Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

6" 3/8" .... don't discount that 3/8ths man... lol... not shocked 

Hmmmm well I can say that I am in NO WAY surprised that Allen struggled. Dude has bust written all over him if he is really drafted in top 5.

MAC DO NOT DRAFT ALLEN AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!

Baker does have 9 inch hands though. That isn’t bad at all. Top 3 measurement.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I got to watch a bit yesterday.  Mayfield, to me, looked like he was far and away the better of the two.  He's got a ways to go before that whole "under center" thing looks natural, but he didn't look awful doing it and that is so much easier to drill in and teach compared to teaching a guy, who can't hit a 5 yard swing pass, how to throw with accuracy and touch.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_McCrystal/status/954169670839382016

Follow this Twitter thread to see exactly why I dismiss any idea of "but his cawledge talentttttz!"

I let myself get 3rd degree burns via Christian Hackenberg.  I will never let a QB make me feel so stupid for going against the grain for them ever again.

This is the sh*t I saw in the few games I watched him.  Some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen sprinkled with, wow, how the **** did he do that?  There are legit reasons why people are making Hack comparisons.   Those gifs are why.

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Reads more like it could be Denver, given one of the next few blurbs mention how disliked Paxton Lynch is within the locker room.  Maybe the Giants?  For all of our problems, the locker room wasn't one of them.  I'd have to imagine that a team with such issues would be the ones concerned about leadership qualities. 

Regardless of who the source is, I have a feeling Allen is going to interview extremely well too.  I have a gigantic concern over that because it's exactly what shot Hackenberg up our board.  

Tom Brady Resume.jpeg

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Does that quote count as reporting and was it what came out about Hack? ‘Cause the only similarity between Hackenberg and the 2015 QBs is that they all suck. I say that because the Allen rumors seem to be based off the Hackenberg pick. The skillsets and/or pedigrees of McCown, Harvard, Hackenberg, and Petty vary and offer no pattern on what the Jets are looking for at QB. 

I dont know but apparently he predicted Hack to the Jets based on similar "reporting".

I'd be happy with Winston or Mariota.

Fitz doesnt fit the pattern but the other 3 do, big, tall, strong armed pocket QB's...and the 2 he drafted are basically the same guy.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know but apparently he predicted Hack to the Jets based on similar "reporting".

I'd be happy with Winston or Mariota.

Fitz doesnt fit the pattern but the other 3 do, big, tall, strong armed pocket QB's...and the 2 he drafted are basically the same guy.

Fitzgerald the most mobile, productive, and longest tenured. Petty less physical than Hackenberg, fewer years started, significantly higher completion%, came from the spread...Hackenberg 3 year starter with tools but no accuracy. 

28 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Sorry, I don't want anything to do with Todd and Norman (Bates) grooming a rookie QB.  Sign me up for Cousins.

I’d be all in on Cousins IF we had an OL to protect him from getting demolished.  IF we had a DL that could stop the run and pressure the QB. IF we had elite WR’s. IF we had a competent GM who knew what the draft was about and could plug the holes effectively and efficiently via FA. IF we had a stable OC (for more than a year) that specializes in air attack. IF we had a DC that could get the defense off the damn field and stop giving up 1st downs on 3rd down.  IF we had a SMART HC rather than one that would better be employed as a judge in the Run/Punt competition. IF we had a breakaway RB in the mold of Bell, Kamara, McCoy etc.  IF we had an edge rusher that could compile at least 10-15 sacks. IF we had a safety that could intercept a pass. Then yeah count me in ??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Whoa wowie! That’s gonna get at least one of the accounts banned! Jeez this idiot with the namecalling! It’s Wednesday 10:20 AM  for Jah’s sake! 

Give it your best shot. 

Be my guest Pussy    Cat

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Which is about what everyone’s has been from the start. Mac is stupid if he down plays Mayfield’s ability because of size. He finally measured btw.

6’1(barely cracked it)

You got a link for that?

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

If Browns went Allen and the Giants went OL. That would be the best scenario for us. Especially if Denver gets Cousins. 

BUT I think there will be a team outside the top 10 that jumps up ahead of us and throws a curveball in everything. Usually happens every year. 

I would hope that team is us, there is absolutely zero reason why we should be out bid in FA or outbid in moving up when attempting to get out QB.

IMO that absolute worst case scenario is Cousins goes somewhere other than a team in the top 6 and then we have to compete with the Broncos to move up, in which case we have more ammo. Now if all our grades on the QBs are even and we don't have a locked in favorite than I'm fine with a few outcomes.

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah so let’s just forget ever trying to draft a QB then. And stick to our luck with 38 year old retreads. Smart.

26 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Sorry, I don't want anything to do with Todd and Norman (Bates) grooming a rookie QB.  Sign me up for Cousins.

He literally says Cousins, age 30 for the 2018 season! 

29 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Allen going one is best case scenario to me, but i just don't see how that happens. Think if they really like allen they trade down from one for someone looking at rosen. 

The only issue I have with that is if you like a player enough at #4 and you are already picking #1 then you need to take that player at #1. There is too much risk of a team at #2 or #3 to take your guy. It would be foolish to lose out because you were trying to save some value. 

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Sorry, “my gut feeling is that Allen is their favorite QB prospect” does not do much to convince me.

His sources also told him that Darnold wasn't coming out this year....and then 10 minutes after he posted that tweet....Darnold declared.

I take EVERYTHING Walter Football says with a huge grain of salt.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if teams feed them false information because so many people take their word as gospel.

As for them predicting the Jets taking Hack....ummmm.....yeah....that was pretty much what everyone predicted.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Thankee.....

I feel a whole lot better about Mayfield now.  

Here is a tweet comparing his hands and height to Wilson and Brees.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

His sources also told him that Darnold wasn't coming out this year....and then 10 minutes after he posted that tweet....Darnold declared.

I take EVERYTHING Walter Football says with a huge grain of salt.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if teams feed them false information because so many people take their word as gospel.

As for them predicting the Jets taking Hack....ummmm.....yeah....that was pretty much what everyone predicted.

Yeah Walter Football is great because they rank so many prospects early and throughout. NFLDraftScout does the same thing but can’t copy and paste soooooo....

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I must have misread. I thought I saw Falk with the second biggest with 9 inches and some change. Ehh. Nonetheless a good measurement.

Yep.  Right in the mix.  Rudolph came in with 9 1/8" hands.  That's likely to be a concern.  Here's one link to the measurements: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/2018-senior-bowl-weigh-measurement-results/

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

But that guy didn’t say anything about 36 or 38!!! 

So when your talking about 30 and that is Cousins and McCown is garbage compared to Cousins to this point in their careers, yeah I would take 30 over 38.

For the record I prefer we draft  QB (Rosen or Darnold.... if they are gone then the only other option for me is Mayfield, unless you are going to get a guy later and just go with a Sam Bradford type QB.)

57 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Still don't understand why a top 10 team would want to drop that far. 

Normally, I would agree, but Buffalo has two 1s and two 2s..  They may be picking in the 20s, but they do have the draft capital to move up.  If it comes down to it, I think we can outbid them with our 6 and two 2s, but I am not sure QB needy teams picking in the teens like Arizona would be able to outbid Buffalo. 

28 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The only issue I have with that is if you like a player enough at #4 and you are already picking #1 then you need to take that player at #1. There is too much risk of a team at #2 or #3 to take your guy. It would be foolish to lose out because you were trying to save some value. 

I get what you're saying and it makes sense. But i think that the scenario depends on two things:

What someone is willing to pay to move up and how close are your grades on rosen, Darnold, and Allen. 

If someone offers you the Robert griffin type trade price, do you really say no to that if you're the browns? The browns need a lot of good players and obviously a Qb as well. But if they fall pretty close gradewise on all 3 guys, you can probably move back and then trade back up to 3 to get the last qb you want. Obviously, if they love one guy over another, i think your scenario has merit as well. 

Archived