we need a running game & to protect him.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't care who we get to play QB, we need a running game & to protect him.

Agreed, that should be the whole goal this offseason:

Cousins

OL 

RB overhaul

TE 

Los Yets are a competitve even very good team with these adds. 

I’m all about cutting Carpenter, Skrine, Wilkerson, Forte, and Powell going all in on an extremely young roster + Cousins and a couple 26 YO FAs. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'll take Cousins, Richburg or Jensen & draft Nelson & put Carpenter on the market for whatever you can get or just keep him 1 more year for depth. 

A trio of Nelson/Richburg-Jensen/Winters is a very good, very tough group of Maulers. I don't care who we get to play QB, we need a running game & to protect him.

Yeah but is the blocking scheme, possibly zone for the WCO, best for maulers? Maybe if it is zone you need more athletic OL ? 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Maybe if it is zone you need more athletic OL ? 

It’s zone BUT that belief was born when most OL were unathletic. The league has never been more athletic, even on OL, so the highest priority is getting talent above getting scheme talent.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thank god......As dedicated of a fan as I am..if this was tweeted yesterday...I think it would of been the end of the road for me.

**** you @flgreen you gave me a legit heart attack LMAO

Well, don't come in off the ledge yet, I don't see why anything has changed.  

This is from yesterday

"The New York Jets are one of the teams that will figure heavily into the quarterback discussion. Earlier this week, we reported how the Jets plan on being active in free agency. Jets sources indicate that the quarterback need is more likely to be filled in the draft. Sources with the New York are being very tight-lipped on their thoughts about the first-round quarterbacks. That being said, after speaking with top evaluators at the team, my gut feeling is telling me that Wyoming's Josh Allen is their favorite among the quarterback prospects. General manager Mike Maccagnan has preferred big quarterbacks, and Allen certainly fits that description. New York also has ammo to move up for the quarterback they want with two second-round picks and four total selections in top 72. 

Two years ago, speaking to sources at the Jets and reading their reactions led to me nailing them taking Christian Hackenberg in the 2016 NFL Draft. Last year, I listened to them, and that led me having them pass on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. While it is still early in the process, right now I feel that Allen seems to be the Jets' guy."

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors3.php

:)

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Richburg as our next center?

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-thursday

As players prepare for the final day of Senior Bowl practices, scouts, coaches and front-office personnel from around the league are preparing to vacate Mobile, Alabama. Some teams have left behind a blueprint as to what they hope to accomplish in the offseason. Here’s what Draft Analyst has learned so far.

Weston Richburg, who was fast becoming one of the top young centers in the NFL before his injury last season, may end up signing with a new team in free agency but may not leave the New York/New Jersey area.

Speculation is New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman will looks to sign Panthers interior lineman Andrew Norwell, a favorite of his in Carolina, during free agency rather than re-sign Richburg.

If this scenario plays out, the New York Jets will make a run at Richburg.

The team wants a long-term upgrade at center and a replacement for veteran guard James Carpenter, who’s in the final year of his contract and has watched his game erode the past few seasons.

The Indianapolis Colts hope to come out of the offseason with as many as three new linebackers and several cornerbacks. Word in Mobile is that the Colts would be willing to trade out of the third selection in order to accumulate extra draft picks.

I’m told the Dallas Cowboys will be looking for linebackers and a pass rusher in the offseason. DeMarcus Lawrence will be a free agent, Sean Lee is due a lot of money and will be 32 years old next season and Jaylon Smith is not a sure thing.

The name to keep in mind for the Cowboys is Boise State junior linebacker Leighton Vander Esch. The more tape scouts watch on Vander Esch the more they like him, and I fully expect the athletic linebacker to blow up the combine.

Finally, I mentioned the lovefest taking place over Marcus Davenport of UTSA. If there is a similar feeling towards a player on offense, it would be Oklahoma State receiver James Washington.

Washington has looked terrific in practice and is one of the fastest receivers at Senior Bowl practices, and his arm length of 33 7/8 inches impresses scouts. He’s drawing comparisons to former Pro Bowl receiver Chris Chambers, and it’s unlikely Washington gets out of the first round.

I would love Norwell here.  He would be a huge upgrade to the OL.  Jensen or Richburg as well.  Plug the OL in FA and spend draft picks on positions you don't usually see in FA like QB and Edge.  That's my .02.

As for the Colts, I would do everything possible to have a contingency trade in place.  Let's say it's our 1st, one of our 2nds and a 2019 2nd if neither Rosen or Darnold drop (we take Mayfield) but it goes up to a 2019 1st if one of them does (to offset the likelihood of some other team being willing to pay more as well).  Frankly, if they loved any of the 3 QBs I would just make the trade before the draft and let one come to us at 3.

27 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

It’s zone BUT that belief was born when most OL were unathletic. The league has never been more athletic, even on OL, so the highest priority is getting talent above getting scheme talent.

What was it under Gailey’s system? 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I would love Billy Price, but he will not be available to the Jets.  He will go mid-late first round.  The Jets have too many holes to fill to try and wait for a C in this draft, when they can just sign Richburg or Jensen.  C is an extreme need-it is completely broken and ripples across the entire line.  Mac's failure to manage the C position is on the top 5 list of his failures, particularly when most of this board saw the end result coming.  Most of us could do a better job with a magazine than Macc can.

Jets

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Thanks for posting a tweet from some Twitter idiot that thinks missing a target about a foot high is OMG serious!

FWIW that vid is a small part of multiple reports from this weeks workouts showing his innacuracy. Guess you are on the Josh train but yeah, sure, of course no concerns when things like that are viewed in the historical context of a franchise that drafts 1st and second round QBs that either master the buttfumble or cant throw a football into the grand canyon but whatevs its cool that you dont dig it☺

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Jets

what this says to me is '....the new york jets select, bradley chubb..."

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Totally fine by me if they land Cousins.

Hell, if the Jets get Cousins, Chubb would be at the top of my wishlist at #6 if he falls.

the way most mock drafts fall, if the jets are not taking a qb at 6 it's probably chubb.  no LTs or elite wrs there are worth taking.

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the way most mock drafts fall, if the jets are not taking a qb at 6 it's probably chubb.  no LTs or elite wrs there are worth taking.

Mock drafts will blow with the wind, there’s a freak among the OTs just a matter of letting this draft process play out. If not then Barkley or Fitzpatrick.

Couldn’t care less about a WR prospect, it’s the new RB in that a quality passer can make a competent WR look great similar to the run blocking oriented OLs of old with RBs. 

Chubb, Barkley, #1 CB, or whoever rises among the OTs at 6 with Cousins on board. 

A couple of notes from watching the North practice from the Senior Bowl. 

- Baker Mayfield can probably step into the NFL and start day 1. He may be limited by his size, but he appears to be a sharp kid that can make reads, go through progressions and use his athleticism to make plays. 

- You can see why so many people love Josh Allen. He has much better arm strength and size than Baker. Watching interviews you can also see that he is a good kid. He is also not as erratic as some make it seem. I don't think he is a 2 year project. I actually think in the right system, with the right coaching, he can step in right away and play. He made some really great throws into tight windows today. Some with a rocket arm, some with light touch. He also overthrew a couple of passes over guys heads, but I didn't notice too many flat out awful throws that I was expecting. 

- Allen Lazard- Kid was catching every pass thrown to him. 

- Mike Gesicki- As  PSU fan, I have seen a ton of this kid and love him. He looked even better today at the Senior Bowl practice. Kid is an athletic 6-6, 250lb kid. He catches everything. Has good moves to get open and is great at catching balls thrown high which makes him near impossible to cover by most Lbers or DBs. 

- Marcus Davenport- Watch this kid on Saturday. I can guarantee he will make big plays and lock up a top 10 draft spot. If we sign Cousins, I could see the Jets taking this kid to finally be our edge rusher. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

- You can see why so many people love Josh Allen. He has much better arm strength and size than Baker. Watching interviews you can also see that he is a good kid. He is also not as erratic as some make it seem. I don't think he is a 2 year project. I actually think in the right system, with the right coaching, he can step in right away and play. He made some really great throws into tight windows today. Some with a rocket arm, some with light touch. He also overthrew a couple of passes over guys heads, but I didn't notice too many flat out awful throws that I was expecting. 

Thanks for posting a tweet from some Twitter idiot that thinks missing a target about a foot high is OMG serious!

Archived